Pit Bull Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CAN'T DEPEND ON SNOW - FOND DU LAC, WI WEIGHT PULL/SLED RACE

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
lovemypits
Admin
Admin
lovemypits

Female Number of posts : 1708
Registration date : 2007-03-30

CAN'T DEPEND ON SNOW - FOND DU LAC, WI WEIGHT PULL/SLED RACE Empty
PostSubject: CAN'T DEPEND ON SNOW - FOND DU LAC, WI WEIGHT PULL/SLED RACE   CAN'T DEPEND ON SNOW - FOND DU LAC, WI WEIGHT PULL/SLED RACE Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 10:39 pm

Well, today Taydom (siscos project) and I attended our first weight pull with our dogs. I think we stood out in the freezing weather for about 5 hours or so!!

Well, harley weighed in at 65lbs and sasha at 58lbs... so they must have lost some weight! LOL Here are some pics from the pull....

Gypsy - she was a no pull both times. It was sooooo freezing out there her poor body was just shaking!!
Here is she is empty cart 350lbs:

CAN'T DEPEND ON SNOW - FOND DU LAC, WI WEIGHT PULL/SLED RACE Dec1stweightpull009

Sisco - I think taydom stopped him after 475lbs (correct me if I'm wrong)..
Here he is with the empty cart:

CAN'T DEPEND ON SNOW - FOND DU LAC, WI WEIGHT PULL/SLED RACE Dec1stweightpull012

Sasha - I stopped her at 725lbs. Unfortunately I was unable to get a pic of her pulling.. but she did better than I thought she would!! No 'no pulls'....

Harley - there was only him and one other dog pulling in novice after the weight kept increasing so I stopped him at 850lbs...
Here he is after pulling 850lbs...

CAN'T DEPEND ON SNOW - FOND DU LAC, WI WEIGHT PULL/SLED RACE Dec1stweightpull016

A few of the other dogs in the club pulling...
CAN'T DEPEND ON SNOW - FOND DU LAC, WI WEIGHT PULL/SLED RACE Dec1stweightpull018
CAN'T DEPEND ON SNOW - FOND DU LAC, WI WEIGHT PULL/SLED RACE Dec1stweightpull015
CAN'T DEPEND ON SNOW - FOND DU LAC, WI WEIGHT PULL/SLED RACE Dec1stweightpull014
CAN'T DEPEND ON SNOW - FOND DU LAC, WI WEIGHT PULL/SLED RACE Dec1stweightpull013

And a few of the dogs that also did weight pull... but most were there for the sled races:
CAN'T DEPEND ON SNOW - FOND DU LAC, WI WEIGHT PULL/SLED RACE Dec1stweightpull008
CAN'T DEPEND ON SNOW - FOND DU LAC, WI WEIGHT PULL/SLED RACE Dec1stweightpull007
CAN'T DEPEND ON SNOW - FOND DU LAC, WI WEIGHT PULL/SLED RACE Dec1stweightpull006
CAN'T DEPEND ON SNOW - FOND DU LAC, WI WEIGHT PULL/SLED RACE Dec1stweightpull005
CAN'T DEPEND ON SNOW - FOND DU LAC, WI WEIGHT PULL/SLED RACE Dec1stweightpull004
CAN'T DEPEND ON SNOW - FOND DU LAC, WI WEIGHT PULL/SLED RACE Dec1stweightpull003
CAN'T DEPEND ON SNOW - FOND DU LAC, WI WEIGHT PULL/SLED RACE Dec1stweightpull002
CAN'T DEPEND ON SNOW - FOND DU LAC, WI WEIGHT PULL/SLED RACE Dec1stweightpull001
Back to top Go down
lovemypits
Admin
Admin
lovemypits

PostSubject: Re: CAN'T DEPEND ON SNOW - FOND DU LAC, WI WEIGHT PULL/SLED RACE   CAN'T DEPEND ON SNOW - FOND DU LAC, WI WEIGHT PULL/SLED RACE Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 10:42 pm

I for sure want to go to some more pulls, but this time I'll be better equiped. We got I think 5 inches of snow during the pull... so it really was FREEZING out there... Next time I will have blankets or jackets or something for my dogs to try to stay a little warmer! Until then I'm staying inside!! We're supposed to get snow here till 6am tomorrow!! Brrr.......
Back to top Go down
sedaliapridekennels

sedaliapridekennels

Male Number of posts : 932
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: CAN'T DEPEND ON SNOW - FOND DU LAC, WI WEIGHT PULL/SLED RACE   CAN'T DEPEND ON SNOW - FOND DU LAC, WI WEIGHT PULL/SLED RACE Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 10:59 pm

i see they had snow dogs. How did they do. Surley they couldn,t compete with the bulldog but anywheys great pics
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/sedaliapitbulls
lovemypits
Admin
Admin
lovemypits

PostSubject: Re: CAN'T DEPEND ON SNOW - FOND DU LAC, WI WEIGHT PULL/SLED RACE   CAN'T DEPEND ON SNOW - FOND DU LAC, WI WEIGHT PULL/SLED RACE Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 11:07 pm

Roger - there were a few Alaskan Malamutes that were right up there with the bull dogs! I think like two of them.. the others no.. they petered out around 725-850lbs. I don't think I got any of the snow dogs pulling.. the pics posted were the ones that were in the sled races. There was a guy there that had two American Bulldogs and they pulled the cart like it weighed 5 lbs.... as I'm sure many of you are used to seeing down south. I'm thankful for the experience we got though!!
Back to top Go down
pitmamma
pitmamma

Female Number of posts : 1414
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: CAN'T DEPEND ON SNOW - FOND DU LAC, WI WEIGHT PULL/SLED RACE   CAN'T DEPEND ON SNOW - FOND DU LAC, WI WEIGHT PULL/SLED RACE Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 12:06 am

Looks cold, but looks like you guys had a great time. Congrats it was a success.
Back to top Go down
Sisco's Project

Sisco's Project

Female Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2007-11-14

PostSubject: Re: CAN'T DEPEND ON SNOW - FOND DU LAC, WI WEIGHT PULL/SLED RACE   CAN'T DEPEND ON SNOW - FOND DU LAC, WI WEIGHT PULL/SLED RACE Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 5:30 am

Yeah my little hippo butt did GREAT!! It wasn't alot but he did better then I could exspected and at 50# I give him credit for a full pull of 425# and half a pull of #700 load. Gypsy wasn't a disappointment either she is a girlie girl and does her agility very well so I didn't exspect her to pull, but the people exposer was nice for her. And lots of people got to see her cute face and pet an "EVIL Pitbull" lol! So now this
X-mas I not only have to order collarmania collars, but I also have to get a weight pulling harness so by summer when it is warm we can kick some heavy weight butt.
Back to top Go down
lovemypits
Admin
Admin
lovemypits

PostSubject: Re: CAN'T DEPEND ON SNOW - FOND DU LAC, WI WEIGHT PULL/SLED RACE   CAN'T DEPEND ON SNOW - FOND DU LAC, WI WEIGHT PULL/SLED RACE Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 2:23 pm

Yeah, Taydom... we'll have to show that guy a thing or two.. ya know.. the "I have to push the cart to start off the novice..." blah blah... LOL So when we go camping/hiking we can train then too, they can pull the wood out and over to the fire!! Laughing

And I really think sisco is gonna be good... he had one of the fastest times the first pull... something like 6 seconds? I think only martys dog did better (and she obviously has had some exstensive training!!!)

rendeer
Back to top Go down
wheezie wayne

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2007-12-02

PostSubject: Re: CAN'T DEPEND ON SNOW - FOND DU LAC, WI WEIGHT PULL/SLED RACE   CAN'T DEPEND ON SNOW - FOND DU LAC, WI WEIGHT PULL/SLED RACE Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 6:41 pm

dang that looks cold lol. great pics thanks for sharing
Back to top Go down
sedaliapridekennels

sedaliapridekennels

Male Number of posts : 932
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: CAN'T DEPEND ON SNOW - FOND DU LAC, WI WEIGHT PULL/SLED RACE   CAN'T DEPEND ON SNOW - FOND DU LAC, WI WEIGHT PULL/SLED RACE Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 8:13 pm

hell i need to bring my dogs to those pulls she would he doing most weight pulled and body pound lol..
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/sedaliapitbulls
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CAN'T DEPEND ON SNOW - FOND DU LAC, WI WEIGHT PULL/SLED RACE   CAN'T DEPEND ON SNOW - FOND DU LAC, WI WEIGHT PULL/SLED RACE Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CAN'T DEPEND ON SNOW - FOND DU LAC, WI WEIGHT PULL/SLED RACE
Page 1 of 1