Pit Bull Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bad Batch of FeeD need Feedback

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
sedaliapridekennels

sedaliapridekennels

Male Number of posts : 932
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Bad Batch of FeeD need Feedback Empty
PostSubject: Bad Batch of FeeD need Feedback   Bad Batch of FeeD need Feedback Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 7:46 pm

ok guy i have been feeding diamand Premium for about a year now. I think i got a bad batch of fed. I need to know if anyone els is having problems

Here is whats going on. My dogs are having bloody runny stools. Spent $600 at the vet just to find it it could be the feed.

Is anyone having this same problem.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/sedaliapitbulls
alfisher3

Number of posts : 215
Registration date : 2007-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Bad Batch of FeeD need Feedback   Bad Batch of FeeD need Feedback Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 8:03 pm

Yes I've definately seen the same problem with my own dogs, I had been feeding the Diamond Hi-Energy for quite some time, and since about December my dogs just seem to go downhill, they weren't holding their muscle structure as well, and I even noticed some blood in the stool of two of my dogs, I tried to talk w/ diamond about the problem they only wanted to offer a replacement bag of feed instead of fixing the problem. I stayed w/ them for about 2mths more because I have been a Die Hard Diamond Pet Food customer for several years, even thru their worst recall a few years back. But with the problems my dogs were having and the prices keep going up on Diamond Dog Food, I figure I could just as well buy another premium brand and give it a try, and my dogs seem to be doing a lot better on the new feed.
Back to top Go down
lovemypits
Admin
Admin
lovemypits

Female Number of posts : 1708
Registration date : 2007-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Bad Batch of FeeD need Feedback   Bad Batch of FeeD need Feedback Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 8:27 pm

I just changed to Diamond performance from the large breed and it is working great on my dogs. Sasha is keeping weight on and harley has good stools (if you can call that good.. lol). No problems here tho.
Back to top Go down
alfisher3

Number of posts : 215
Registration date : 2007-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Bad Batch of FeeD need Feedback   Bad Batch of FeeD need Feedback Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 1:21 am

I spoke w/ a reputable breeder here in Arkansas and he feeds the Diamond Hi-Energy which the formula for that and the premium are nearly identical, but he said that he's had some occasional blood in the stools of his dogs are well, and he's since had to add supplements to the feed and that seems to be bringing them back up to shape for the time being until he switches brands.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bad Batch of FeeD need Feedback   Bad Batch of FeeD need Feedback Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bad Batch of FeeD need Feedback
Page 1 of 1