Pit Bull Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

chain setup

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jamesraymond
3x

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2007-03-04

chain setup Empty
PostSubject: chain setup   chain setup Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2007 4:05 pm

What would be a good chain set up to get for the spring time and summer.

What items would I need and where would it be cheaper to get the setup at?

Like would it be cheaper at a home depot or hardware store or would it be cheaper at a petstore
Back to top Go down
jamesraymond
3x

Number of posts : 98

chain setup Empty
PostSubject: Re: chain setup   chain setup Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2007 4:06 pm

I also need to find a good collar she can not slip out of while on the chain
Back to top Go down
Dunlap
Site Owner
Site Owner
Dunlap

Male Number of posts : 1083

chain setup Empty
PostSubject: Re: chain setup   chain setup Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2007 5:20 am

Go here and get in contact with him. Just let him know what you are looking for and I can almost guarante you that you wont spend over $50.00 all total. I have never heard a bad thing about him and his equipment looks great. I'm going to be getting quite a few collars from him in the near future.

http://www.stillwaterkennels.com/contact.htm
Back to top Go down
http://www.pitbull-family.com
freekypixie

freekypixie

Female Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2007-03-06

chain setup Empty
PostSubject: Re: chain setup   chain setup Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2007 1:31 am

ok your going to need one of those orange pound into the ground stakes from walmart..... pund them all the way into the ground till about 2 inches down...... you will need 2or 3 d rings.... make sure they will fit the small chain comming from the orange stake as well as the larger chain your attaching it to........ about 10-20 ft of chain..... shop around.... you will probably want the heavier one.but not too heavy about mid range works great i think its 5/8ths..... walmart does sell them in a box for about 20-30 bucks........and a good steel cattle clip... most hardware stores have them......... ok using the d ring attach the stake cain to the heavier chain..... i sometiems find that i need two different sizes here because of the difference in the chains........ then attach the cattle clip wiht a d ring to the ohter end...when im tightening up the d rings i have found if you use a socket wrench to stabalize the d ring (put it through the d ring to keep it from moving around so much) and use a wrench to tighten it down you can get better tork and a tighter closing on the ring..... they do have a tendancy to back off and then your dog can get loose if its not really really torked down.... wala...... one chained dog........ you will also need to be sure you provide a dog house and a shade are for her....even if she is only out for a couple hours while you are gone..... sever weather striks without notice and they will need shelter.......also make sure there is lots and lots of water.... i buy those big tub for parties.... they are maybe 6 inches deep and really big ..... i have found them at the dollar store for like 5 bucks before..........just a suggestion....... hope this helps
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/pentaclepits
Dunlap
Site Owner
Site Owner
Dunlap

Male Number of posts : 1083

chain setup Empty
PostSubject: Re: chain setup   chain setup Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2007 10:01 pm

freekypixie wrote:
ok your going to need one of those orange pound into the ground stakes from walmart..... pund them all the way into the ground till about 2 inches down...... you will need 2or 3 d rings.... make sure they will fit the small chain comming from the orange stake as well as the larger chain your attaching it to........ about 10-20 ft of chain..... shop around.... you will probably want the heavier one.but not too heavy about mid range works great i think its 5/8ths..... walmart does sell them in a box for about 20-30 bucks........and a good steel cattle clip... most hardware stores have them......... ok using the d ring attach the stake cain to the heavier chain..... i sometiems find that i need two different sizes here because of the difference in the chains........ then attach the cattle clip wiht a d ring to the ohter end...when im tightening up the d rings i have found if you use a socket wrench to stabalize the d ring (put it through the d ring to keep it from moving around so much) and use a wrench to tighten it down you can get better tork and a tighter closing on the ring..... they do have a tendancy to back off and then your dog can get loose if its not really really torked down.... wala...... one chained dog........ you will also need to be sure you provide a dog house and a shade are for her....even if she is only out for a couple hours while you are gone..... sever weather striks without notice and they will need shelter.......also make sure there is lots and lots of water.... i buy those big tub for parties.... they are maybe 6 inches deep and really big ..... i have found them at the dollar store for like 5 bucks before..........just a suggestion....... hope this helps

I said pretty much the same thing you just did but on a myspace group... With exception of the chains part. I think he'd be alright with just using one of the heavy duty cable tie outs that wal-mart sells. I've seen people talk bad about the orange stakes but that's what I've used and they work great for me. The main thing to look at is the type of dirt you are putting them into. Here it is solid clay after about 4 inches down so they hold up just fine for me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pitbull-family.com
marty

marty

Number of posts : 65

chain setup Empty
PostSubject: Re: chain setup   chain setup Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2007 12:29 am

Heres the one we use...

chain setup Chain-set-up-new

chain setup Post

Its 1/4" grade #70 chain, no need for anything bigger Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.game-dog.com
Sponsored content

chain setup Empty
PostSubject: Re: chain setup   chain setup Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

chain setup
Page 1 of 1