Pit Bull Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

i have soem questions

Go down 
+5
pit4life
Anokapolicia
Dunlap
freekypixie
nnnbullies
9 posters
AuthorMessage
nnnbullies

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2007-03-10

i have soem questions Empty
PostSubject: i have soem questions   i have soem questions Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2007 10:18 pm

umm
what is the difference between sable and seal???
Also dummy nipples my mom heard soemwhere every dog has an extra smaller dummy nipple? t or f?
Back to top Go down
nnnbullies

PostSubject: Re: i have soem questions   i have soem questions Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2007 4:47 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: i have soem questions   i have soem questions Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2007 1:53 am

the adba had a color chart on there web site but i think it is gone
Back to top Go down
freekypixie

freekypixie

Female Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: i have soem questions   i have soem questions Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2007 9:53 pm

seal is a black dog that has brown on its sides in the sunlight it looks like a seal darker on top brown on the sides...... sabel is not a reconized color in pit bulls..... it would be called buckskin dark or light.... dark colored muzzle and a line of dark hairs down the back with lighter sides..... often times just the ends of the hairs will be dark..........
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/pentaclepits
nnnbullies

PostSubject: Re: i have soem questions   i have soem questions Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2007 12:56 am

Alright yea shes registered as black and white her back looks black her sides look brown
but in poor lighting like when its clpudy out she looks blue
Back to top Go down
Dunlap
Site Owner
Site Owner
Dunlap

Male Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2007-03-04

PostSubject: Re: i have soem questions   i have soem questions Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2007 2:33 am

nnnbullies wrote:
Alright yea shes registered as black and white her back looks black her sides look brown
but in poor lighting like when its clpudy out she looks blue

Sounds like she is seal...do you have any pics?
Back to top Go down
http://www.pitbull-family.com
nnnbullies

PostSubject: Re: i have soem questions   i have soem questions Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2007 4:53 am

looking black
i have soem questions 100_0112
looking blue
i have soem questions Sassyside2
the brownish redish whatever color lol
i have soem questions 100_0235

The breeder said she is sable like hersire but i think she's seal.
Back to top Go down
Anokapolicia

Anokapolicia

Male Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: i have soem questions   i have soem questions Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2007 3:57 pm

Seal or sable that is one beautiful dog!
Back to top Go down
nnnbullies

PostSubject: Re: i have soem questions   i have soem questions Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2007 4:41 pm

Thanks
Back to top Go down
pit4life

pit4life

Female Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2007-03-25

PostSubject: Re: i have soem questions   i have soem questions Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2007 1:13 am

Looks seal to me. Smile
Back to top Go down
SchismaticKennels

SchismaticKennels

Number of posts : 122

PostSubject: Re: i have soem questions   i have soem questions Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2007 12:59 pm

I am pretty sure, that's a black bluie....although don't quote me because I'm not an expert. Nice girl though.
Back to top Go down
MidnightSkyKnl
MidnightSkyKnl

Female Number of posts : 354
Registration date : 2007-05-06

PostSubject: Re: i have soem questions   i have soem questions Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2007 1:06 pm

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

Last edited by on Wed May 09, 2007 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.midnightskykennels.com
mindovermatter

mindovermatter

Female Number of posts : 364

PostSubject: Re: i have soem questions   i have soem questions Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2007 6:43 pm

to me i would say that dog is seal and white.. i have never heard the term black bluie befor only red bluie... *shrugs* learn something new every day ... i was told that seal was when they looked blue in the light and sable was when they looked sun burnt.

I can say that i have 2 females at home mother and daughter that have an extra or "false" nippel.. my other 2 intact females do not have them though.
Back to top Go down
SchismaticKennels

SchismaticKennels

Number of posts : 122

PostSubject: Re: i have soem questions   i have soem questions Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2007 6:54 pm

Accepted Terms to describe Colors according to ADBA:

Bluies- portions of coat having a distinct blue or gray cast. This is often associated with lighter or blue eyes. A reddish or gray pigment around the eye rims, nose, and lips are also identified with this color. To indicate this coloring please list the predominate color first/bluies/markings, etc.

Seal- appears black except has red or brown cast when viewed in sun or bright ight.

Unaccepted Terms to describe colors:

Sable- deep brown with gray, black or red tones. List as dark brown and then add color of tones.

www.adba.cc there is a complete list of colors there and what is accepted, I'm not sure what is accepted by other registrations such as UKC or AKC.
Back to top Go down
mindovermatter

mindovermatter

Female Number of posts : 364

PostSubject: Re: i have soem questions   i have soem questions Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2007 7:19 pm

UKC doesn't even list seal as a color i had someone call me today that has one of Dawns granddaughters she asked me what color to put her as because she is seal and it was not listed they only have black as a choice..
Back to top Go down
Attila

Attila

Male Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2007-05-26

PostSubject: Re: i have soem questions   i have soem questions Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 9:05 pm

There are so many color variations to choose from. Your safe with black and white. Buie, sable or seal are terms that are so hard to lable sometimes. Maybe a judge could help you out. Someone that is trained to know the color variations anyway judge, showman/woman etc. It does look to be a sable color. Call the registary to see what your options are. Then try to pick from that. Darn good looking dog though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: i have soem questions   i have soem questions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

i have soem questions
Page 1 of 1