Pit Bull Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bully Sticks

Go down 
+2
SchismaticKennels
lovemygottibabies
6 posters
AuthorMessage
lovemygottibabies

lovemygottibabies

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2007-05-24

Bully Sticks Empty
PostSubject: Bully Sticks   Bully Sticks Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2007 12:24 am

Does anyone buy these for their dogs? Just the thought of what it is grosses me out...and I've heard others say that they smell pretty bad. On the other hand, I guess they are pretty good for chewing.

Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
SchismaticKennels

SchismaticKennels

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2007-03-05

Bully Sticks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bully Sticks   Bully Sticks Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2007 11:50 am

Never heard of them.
Back to top Go down
mindovermatter

mindovermatter

Female Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2007-03-06

Bully Sticks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bully Sticks   Bully Sticks Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2007 7:28 pm

well .. My dogs love them to chew on and they don't really last that long for an APBT but they love them just the same.. i have never noticed them smelling bad at all.
Back to top Go down
lovemygottibabies

lovemygottibabies

Bully Sticks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bully Sticks   Bully Sticks Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2007 12:47 am

Someone had also said that it would depend on where you got them if they smelled or not. I dont know, my girl can usually distroy any toy within a day, if not hours. The only toy she still has is a large kong, and even that has the top pretty messed up. I dont want to waste money if it will only last an hour or two.

Thanks for your response mindovermatter.
Back to top Go down
nagbehr

nagbehr

Female Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Bully Sticks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bully Sticks   Bully Sticks Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2007 1:10 am

I've never gotten the bully sticks but I've seen them.

I was worried they'd get all gooey like rawhide does. Not only does it stick to the carpet but my pups try to swallow big pieces, and I'm afraid they are going to choke. Anyone else have this problem with rawhide ?

I'm wondering if Bully sticks do the same thing ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/megandwade
Dunlap
Site Owner
Site Owner
Dunlap

Male Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2007-03-04

Bully Sticks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bully Sticks   Bully Sticks Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2007 1:17 am

I just give my dogs cow leg bones. They are huge and last forever...I get em' from my brother's place when a cow dies Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.pitbull-family.com
nagbehr

nagbehr

Bully Sticks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bully Sticks   Bully Sticks Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2007 1:38 am

Oh, you know what I've found that is good are filled bones.

They have flavored fillings like peanut butter, BBQ.... My dogs just chew at them forever! It's the only thing I've found that really lasts, doesn't splinter/break, and doesn't smell. You can get them at PetSmart, and I've seen them at Shop'n'Save.

It's so hard finding them good safe dog chews. Sad
Back to top Go down
lovemygottibabies

lovemygottibabies

Bully Sticks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bully Sticks   Bully Sticks Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2007 5:04 pm

Dunlap wrote:
I just give my dogs cow leg bones. They are huge and last forever...I get em' from my brother's place when a cow dies Wink

We've bought out dogs 2 flavored cow bones. Pretty big part, and they literally destroyed them. Broke the bone itself down to tiny pieces we had to throw away.

Bully Sticks P5200124

Its like they can destroy anything!
Back to top Go down
Dunlap
Site Owner
Site Owner
Dunlap

Bully Sticks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bully Sticks   Bully Sticks Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 4:27 am

lovemygottibabies wrote:
Dunlap wrote:

We've bought out dogs 2 flavored cow bones. Pretty big part, and they literally destroyed them. Broke the bone itself down to tiny pieces we had to throw away.

Bully Sticks P5200124

Its like they can destroy anything!

You've got to get the ones that havent been "messed with" lol. We'll drag a dead cow or bull out to the back of the pasture and let the buzzards pick em' clean. About 2 1/2 months later it will be nothing but clean bones and a little hide. I'll get the big leg bones, clean em' up real good, leave them out to get sun bleached a little better and then I have the perfect bones lol. My dogs destroy everything including their houses but these bones seem to last forever.
Back to top Go down
nagbehr

nagbehr

Bully Sticks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bully Sticks   Bully Sticks Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 4:31 am

Dunlap wrote:

You've got to get the ones that havent been "messed with" lol. We'll drag a dead cow or bull out to the back of the pasture and let the buzzards pick em' clean. About 2 1/2 months later it will be nothing but clean bones and a little hide. I'll get the big leg bones, clean em' up real good, leave them out to get sun bleached a little better and then I have the perfect bones lol. My dogs destroy everything including their houses but these bones seem to last forever.

You should start packaging those bones and sell them! Smile

Well, I guess it depends on how often a cow dies.. but yeah... I have a hard time finding bones that last too! Even those mammoth bones don't last my kids very long.
Back to top Go down
Dunlap
Site Owner
Site Owner
Dunlap

Bully Sticks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bully Sticks   Bully Sticks Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 4:47 am

nagbehr wrote:
Dunlap wrote:

You should start packaging those bones and sell them! Smile

Well, I guess it depends on how often a cow dies.. but yeah... I have a hard time finding bones that last too! Even those mammoth bones don't last my kids very long.

I guess I could sell them but I'm greedy lol. I get them from my brother's place...he might have one MAYBE 2 cows die each year, it'd be better if none died. But the cayotes are bad about getting after them as well as killing calves pretty often. I'm in the country and there are tons of people with cows around here...I'm sure I could get a years supply for about fifty dogs in a day. Infact, a cow had to be shot because of an infection (couldnt sell her at the sale barn like she was) in her eye about 3 months ago so i gotta take me a tractor ride to the "bone yard" lol.
Back to top Go down
SchismaticKennels

SchismaticKennels

Bully Sticks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bully Sticks   Bully Sticks Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 11:32 am

dang Josh..yea I need some of those, you think if I stop around at some local yards, they will save them for me? lol

Ok yea probably not, we need more people like you're brother.
Back to top Go down
lovemygottibabies

lovemygottibabies

Bully Sticks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bully Sticks   Bully Sticks Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 5:58 pm

Hmmm....considering my dad runs a feed yard...but, there is no where here to let birds pick em clean. Besides, I dont have the stomach for that. I'll stick to the store bought ones.

Speaking of houses though, our guys broke a huge hole in the bottom of their dog house....does anyone have a dog house their dogs havent ruined?
Back to top Go down
SchismaticKennels

SchismaticKennels

Bully Sticks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bully Sticks   Bully Sticks Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 7:53 pm

Yep we use the round blue barrells..all you gotta do is cut the door in the barrells. lol

mine don't tear those up or destroy them for some reason. but everything else gets completely demolished.
Back to top Go down
nnnbullies

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2007-03-10

Bully Sticks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bully Sticks   Bully Sticks Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2007 3:07 am

get them raw don't get them cooked

go to a butchers and tell them you want a femur bone.
they usually charge like 89. cents a lb they weight like 5- 7 lbs lol
or my butchers cuts them up into like inch long peices i give my dogs 2 a day htey love em
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bully Sticks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bully Sticks   Bully Sticks Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bully Sticks
Page 1 of 1