Pit Bull Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Now passed in Apache Junction, AZ

Go down 
AuthorMessage
rdowsdirectoratlarge

Male Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2007-10-03

Now passed in Apache Junction, AZ Empty
PostSubject: Now passed in Apache Junction, AZ   Now passed in Apache Junction, AZ Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 1:57 am

Thanks Naomi…

Received this from Marilyn P. Thanks for keeping us all informed! We better be looking at the AZ federation of Dog clubs very closely.

Marilyn V

Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 21:52:15 -0700
Subject: RE: [FightHB2516] apache junction
Did some checking, and sure enough here it is -- MSN in AJ:

Section 6-1-7 Commercial Animal Dog Kennels
A. Any person who owns, maintains or harbors any more than three animals of the same species
dogs over four three months of age for trade, business, profit or gain or owns for any, reason
other than trade, business, profit or gain more than five animals of the same species over four
months of age must obtain a commercial dog kennel permit.

Section 6-1-8 Personal Animal Dog Kennels
C. All animals dogs covered by the a personal dog kennel permit shall be vaccinated, and
licensed according to Sections 6-3-1 and 6-3-2 of this code and spayed or neutered. A dog
owner may apply for a waiver of the spay or neuter requirement as long as they obtain a
veterinarian’s written opinion that such surgery would endanger the safety of the dog, or a
certification from a veterinarian determining that the other dogs owned by the owner or those
maintained or harbored at the same address are spayed and/or neutered.
All other purposes of dog ownership must have a commercial kennel license, however the language is unclear. For instance, if I had two intact females that I only show, not breed, am I obligated to get a commercial kennel license? My dogs don’t fit into Personal Dog Kennels.
Links to proposed legislation at the bottom of the page:
http://ajcitypublic.novusagenda.com/Bluesheet.aspx?ItemID=664&MeetingID=79
Argh.
Peggi
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” ~Edmund Burke
www.AzAnimalAdvocates.com/
Information opposing MSN legislation
Back to top Go down

Now passed in Apache Junction, AZ
Page 1 of 1