Pit Bull Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tips on introducing a new dog

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jamesraymond
3x

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2007-03-04

Tips on introducing a new dog Empty
PostSubject: Tips on introducing a new dog   Tips on introducing a new dog Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2007 5:12 pm

I am rescuing another pit bull today and what i sthe best way to introduce them? How should I go about daily routines ? I was told do not change queenies becuase she will get angry. I just want to make sure I do everything the right way. Queenie is 5 and the new guy(in process of thinking of new name) is 2
Back to top Go down
lovemypits
Admin
Admin
lovemypits

Female Number of posts : 1708
Registration date : 2007-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Tips on introducing a new dog   Tips on introducing a new dog Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2007 8:51 pm

I am not the expert on this subject, but I can tell you what I did. i had Sasha and Harley (bro & sis). They were 1 1/2when my bf and I decided to adopt Princess who was 1. We took harley and sasha to where princess was at and they met. We sat there for over two hours while the dogs played, layed down, and ate together. They had no issues. We decided we would take princess and we all rode in the truck together. Lucky for us we never had any issues. My sasha is just the most easy going dog and she let princess move right in. The only thing i felt bad was when the dogs would chase and play harley and prin would gang up on sasha. But they lived together in harmony. I did make sure that she got her own food bowl and where it was. The other two had already designated bowls for themselves. I hope it all works out for you, and I can't wait to see pics!!!
Back to top Go down
Michele

Michele

Female Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2007-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Tips on introducing a new dog   Tips on introducing a new dog Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2007 12:11 pm

Introduce them on neutral ground. Just be aware that even if they get along now, they might not always so be prepared to crate and rotate.
Back to top Go down
CoolHandJean

CoolHandJean

Female Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2007-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Tips on introducing a new dog   Tips on introducing a new dog Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2007 10:11 pm

Michele wrote:
Introduce them on neutral ground. Just be aware that even if they get along now, they might not always so be prepared to crate and rotate.

I agree with this, and before introducing them, make sure both are exercised first, so they aren't as hyper.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tips on introducing a new dog   Tips on introducing a new dog Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tips on introducing a new dog
Page 1 of 1