Pit Bull Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FW: 3-22-08 meeting

Go down 
AuthorMessage
rdowsdirectoratlarge

Male Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2007-10-03

FW: 3-22-08 meeting Empty
PostSubject: FW: 3-22-08 meeting   FW: 3-22-08 meeting Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 9:17 pm

Hi: Just a reminder about the Federation meeting at the Ag Center in Williamson County on March 22 following BIS. Maury Co KC has oked using the meeting room on the 2nd floor. That address again is Williamson Co Ag. Exposition Park - 4215 Long Ln - Franklin, Tn. This is the same show site where Nashville and Tullahoma holds their shows.

I have been monitoring the bills in the Legislative Branches. The following 4 bills have been sitting in committee since mid January. On 3-14-08 the Judiciary Committee move all 4 to a Sub-Committee either Civil or Criminal Practices and Procedures within Judicial I called Rep Sontany's office (3-17) to try and find out what this might indicate. I was told that the S/C would look at these bills later in the week. None of these bills have moved in the Senate. The 4 bills are:

SB3827/HB3984 - The Pit Bull bill
SB3864/HB3697 - Minors in attendance at a pit fight
SB3891/HB3880 - Pretrial diversion on cruelty and pit fighting. Allowing the charged to go to trial directly.
SB2675/HB2828 - Civil liability for dog owners if their dog attacks someone.

SB3827 and SB2675 are troublesome if they begin to move farther. Let's not overreact and do anything at this point. This is informational for you all right now.

Hope to see you at the meeting on Sat. afternoon.

Jon Cole
Back to top Go down

FW: 3-22-08 meeting
Page 1 of 1