Pit Bull Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

zigen learning to stack

Go down 
+4
sedaliapridekennels
pitmamma
lovemypits
zigen380
8 posters
AuthorMessage
zigen380

zigen380

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-01-14

zigen learning to stack Empty
PostSubject: zigen learning to stack   zigen learning to stack Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 10:07 pm

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Back to top Go down
lovemypits
Admin
Admin
lovemypits

Female Number of posts : 1708
Registration date : 2007-03-30

PostSubject: Re: zigen learning to stack   zigen learning to stack Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 10:26 pm

Aww... good boy Zigen!

Great pics Ruben.
Back to top Go down
pitmamma
pitmamma

Female Number of posts : 1414
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: zigen learning to stack   zigen learning to stack Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 11:04 pm

As always, what a pretty boy.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sedaliapridekennels

sedaliapridekennels

Male Number of posts : 932
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: zigen learning to stack   zigen learning to stack Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 11:39 pm

man i want to see the pictures but i cant view photobucket pictures where i,m at
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/sedaliapitbulls
Boogieman

Boogieman

Male Number of posts : 175
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: zigen learning to stack   zigen learning to stack Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 4:15 am

Hey man I'm just tryin' to help you out. You need to get them back legs square up underneath the dog instead of stretched out like that.

Good luck with showing. Wink
Back to top Go down
pitmamma
pitmamma

PostSubject: Re: zigen learning to stack   zigen learning to stack Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 7:22 pm

Ok I am confused. I thought 'stacked' was to have the back legs out. Like in Sedalia's avavtar. If the back legs were square underneath the dog, would that not just be standing there?
Back to top Go down
lovemypits
Admin
Admin
lovemypits

PostSubject: Re: zigen learning to stack   zigen learning to stack Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 7:33 pm

Mmm... but I think you have to show the angles of the back legs. And if they are stretched out too far it won't properly show them.. .it'll look straight... I think.
Back to top Go down
zigen380

zigen380

PostSubject: Re: zigen learning to stack   zigen learning to stack Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 9:29 pm

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Back to top Go down
gamebred79

gamebred79

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2008-01-17

PostSubject: Re: zigen learning to stack   zigen learning to stack Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 3:31 am

looks like you are choking the crap out of him. look at his toes!
Back to top Go down
zigen380

zigen380

PostSubject: Re: zigen learning to stack   zigen learning to stack Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 3:40 am

she took the pic when he was getting ready to jump for the treat lol
Back to top Go down
pit4life

pit4life

Female Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2007-03-25

PostSubject: Re: zigen learning to stack   zigen learning to stack Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 8:24 pm

Very nice looking boy. Good luck with him!
Back to top Go down
zigen380

zigen380

PostSubject: Re: zigen learning to stack   zigen learning to stack Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 10:05 pm

THANKS ALL
Back to top Go down
Boogieman

Boogieman

PostSubject: Re: zigen learning to stack   zigen learning to stack Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 5:57 am

pitmamma wrote:
Ok I am confused. I thought 'stacked' was to have the back legs out. Like in Sedalia's avavtar. If the back legs were square underneath the dog, would that not just be standing there?
take a look at bronson in the pic in my avatar. that is how you should stack your dog when being viewed by a judge. the dogs should always be square. actually alot of dogs like to stand like rogers in his avatar. that is why you "stack" them square. think if you stacked boxes on an angle like that what would happen to the boxes you were "stacking" ? that's a way to explain it to make it easy to understand. Very Happy

Last edited by Boogieman on Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:02 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Boogieman

Boogieman

PostSubject: Re: zigen learning to stack   zigen learning to stack Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 6:13 am

lovemypits wrote:
Mmm... but I think you have to show the angles of the back legs. And if they are stretched out too far it won't properly show them.. .it'll look straight... I think.
Yes this is correct. If you show your dog with the legs stretched out they appear straight stifled. Which will result in your dog receiving negative points for flaws.
Back to top Go down
pitmamma
pitmamma

PostSubject: Re: zigen learning to stack   zigen learning to stack Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 5:32 pm

Dog world must be completely different than showing other animals. When showing other animals they are actually 'stacked' with their back legs out. So in dog world they stand. Hmm...
Back to top Go down
ultimatek9

Female Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: Re: zigen learning to stack   zigen learning to stack Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 6:37 pm

pitmamma wrote:
Dog world must be completely different than showing other animals. When showing other animals they are actually 'stacked' with their back legs out. So in dog world they stand. Hmm...

Different breeds of dogs are stacked differently. Some breeds are stacked squarely, some are stacked stretched out, and some are stacked just plain weird (GSD).

The APBT by ABDA breed standard:
4. Rear angulation - ratio between the lengths of the bones and the muscles which attach on these bones, causes a bent stifle which leads to a well bent hock. This contributes to the natural springiness that is desired in the rear assembly.
5. The muscle attachment is long and deep, well past the joint , which causes the muscles to appear smooth, but defined. (Not bunchy).
Faults: short or flat hip, straight stifle, double jointed or slipped hock, cow hocked, bunchy muscles.

Check out this page for pictures of proper rear angulation, to help you stack your dog better.
http://www.apbtconformation.com/hindquarters.htm
Also, practice stacking your dog in front of a mirror. That way you can see your dog from the judge's point of view.
Back to top Go down
http://www.SuperPitBulls.com
sedaliapridekennels

sedaliapridekennels

Male Number of posts : 932
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: zigen learning to stack   zigen learning to stack Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 7:06 pm

that was a good informative link thanks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/sedaliapitbulls
lovemypits
Admin
Admin
lovemypits

PostSubject: Re: zigen learning to stack   zigen learning to stack Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 7:11 pm

Wow, great post and helpful hints!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: zigen learning to stack   zigen learning to stack Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

zigen learning to stack
Page 1 of 1