Pit Bull Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

furminator supplment

Go down 
+4
Olives Mom
pitmamma
lovemypits
kristakmj
8 posters
AuthorMessage
kristakmj

Female Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2007-12-28

furminator supplment Empty
PostSubject: furminator supplment   furminator supplment Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 5:46 pm

has anyone tried this? its an oil supplment liquid form. i am curious if anyone knows anything about it or has used it. i bought some and hope to see the boys flaky skin go away
Back to top Go down
lovemypits
Admin
Admin
lovemypits

Female Number of posts : 1708
Registration date : 2007-03-30

PostSubject: Re: furminator supplment   furminator supplment Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 5:48 pm

I have not tried it, but let me know how it works. Once in awhile Harleys skin will get flaky right at his neck.
Back to top Go down
kristakmj

PostSubject: Re: furminator supplment   furminator supplment Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 5:54 pm

ill certainly let yah know . that is mostly were kilos area is but aces is on his butt and neck area .
Back to top Go down
pitmamma
pitmamma

Female Number of posts : 1414
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: furminator supplment   furminator supplment Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 6:59 pm

I have never heard of it, but keep us posted...
Back to top Go down
Olives Mom

Olives Mom

Female Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-03-17

PostSubject: Re: furminator supplment   furminator supplment Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 7:31 pm

Olive has VERY dry flakey patches on her skin and fur and even scratches her self bald sometimes from the dry winter. I have had her tested for everything under the sun and the verdict is just the dry winters in the Rockies. I use an oatmeal extract spray called aveena sativa - they have a shampoo as well but I dont use it. It seems to make a big difference. I also feel her a 'salmon and duck' food made by a company called sigma 7. It has made a HUGE difference in her skin (and a huge dent in my bank account -but worth it) I would try the spray first and if you still have issues then switch to a food with fish in it - it has extra oils that seem to work. ALSO - just thought - there are EPA omega fatty acid capsuls you can get over the counter at the vet that you can put on their food that helps too. Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
Patch O' Pits

Patch O' Pits

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2007-12-27

PostSubject: Re: furminator supplment   furminator supplment Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 3:14 pm

kristakmj wrote:
has anyone tried this? its an oil supplment liquid form. i am curious if anyone knows anything about it or has used it. i bought some and hope to see the boys flaky skin go away
My first questions to you are....
Do your dogs have allergies?
How often are they bathed?
What food are you using?

I looked it up on line and it has soybean oil, safflower oil, sunflower oil, olive oil and cod liver oil and is pretty expensive for the type of ingredients it has in my opinion. You may be better off going to a health food or pet supply store and getting salmon oil or flax seed oil
Back to top Go down
pitmamma
pitmamma

Female Number of posts : 1414
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: furminator supplment   furminator supplment Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 3:46 pm

I have been doing the salmon oil for a couple of months now, and the dogs who had some dry patches look great and the ones that didn't have any to begin with look even better than they did before. And it was pretty cheap, lol, been taking some myself...
Back to top Go down
kristakmj

PostSubject: Re: furminator supplment   furminator supplment Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 2:01 am

Patch O' Pits wrote:
kristakmj wrote:
My first questions to you are....
Do your dogs have allergies?
How often are they bathed?
What food are you using?

I looked it up on line and it has soybean oil, safflower oil, sunflower oil, olive oil and cod liver oil and is pretty expensive for the type of ingredients it has in my opinion. You may be better off going to a health food or pet supply store and getting salmon oil or flax seed oil

no allergies, once a month if that sometimes i can go months they dont really need to be bathed as they are inside for the most part , canidae as food .

the pet store i have in my town had salmon oil but it was alot more expensive and you got alot less of it , so with 3 dogs iwent with the other choice , it seems to be working to , however it could be that i changed them over to canidae about 2 months ago if that , and then bought them a new bath with oatmeal and also this furminator. they are so soft ,very shiny coats and hardyl any shedding now as well .

i would recomend this supplment to anyone
Back to top Go down
shadowwolf

shadowwolf

Female Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2007-04-04

PostSubject: Re: furminator supplment   furminator supplment Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 4:57 am

I tried it but didn't honestly care for it. It reduced the shedding mildly but nothing more then feeding the food we feed has done in all honesty. The dogs do get salmon oil and a few other suppliments but other then that, they're rocking.
Back to top Go down
Boogieman

Boogieman

Male Number of posts : 175
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: furminator supplment   furminator supplment Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 8:21 pm

Just to let everybody know........over bathing is the number one cause of dry skin on your dog. Try using "The Missing Link". It takes a couple months for it to be noticed but your dogs coat and skin will look amazing.
Back to top Go down
midwest_showdogs
midwest_showdogs

Male Number of posts : 457
Registration date : 2007-10-27

PostSubject: Re: furminator supplment   furminator supplment Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 8:55 pm

Well If you ask any of the people that knows my dogs that goes to the shows they will tell you that my dogs have great looking coats. Bella is even white and she shows no dry skin or skin problems there is no subsitute for a good feed I feed nutro food and have never had a dog with bad skin or problems with hair coming out or anything. Im sure there are things out there that help but thats what I do. I know its very important when there pups to give pups everything they need to have a good long life. When my pups are young I feed nutro puppy with oatmeal and rice it works very good. And yes boogie man your right over bathing will hurt a dogs coat I bath my dogs about once a month maybe!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: furminator supplment   furminator supplment Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

furminator supplment
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pit Bull Family :: Dog Discussion :: Health-
Jump to: