Pit Bull Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

how close are you with your dog?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Dunlap
Site Owner
Site Owner
Dunlap

Male Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2007-03-04

how close are you with your dog? Empty
PostSubject: how close are you with your dog?   how close are you with your dog? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 12:42 am

I figured it be interesting to see some of your stories about dogs that you are, or have been very "in tune" with....I'll start Wink

This past summer I was out mowing the yard and had stopped a minute to clean up some "stuff" from around my trailer. Well Boudreaux started going nuts and I couldnt get him to calm down for anything, keep in mind that he was chained out a good 100 feet away. So I went over to him with a baseball and let him go to go play fetch and wear him out a little bit....he usually flips out when he sees the ball, but this time he took off away from me towards the trailer where I had just been cleaning and wouldnt listen to me for jack chit :/. He started digging around in the grass and flip'n out over "apparently" nothing.....when I went to go and get him to chain him back up, he was trying to kill a 4 foot timber rattler that would've bitten me if he hadnt gotten me to let him go. Of course I finaly got him away from it and was able to kill the snake, but I still havent quite figured out how he knew I wouldve gotten bit by the snake...or how he even knew it was there from a 100 or more feet away. I was with'n a couple of feet from it and didnt even know it was there......so my boy "saved" me from a sever bite that could have possibly been fatal.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pitbull-family.com
Dunlap
Site Owner
Site Owner
Dunlap

Male Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2007-03-04

PostSubject: Re: how close are you with your dog?   how close are you with your dog? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 12:43 am

please share your stories if you have em' Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.pitbull-family.com
pitmamma
pitmamma

Female Number of posts : 1414
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: how close are you with your dog?   how close are you with your dog? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 1:03 am

Last summer I was out mowing in the back of the property. While I am outside Ziggy always watches me. He starts tripping out, he only does this if he smells other dogs or animals. He did this for about 30 minutes and never seen anything and I was telling him to shut up. About that time a wolf runs out of the woods and jumps over the front end of the mower and goes into the woods on the other side. So I can't really say he saved me from anything but he was definetly trying to tell me their was something there.

But my grandma does have a little dog that alerts her when she is going to have a heart attack. Candy will lay across her chest and not let her get up. When this happens they now know to call the ambulance. She hasn't been wrong yet.
Back to top Go down
woody d

woody d

Male Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: how close are you with your dog?   how close are you with your dog? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 3:21 am

its amazing how they do things like that. all my dogs have ever "protected" me from was strangers(ha)
Back to top Go down
marlenadee

marlenadee

Female Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: My Honey,Paris   how close are you with your dog? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 4:20 am

My Paris,who is 6 yrs old was in the backyard with me keeping an eye on the puppies(as Usual) since I am 8 mo's pregnant and cant keep up with them right now.Well I am a chicken when it comes to bugs and a bee landed on my arm but before it could sting me I started screaming and swatting like a mad woman.This of course sent Paris running to my aid barking and looking around a bit confused at what I was screaming about in the first place.LoL She realized that I was in no danger so she carefully jumps to my side and licks me as if she wanted to ask me if I was ok.I know kinda corny but My dogs always do little things to make me love them more everyday. TEAR :-)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=marlenadee
pitmamma
pitmamma

Female Number of posts : 1414
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: how close are you with your dog?   how close are you with your dog? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 4:26 am

That is not corny, it is sweat. It seems it doesn't matter how mad you are, one of them dogs will come and lick right up side your head and all you can do is laugh.
Back to top Go down
Masterpiece

Masterpiece

Female Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2007-11-06

PostSubject: Re: how close are you with your dog?   how close are you with your dog? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 5:09 pm

My first Pit (rescue) he was my buddy he went everywhere with me… I couldn’t tell you how many times he saved my ass… specially camping out at the lakes… but one time I will never forget… we went to a little river which we end up calling the Dirty Verde (for many reasons) well Midis was one to hardly ever bark… I mean almost never bark… well we took him with me my boyfriend and two other (big guy) friends in my little single cab truck to go camping for one night… well I had bought a pretty big nice tent and we went out there hung out by the fire me and Midis would always go on trail walks and just a nice day well that night our friends wake me and bf up…. All we heard were Quads and chains. We couldn’t see anyone because all we could see was there headlines shinning right at us…. we couldn’t tell how many there were but every minute or so they would Charge our tent and turn really quick so that the dirt would fly at our tent… I don’t know what they were trying to do but it really freaked us out. None of them spoke English it was all Spanish, well we didn’t leave the tent we were scared of what was going to happen so me and Midis went to my truck to grab a cell phone to call for help (I mean it scared the crap out of us so bad) well as I walked to my truck he didn’t want to get in I got in and locked the door to call 911…. Well I didn’t know that the cell phones had NO SERVIOUS… he started barking like crazy… one of them got off their quads and started walking towards my truck and he started showing his teeth … I don’t know if it was him or them seeing me on my cell phone but they finally started to leave us alone… when they left they drove by the windows of our tent slowly and leaned down to look inside… Midis and the rest of us stood there with all our chests out LOL but he knew there was something fishy about it all… I trust his instincts more than mine… lol

My boyfriend had a beautiful Black Great Dane, she was HUGE… lol anyway we took her to our friends house to hang out (he loved her and always wanted her LOL) well when we got there she wouldn’t let us walk up to the front door… she kept trying to go back to the truck, she loves going to Ryan’s house there is lots of treats and he loves her. Well you try and tell a Great Dane that you wanted to do something different than them. So after a few minutes we convinced her to go up to the door.. Well she kept licking the front door like it was covered in syrup. We walked in let her do and she ran straight out back… I followed her to see what the hell was going on… well she spit out a scorpion… (They are VERY common in AZ) like she liked it up perfectly and pressed it with her tongue against the top of her mouth so she wouldn’t get bitten…or my boyfriend…. He is DEATHLY allergic OF SCORPIONS, BEES AND ANY THING THAT CAN BE POISIONS LIKE THAT… WE WOULD HAVE HAD 20 MINUTES WITH HIS epee pins….
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/midisandvictor
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how close are you with your dog?   how close are you with your dog? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

how close are you with your dog?
Page 1 of 1