Pit Bull Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

COPS say no to AB 1634

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dunlap
Site Owner
Site Owner
Dunlap

Male Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2007-03-04

COPS say no to AB 1634 Empty
PostSubject: COPS say no to AB 1634   COPS say no to AB 1634 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2007 3:26 am

PUBLIC SAFETY OPPOSITION TO AB 1634 IS GROWING
Loss of K9 Dogs and Costs to Cities and Counties Cited

The California Organization of Police and Sheriffs (COPS) announced growing opposition to AB 1634, “The Pet Extinction Act” (Levine, D-Van Nuys) because it will decimate police dogs, dogs for the blind, hearing impaired and disabled and is an unfunded state mandate threatening local public safety budgets.

The newest opposition comes from the 25,000 members of the National Coalition of Public Safety Officers (NCPSO) CWA/AFL-CIO along with the California Rescue Dog Association, the largest K9 search-and-rescue organization, the United States Police Canine Association, Western States Police Canine Association, Manteca Police Officers Association, Manteca Police Employees Association, Canine Specialized Search Team, and John Riboni, K9 Training Director for Placer County Sheriffs Department, Roseville Police Department, Lincoln Police Department, and Rocklin Police Department.

AB 1634 will decimate future law enforcement K-9 departments. At a time when we need more dogs, especially for bomb detection, this bill calls for the extinction of the mixed breed dogs used as working dogs for these duties and drastically reduces the availability of purebred working dogs. The so-called “exemptions” for law enforcement in the bill language do not make sense. Aside from current dogs in service, this legislation does not provide adequate exemption for the next generation of police dogs used for crime prevention, bomb searches, drug detection and search and rescue operations.

COPS Executive Director Monty Holden said, “In addition to eliminating dogs for law enforcement, the blind, hearing impaired and disabled, AB 1634 is an unfunded state mandate costing cities and counties over $1 billion annually. Local public safety funding is put at risk because of the unfunded state mandate in AB 1634.”

Over 50% of cities and counties general fund revenues are budgeted for public safety. AB 1634 will be a financial drain on cities and counties. Mandatory/spay neuter policies previously enacted have seen animal services budgets skyrocket. Law enforcement costs alone will increase by over $42 million if AB 1634 is passed into law.

“All of the major organizations involved with providing K9 dogs to law enforcement officers and blind, hearing impaired and disabled citizens are opposed to this bill because they understand the next generation of dogs will be decimated. AB 1634 will leave our law enforcement officers and blind, hearing impaired and disabled citizens vulnerable to great harm without the assistance of their dogs”, Holden added. For more information go to

www.cops.cc

http://www.cops.cc/news/press_releases/public_opposition_to_ab_1634/
Back to top Go down
http://www.pitbull-family.com
fbabygirl121976

Female Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-07-15

COPS say no to AB 1634 Empty
PostSubject: Building a no kill animal shelter in the bronx   COPS say no to AB 1634 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 12:49 pm

This is the reason why I want to buld a NO Kill rescue Mission for these animal. Yes! it will be a animal shelter but Iit will be a NO KILL Many of us have been pulling dog out of kill shelter finding them home or place them in foster care. Sometimes it is hard to save every animal. We don't have the man power or the somebody who can take them. This is one of the reason I want to do this shelter. I saw the picture of the dog they tied to the true and burned him alive and for one I hope to God he will have his judgement day with God himself or another dog that is strong enough to bite the F*uck out that as*hole. People who abuse these dog should be banned from having dogs. I have seen bulletin of caring people trying to find a home for all these animals. I am tired of posting and reposting these bulletin all day at work and that is why I want this to happen so none of us can post animal but pick up the phone and say hey frances we got a dog this is where is at and all i have to do is let one of my volunteer or worker picked them up or I even pay for the transport. Many animals are being abuse every where in the USA and we have seen the horrible side effect sometimes I want to do is grab the owner and knock some sense into them but I can't. BSL is trying to bann my breed of dog Pit bull I say kiss my puerto rican as* that will never fu*king happen. I have a red nose pitbull everybody has seen his picture that is my baby and now I am adopting another red nose she is a female two years old she has been throgh hell and back and she still loves human imagine that after they did what they di to her. Her name is ms. Henney. In two weeks she will be attention to my family I can't wait till i bring her home. Please help me build my shelter and trust me you will never regret helping me. I really want to do this and alot of people has called me crazy. There are people in my neighborhood want to help me so they started fundrasing them selves now it's our turn on my space. Please I am not asking you to donate a forturn just a dollar if you can. <br />Please help me build a shelter for the animals so we won't have to keep posting to rescue animals and all you have to do is call me and i will take any animal it will be a no kill shelter. Donate what ever you can!!!!!!!!Thank you!!!!!
will be holding a fund raiser to open a no-kill animal shelter in the Bronx. If you interested to donated or even if you can't but want to volunteer your time to start the fundraiser I would really appericate it. You can donate the what ever you can to this secure account anything can help. I want to open the shelter no later then the ending of this year or the beginning of next year. To many animals Cats and dogs are being put down and they are in healthy condition please we need to help these animals they still love human no matter what some human has put them through. I have even two groups that you could look what they do to these poor animals http://groups.myspace.com/petstotherescue
http://groups.myspace.com/pitbullsgottalovethem. So please get people at your work or friends and let them no that I am doing a shelter and I want to help these animals . As you know I am a dog lover and also I have a pitbull name Hannible and also I am adopting another one name Henney I have rescue some pits and other breeds and placed them in a good home.

Just copy to the webpage http://www.chipin.com/contribute/id/d2a1849d0bebbab0

Thank You Frances
Back to top Go down

COPS say no to AB 1634
Page 1 of 1