Pit Bull Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why

Go down 
+9
suki
midwest_showdogs
pitmamma
lovemypits
sedaliapridekennels
CoolHandJean
Sisco's Project
Dunlap
confederatemule
13 posters
AuthorMessage
confederatemule

confederatemule

Male Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2007-05-24

Why Empty
PostSubject: Why   Why Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 10:42 pm

Would any one be willing to share "why", with me and anyone else reading this?

WHY do you have a dog?

WHY do you have more than one dog?
Back to top Go down
Dunlap
Site Owner
Site Owner
Dunlap

Male Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2007-03-04

Why Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why   Why Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 11:52 pm

~Because I prefer dogs to people Wink

~And because I love this breed and you can never have too much of a good thing Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.pitbull-family.com
Sisco's Project

Sisco's Project

Female Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2007-11-14

Why Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why   Why Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 5:01 am

I agree with Dunlap, I like dogs more then people, (cats are to much like people). I have more then one because each one is special to me in their own way. I have my buddy who is there to comfort me (Austin) my companion and loyal friend ( Max) my clown and soon to be weigth puller (Sisco) and my girlie gal and trusted secret holder (Gypsy). Then I have my foster and they complete me as a person they make me realize that people, suck but that there are a few genuine people who care. Plus they let me see that I can make a differance a person.

So that is WHY...
Back to top Go down
CoolHandJean

CoolHandJean

Female Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2007-11-02

Why Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why   Why Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 5:34 am

I own a dog, because a dog doesn't judge you. It doesn't snub you, and it is a bit of a therapy. If you have a bad day, sometimes coming home and petting your dog does wonders. I guess those are kind of selfish reasons, but they are what they are....
Why do I own more than one? Because APBTs and Amstaffs are addictive. lol.
Back to top Go down
sedaliapridekennels

sedaliapridekennels

Male Number of posts : 932
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Why Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why   Why Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 5:45 am

because afterall the political Bull **** that goes on in the world you can come home to a loveable dog and get no complaints and nothing but love. Becuse i love dogs and my dog is my best and most loyal friends. Because They are smarterthan i am.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/sedaliapitbulls
lovemypits
Admin
Admin
lovemypits

Female Number of posts : 1708
Registration date : 2007-03-30

Why Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why   Why Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 5:52 am

My dogs are definately cheaper than a therapist!! LOL Can't have a stressful day when they are looking at me with those big brown eyes! I have more than one because... they are brother and sister and I had to have two of them? Seriously.. they make me laugh!!
Back to top Go down
pitmamma
pitmamma

Female Number of posts : 1414
Registration date : 2007-06-22

Why Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why   Why Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 2:40 pm

I would have to agree with everyone at this point. And I know you didn't ask this question but it is just as important in my life. Why bull dogs? I myself have been known to be an outcast and to not 'fit in'. At times I have felt some of the same BS that gets thrown at our dogs. I have a voice and I can stand up for myself, our dogs don't, so we have to be their voice.
I guess the answer to why so many, because although I cannot save them all, I will save as many as I possibly can. People pick their friends based on different personalities, I don't have friends....I have bull dogs.
Back to top Go down
confederatemule

confederatemule

Why Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why   Why Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 4:18 pm

To answer my question.

I have no earthly idea why. They make me so mad I could scream [and do]. They keep my left shoulder messed up all of the time. I can not for the life of me keep them from pulling and yanking on me. The Rott/Chow is the only one that does not try to take my arm off. They do things I hate, to just pester me, I think. I feel guilty when I am handling one and the others are crying; "Me, Me". And the list can go on.
But.....
I enjoy them. I like taking them with me. They make for good company, and that is all I use them for. I only wish I could let them run loose.

As far as "why" bull dogs. I do like the bully type breeds. I especially like Chow, Rotwieler, and APBT.

I really don't know why.
Back to top Go down
sedaliapridekennels

sedaliapridekennels

Why Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why   Why Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 4:23 pm

you should consider some obediance training to help with the jerking of the lead if your sholder is giving you problems
Back to top Go down
confederatemule

confederatemule

Why Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why   Why Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 6:17 pm

sedaliapitbulls wrote:
you should consider some obediance training to help with the jerking of the lead if your sholder is giving you problems

Can't afford something like that, and I would probably have to train them all over again when it was all said and done. I don't do nothin like other folks do. I don't use the same commands, verbal or hand, and don't intend to. I am left handed and it seems like everything else about me is the opposite of other folks, too.

I hope that did not sound rude or hateful. I don't intend for it too. Just tellin it like it is.

I know you were tryin to be helpful, and I thank you.
Back to top Go down
sedaliapridekennels

sedaliapridekennels

Why Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why   Why Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 6:41 pm

i,m alyes here to help talk to Midwest-showdogs he can help you on baisic obedience training.

Start out by buying yourself a chock collork

Keep your dog to your side wih the chock collar an keep it tight t where the dog can move infront of you or behind you if he tries give a firm boice no if he stays tell him goo job. if he pulls you give a firm vic no and a slight jerk on the lead

This should help you. you need to be conistant with this and stick with it or els they will get outof hand on you again.
Back to top Go down
midwest_showdogs
midwest_showdogs

Male Number of posts : 457
Registration date : 2007-10-27

Why Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why   Why Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 10:58 pm

For the un conditional love that a dog gets you no matter what.
well i show and my kids wanted to show and do things with there own dogs I think that the kids are the future of this brred and we all need to make sure thay know the real dog this dog is supposed to be a loving, obediened and very loyal dog.
Back to top Go down
sedaliapridekennels

sedaliapridekennels

Why Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why   Why Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 11:13 pm

i do got to saythere has been som spetactular post
Back to top Go down
suki
suki

Female Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2007-03-05

Why Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why   Why Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 3:33 am

for me, dogs and horses are the ultimate, and since where i live is no longer zoned for horses, nor, can i now afford any, (used to co-own 3) i'll go with my other choice=dogs. and like almost everyone has already mentioned, the love they give is unconditional. ~ALWAYS~ you give them an ounce of love, and they repay you with tons.
they never judge, nor assume, and their love is always unwaivering, and oftentimes supersedes even their own innate needs.
for me, they are the best example of a perfect creature.
and yeah, it's also, as stated, "no suprise man's best friend can't talk"... Wink which often times, makes them the perfect partner and companion.
Dogs rule!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/suki9259
SouthernStylePits

SouthernStylePits

Female Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2008-01-12

Why Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why   Why Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 4:33 am

I own my dogs because of my love for animals, but Pit Bulls especially. I love the fact that Pit Bulls can be the most energetic dogs ever and work a spring pole or pull one minute, then turn into the most loving creature you'll ever meet when they are around people. I have my dogs because I could not imagine my life without them! I can't imagine not waking up to cold noses in the mornings, or freezing because Eli stole my covers, and Jada took my pillow. I get mad at them, they bark at everything! If a car passes outside and the blinds are open, my house is unbearable, but I can't stay mad at them forever! I like knowing that if it comes down to it, they would die for me, but I would give my life for them. My dogs are my everything, and I live to help my breed. If there is anything I'm passionate about it is the American Pit Bull Terrier, and I wouldn't trade a million dollars for any of my stubborn, spoiled, hyper little "monsters."

Wow, had a lot to say there, sorry!
Back to top Go down
http://southernstylepitbulls.tripod.com
MsPittyLove

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Why Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why   Why Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 6:57 am

I have my dogs because they love me unconditionally. They don't care how I look, how I smell or anything superficial, they just care and love being with me. It doesn't matter what kind of mood I'm in, if I've had the worst day I can come home to their crazy smiling faces and my mood gets lifted by a thousand, even if I've had the best day it's intensified by my dogs. They're my spooners, my best friends, my happiness and my prides and joy. I just love them all so much. They're craziness. The stuff they do to piss me off, even though I can never really get mad at them. All the stuff they've broken, chewed, the plants they've killed and dug up, all of that is irrelevant because they're so damn amazing!!
Back to top Go down
woody d

woody d

Male Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2007-12-21

Why Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why   Why Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 10:39 am

i have dogs for several reasons...i always had a dog growing up, and i want to pass that experience on to my girls. this world is so harsh, i want haley and hannah to learn that no matter how hard the day is, someone will always be waiting for you when you get home.
Back to top Go down
kristakmj

Female Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Why Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why   Why Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 12:23 pm

the unconditional love they give . although sometimes they can be frustrating.

why do i have 3 ? well i got sierra and along with her came her litter that she was already carrying , i was only gonna keep one although i would have kept them all if my house would have been bigger lol . the one was kilo , then i fell in love with patches , but noone wanted ace so i decided to adopt out patches and keep MR ace , and i coulnt ask for a btter pup really . he is gonna be a very mellow laid back adult dog .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Why Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why   Why Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pit Bull Family :: The Camp Fire :: General-
Jump to: