Pit Bull Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story.

Go down 
+10
Gracie
215pitts
sedaliapridekennels
stonepitkennel
suki
Adrianne
lovemypits
Attila
Dunlap
beemerchef
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
AuthorMessage
beemerchef

Number of posts : 372
Registration date : 2007-05-20

Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: The Oasis of my Soul...   Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 3:51 pm

Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 16 597607373_Yq73o-L

Three Forks, MT

Is it called “Americana”? It is, I just checked the definition. “Materials related to American History, Geography…”. Great weather still holding up, had cooled a bit to make it a pleasant ride, rides…
The Missouri River starts a few miles from here where once the old city now defunct “Gallatin” use to stand, a campground where Lewis and Clark once camped, so much has happened within these spaces, water calling for past Pioneers to settle a while. The city of Gallatin did not make it and a few miles away seemingly has moved to another one, replaced, called now “Three Forks”. “Three Forks” was in a jovial mood for their Rodeo weekend, the locals were spilled out on the sidewalks all day, there was a free lunch, much chatting as always, it kind of felt a bit like a Christmas in the summer. It would be fun if it was the case every day of the year… sure would keep everyone much happier I think.
The Rodeo was in full force with much shooting and riding, Spirit’s moos was up, what more can one ask for on such a beautiful day
More on the Blog…

Be well… Ara & Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com Our Journey under the Stars…
www.theoasisofmysoul.com/zenphoto/ Our new Photo Gallery…[url][/url]
Back to top Go down
beemerchef

PostSubject: Re: Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story.   Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 6:17 pm

Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 16 601226324_CyTNE-L

Fairy Lake, MT

It is not a secret location but rare is the traffic on the seven mile road, a bit bumpy at times, leading to Fairy Lake. High clearance definitely needed. It is magical, it will leave many speechless as “now” is it’s time with square miles after square miles of carpets of wild flowers laid ahead with all colors imaginable. The Lake itself is the prize at the end. Steps leading to it or a longer hike followed by another trail which goes all around it, unfortunately that day busy with “horse” or maybe they were “deer” flies. All the same to me and Spirit who was trying all afternoon to just sit in the water trying to avoid them. Outdoors can be so harsh sometimes, there is seemingly always one element that makes it “difficult” or unpleasant, but the choice is not there for us, we take it all in as it comes.
There is another Blog I have written also previously ahead of this one, it is written for my Friend Tyler who was in a very bad motorcycle accident, one of the most incredible person you will ever meet. I have been asking to join the Blog of her condition and wish her your well thoughts as her road to recovery is going to be a long one. It will mean a lot to her, Family, Friends and to myself… http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/tylerrisk
In case you are wondering, it is free and only takes a few minutes to join… You can find that Blog by hitting “previous” or “archives” within my own.
Be well….
Ara & Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com/zenphoto/ Our new Photo Gallery…
Back to top Go down
beemerchef

PostSubject: Re: Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story.   Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 5:17 pm

Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 16 605214070_GMaSQ-L

A Southern loop. MT

Sometimes we can play hide and seek with the thunderstorms till we finally get cornered and just have to sit still for the hail to melt and the skies to open up. That was the case the other day as finally West Yellowstone had a bench to offer us for a couple hours. Part of being on the road.
But all day I was thinking hard about, I guess I would call it, “today’s trend” of reality shows, one explained in an e mail to me. Frightening it was, sad, staged as I know, seemingly trying to fulfill such desolation maybe so many got through when their own reality is obviously dwindling with the need of experiencing others of a screen instead.
I looked upon our own reality show, a daily occurrence. They are episodes after episodes without needing a channel to be changed and rarely a rerun to put up with. It does not have to be as ours going on for closing in on three years, it could be just a day or a few if one is willing to sense it’s surroundings and feel it all.
This Blog is just one day, so rich with encounters toward people met and their own true Life reality show now being part of ours.
Be well…
Ara & Spirit

Back to top Go down
beemerchef

PostSubject: The Oasis of my Soul...   Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 5:04 pm

Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 16 606961883_K74JY-L

Ron Dakota, MT

6 wheels, 20 legs and a Man that has been on the road for now 26 years. As I stand on the sidelines watching them go by, the contrast from the 80mph moving vehicles and Ron’s three miles per hour forward motion makes me smile, inducing much thinking. I mean truly the first thought is “crazy”… “does not belong here”… or could it be the other way? Of course there is this certain attraction, more than toward us which was nice for a change… I can imagine how many have stopped to inquire. He now hands out a card with his “My Space” page printed on and tells them all the answers are there. Can’t blame him, at three miles per hour much chatting will slow him down to… what is already a crawl. But the Man has not crawled trough Life as his good sense and Spirituality has heightened to a level so few of us will ever reach. Much time to think, none read, just Life as being the perfect example if one slows down a bit and starts putting the pieces of this puzzle we live within together…
We will see him again, he is never too far as his Journey will take him East first and then on South for the winter.
Amazing what one can experience on the road…
Be well…
Ara & Spirit

Back to top Go down
beemerchef

PostSubject: The Oasis of my Soul...   Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 4:11 am

Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 16 609301067_YuoHU-M

Old cars and a Wagon! MT

I was thinking, Spirit has it made not having to work out as Ron Dakota’s horses for a daily 20 miles move pulling 6000lbs. A good thing I have yet to hear a complain from him! It was seeing Ron again today, camped on the side of the road wondering if sometime I could also use those wide shoulders if needed to catch a quick night sleep. Sheriffs passing by are only waving, so it should be agreeable with the Law. It was his Birthday yesterday and we shared some sweet bread for lack of Cake and Ice Cream. 69 years old, 27 years living on the road traveling with the weather as we do.
It was then on to an Antique Car Junkyard a few miles up the road. A candy store for the camera and the mind seeing this array of what was once someone’s pride and joy.
South West Montana seems to be my favorite space out of it all, of course we have not yet visited the Glacier area which is an another 300 miles north.
Enjoy the Blog… many photos this time, hard to sort out the favorites.
Be well…
Ara & Spirit

Back to top Go down
beemerchef

PostSubject: The Oasis of my Soul...   Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 3:19 am

Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 16 612171663_E82Xh-L

Wade and Cliff Lake, MT

The Adventures never stops. I don’t want it to stop. The Lakes, the unpaved roads, there is no better sceneries and feel, the photos will prove it. For the first time after witnessing such beauty I felt as Montana and I, including Spirit, have finally bonded. The southwest corner has so much to offer that in a couple of days we are moving to Ennis to be closer to those spaces that await us. At the same time we witnessed a re-enactment Fair near West Yellowstone where we also found a free out of the way and quiet space for us. Unfortunately “National Recreation Area” are becoming more and more expensive and filled with screams as I often wonder why are they camping here? I would definitely need a vacation from their vacation.
These are the best times around here even if has been raining a bit more than desired. Lately we have always managed to find shelter. This time it was underneath the tongue of a jacked up semi just laying in the field. A nice roof over our head it was, a spot to definitely remember.
Enjoy the Lakes, the few photos of the Fair… much more we hope to discover before long.

PS: not seen a single dual sport motorcyle for days??? Undiscovered yet?...

Be well… Ara & Spirit

Back to top Go down
beemerchef

PostSubject: Re: Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story.   Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 1:57 pm

Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 16 613995399_yivTx-L

Being part of Society… MT

So bad weather makes me think! Hail as large as golf balls, thunderstorms, winds, you name it. A few days in the wilderness and back into the mundane circle of errands and this and that also does it often. That is the title after all of my Blog, our Blog I should say, “The Oasis of my Soul”. The wheels might stop rolling for a couple days, but the mind never does and the keyboard always helps… It helps me. It is all part of the Journey as I often read others and yet still never know who they are. It was never my intend of so many to read these thoughts, but it happens, and the bright side of it all are the many new Friends we have along our routes even if never the same. Many Friends we have yet to meet hoping we will some day. Maybe a big reunion in Texas!
We have moved on Base Camp to Ennis for now, this southwestern part of Montana just needed to be closer to us. For the first time I have a “photo assignment”, for a Real Estate Company that wants to show the area to potential clients. As she said… I would be taking the photos anyhow! A couple portraits also, I am just not that good in the business world. Yes, I would have taken those photos anyhow, but… I could charge for their usage, right? Anyhow…
It is just like I wrote in the Blog…
Be well…
Ara & Spirit

Back to top Go down
beemerchef

PostSubject: Re: Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story.   Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 3:58 am

Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 16 616521482_VNL8H-L

Virginia and Nevada City, MT

Well, if you are into “live” Ghost Towns, totally refurbished as new as “old and authentic“, these two little Towns take the Big Prize home. Structure after structure, dwellings after dwellings, even a running train, Museums, you name it, mixed with the authentic smell of Pizza and the sights of modern Art, we had quite a day. It was much more and “more” than what I could ever take in again. Of course, no offense, it is just a matter of taste and many other pasts visits to similar spaces made this day into a true “déjà vu“. As a local from a near by town said “I come and visit once a year, spend my money and I am done”. Maybe we should have chosen a weekday to visit as the mob scene was intense and Spirit as usual was on the center ring, quite often myself watching from a distance, a safe distance that is.
Ennis, in counterpart, is a great place to be, a great central location for the many trails awaiting for us, such as Gravelly Range Rd, Southside Centennial Rd and so many others I am looking forward for us to get lost within.
Enjoy the Ghost Towns… we really did!
Be well…
Ara & Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com/zenphoto/ Our new Photo Gallery… http://theoasisofmysoul.com/
Back to top Go down
beemerchef

PostSubject: Re: Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story.   Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 10:03 pm

Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 16 619491773_3v2Ui-L-1

The Trails of Friendship, MT

The trails here are endless as again, as in all areas we have dug short term roots, we will leave here soon with so many non ridden, which only means, we will have to come back. This year I have been told has been lucky as with much rain all is green and the flowers as most places visited are endless carpets of colors. I am always surprised, and totally content I must say, with the lack of traffic or even not a single motorcycle! I guess most riders must like crowded trails as these are totally off the beaten track and yet, easily accessible from a main road.
I call it my “Friendship” with “Mother Nature” and I took the opportunity in this Blog’s Chapter to also, well, mainly write about a Friendship developing which means, having company at “The Oasis” when we reach Texas. We will be sharing our Space, lending a hand as many have to us, the stage will be the same, it is almost as I want to call the upcoming future moments of Life “the sequel”!
All is well here, it is a rugged State, everyone I feel is working hard on their land to get ready for the upcoming winter with no time to waste. It is amazing how each State can be so different from one another…
Enjoy… and be well.

Ara & Spirit

Back to top Go down
beemerchef

PostSubject: Re: Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story.   Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 2:10 am

Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 16 621603642_gvkTj-L

Pony, Montana

Sometimes one cannot truly feel it’s surroundings by only looking. I might change my going around direction by reading a bit before hand about the places visited and ridden to. This was the case in Pony, MT, not far from here, Ennis. Was it the cold, 30 degrees that morning, was it the previous ride into Virginia City and Nevada City which left me a bit overwhelmed? Who knows… but we will be going back to witness a bit more of past History I was not aware of, as I did not fully experienced the little unassuming old Mining Town.
Besides this little ride, a great visit from our Friends from Lander, WY, KC and Mia… I kind of want to call them “KC and the Sunshine Band!”. A great dinner again by Teri as it seems my own cooking, well… need a ride to Bozeman as the only local Grocery Store’s prices are as we were joking about it this morning, about $3 an egg!!!
The weather… the rains and the storms are just not slowing down. Every chance we have of sunshine we will be out with no doubt riding the so many roads around as time is passing by so fast.
Enjoy Pony, it is worth the visit.
Be well…
Ara & Spirit

Back to top Go down
beemerchef

PostSubject: The Oasis of my Soul...   Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 2:43 am

Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 16 624721512_v4PGU-L

A Beautiful Earth, MT

Gravelly Range Road, a Treasure of a road. As many areas we encounter, at times I am told to keep it for myself. But this is all about sharing… Just as a ribbon with no end the road goes on forever, the horizons are immense, this is after all Montana. Surprises are of many along the road, they are not motorcycles as we only came across one car all day, but a sheepherder from Chile that resides at 9400 feet with his herd of 1200 sheep and 8 dogs. Where else could this happen?… Lunch and much conversation even though we do not speak the same language. No need for it, there is a Universal language that is so much more powerful when it comes from the Heart. Spirit however was not too fond of his new buddies trying to get into “his” car… I think he is becoming a bit grouchy when it comes to sharing.
Another surprise was a family of three on a bicycle, father, mother (a teacher) and their 8 year old son. Now that kid has to be a happy one as they are planning to go around the World.
A foggy morning on the Madison River, weather warming up, every day is been just this great day being so fortunate to live it and appreciate this beautiful Earth of ours.
More on the Blog…
Be well… always.
Ara & Spirit

Back to top Go down
beemerchef

PostSubject: The Oasis of my Soul...   Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 8:33 pm

Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 16 628867201_BjRx2-O

More wandering at the “Rusty Cowboy” and Gravelly Range Rd. MT

Time escapes us often, even with the days still lingering with great light in the late hours. Fun was photographing the space we are camping at, for the past I think couple weeks. “The Rusty Cowboy”owned by Teri who has become a Dear Friend of ours, a Friend we will miss soon as we will be leaving in a few days. And then, again we went on wandering to no end on Gravelly Range Road, a road, an area and a space that does not stop calling us. I wonder how many have truly ever even heard of it, driven it or ridden it. I don’t think anyone has from the lack of vehicles seen throughout the days passed. The road itself, very well maintained in most places, is not of a challenge per say, but the space is, as feeling passed a certain invisible marker being into another dimension so far away from civilization. It is as it was, the real stage as Mother Nature intended. Reminds me so much being at “The Oasis” in Texas, with even more remoteness.
Enjoy the couple Blogs posted including the photos, it is the essence of “Montana”.

Be well… always.

Ara & Spirit

Back to top Go down
beemerchef

PostSubject: The Oasis of my Soul...   Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 3:54 pm

Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 16 631465413_4JoGw-O

Bannack, MT

Finally a real Ghost Town visited just in time as we will be moving on in a couple of days. So many photos that it is going to take a couple Blogs to post most of them. Wandering slow, versus the usual many travelers “warp speed” with mileage in mind more than anything else, we also met up this time with a family of six bicycling the country. “6”! I was thinking about all the meals, the camping gear, the showers, the logistics which must be by themselves just incredible. We also had a long stop over in Dillon admiring the Old Hotel and right across, the new “graffiti”. A contrast in itself.
But the big prize is Bannack. Turned into a State Park where dogs are allowed everywhere, quiet and peaceful with even I was told, the sights of Ghosts at night.
The Badlands will be our next stop before heading south, hopefully to cool weather… we sure don’t want Mr. Spirit to be uncomfortable!
Enjoy the Town…
Be well…
Ara & Spirit

Back to top Go down
beemerchef

PostSubject: Re: Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story.   Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 10:39 pm

Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 16 633630339_zgyTW-O

Good Bye Montana, more of Bannack

This State grew on us, it helped me straighten up a bit, understand better what Life is all about under a different light. Odd thoughts one might think. Not to me truly, as the land within every space has it’s own character and personality and gives back what one puts in. Exception being the Freeways! We bonded it seems only yesterday and already it is time for us to leave, only meaning we will come back. It is the beauty of this vast Country, knowing that a Lifetime will never be long enough to see it all, even less, feel it all. It is so fine, it is a thought that will never occur, meaning asking myself “now what?”. It just cannot happen.
I finally posted all the Photos of Bannack, the incredible well taken care of Ghost Town, the quiet one that allows a real walk through of it, and also another real “food find”… The Taco Bus in Dillon. Can’t miss it, you don’t want to miss it. Of course now, none will be up to their standard and Dillon is not on our way for a last real invigorating meal. Well, if we left now we could be there in about one hour… 71 miles. We have ridden much longer for a good meal!
Enjoy…
Be well as always.
Ara & Spirit

Back to top Go down
beemerchef

PostSubject: The Oasis of my Soul...   Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 2:26 am

Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 16 636600128_ZeTwR-L

The Dream? MT

I am aware of being a book of complex nature, aren’t we all? No soldered board that could ever match our own elaborate circuitry. Valleys and peaks are put down in words, sometimes “someone” would like me to change those ways. Some understand, some don’t, the comments differ, either way my path has been created, subject to change, but not today.
We have left Ennis, already planning to come back next year, so many roads, such vistas still unseen. It has been quite an experience moving on to this State as slowly building the foundations of a strong relationship with it’s rugged and yet inviting space.
We are headed East, for finally our descent South which makes me feel as the one of this airplane after a long flight. Ron Dakotah should be on our path tomorrow with the hopes that we can again camp together. He has only gone 300 miles or so since we parted, it has to be the ultimate Journey…
Some photos of West Fork Road, another one to again try to experience with some day better weather. Life goes on!!!
Be well… always.
Ara & Spirit

Back to top Go down
beemerchef

PostSubject: Re: Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story.   Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 3:03 pm

Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 16 641947321_3QrKA-O

Could Life just be a big “Quote”, SD

Every little town we pass by is a turn around. A structure here, an odd display of man made accoutrements designed to attract the attention, all works for us. The imagination of so many are indispensable, it is what makes “Americana”, it is what creates the smiles while running down mainly the back roads from point to point when time is not much of an issue. The Artists of the road are of many, their original thoughts maybe have not been of creating Art, only to get the attention needed to swell their businesses, but I see it as a free form of Art. So was the case stopping at the “Stoneville Saloon” in Alzada, how can one not. The same when in Deadwood to check out Kevin Costner’s memorabilia in his Casino called “The Midnight Star”, a bit more crowded arena that I care for, but worth the detour through Spearfish Canyon, a beautiful riding road adorned with waterfalls worthy of their hike. None of this ever stops, one mile at the time we cover the spaces that presents themselves ahead of us enjoying their moments and vision offered incessantly.
Enjoy the Blog…
Be well, always.
Ara & Spirit

Back to top Go down
beemerchef

PostSubject: The Oasis of my Soul...   Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 1:47 pm

Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 16 644022885_yc6Y4-O

In Broadus. MT

If every little town was such as Broadus, it would take a few Lifetimes to travel through this Country, stopping and spending the hours contemplating all that is now laid out. I must have developed an inquisitive mind, I always seem to manage to meet the “main” local personality, not in the sense of his “power” in town, but in his/her accomplishment within the community.
In Broadus it has been Doug. An old theatre which at one time had only three rows of seats, now settled for a larger audience, with a gym on stage, a Pizza parlor and more…
We will be leaving headed south in a day or two, it is that time before we get caught in this weather that is now beautiful but showing it’s Fall imprint. And I was wondering how many such as Broadus are lining up our route between here and Texas?
It is beautiful Country here, up in the Black Hills, it reminds me a bit of the Blue Ridge Parkway, if only there were less Casinos and structures lining up the shoulders all along. I see it as quite an irony when a Century past adorns it’s Sacred Grounds with another path no so Sacred.
More on the Blog…

Be well, always.

Ara & Spirit

Back to top Go down
beemerchef

PostSubject: Re: Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story.   Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 1:09 pm

Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 16 647007433_wh3Qi-L

Devil’s Tower… Badlands… WY./SD.

Anomaly could be Devil’s Tower! I could not keep my eyes off of it as many around us, including watching the climbers reach the top and going over the final ledge. A strange fact, climbers are allowed to the top but dogs are not around the 1.3 mile path that circles the Tower. Has anyone gone to the top lately and check on the waste left by the climbers?… no offense but… We all know what is happening with Mt Everest.
Another great ride included the Badlands, 240,000 acres of a fingerprint left by Mother Nature, maybe not unlike other geological ones as it even reminded me of some of the foothills in Big Bend, but vast enough to blend with and be transported as in another space.
Today there are clouds and rain, we are not leaving here till Monday morning, the forecast is of the same till then. The Custer Park’s photos might have to wait till next year, we rode it, but again the weather was not conductive for the camera. I call it the “spaghetti” road! No downpour, just cold steady drops covered with steady gray clouds! That kind…
Till next time…
Be well…
Ara & Spirit

Back to top Go down
beemerchef

PostSubject: The Oasis of my Soul...   Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 7:33 pm

Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 16 650764076_ejooX-O

Scenic, that is the Town of… SD

We should all practice wrong turns, getting lost without a watch, only the sun throughout the days and the stars at night guiding us throughout the back country so opulent here. Forget schedules, routes, you will find so much more richness around you and the unexpected. That is the way we stumbled on “Scenic”, this little almost Ghost Town which took most of the afternoon to walk through and play with the camera. So much History here and even more than History in this part of the country, it is the way how everyone lived. The shootings, the much drinking, prevalent jails everywhere, long horse rides for passing on the news, ancient by then when they arrived to their destinations, so much seems to have changed, maybe however not all.
We are still headed south, the temps near by Denver are already on the warmer side, the days are shorter, fall is here almost, winter will not be long, I like the cold!!!
It won’t be long at all… I can taste my vision and hear Spirit again running free, his eyes always locked on me, must be “Love” I think… as my own eyes and ears also are locked on him. Build a fire within minutes of our arrival… those are all my thoughts for the day.
Be well… always.
Ara & Spirit

Back to top Go down
beemerchef

PostSubject: Re: Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story.   Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 2:30 am

Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 16 654060078_tnAp8-O

Garden of the Gods, Co.

It is not Valley of the Gods, barely over 400 acres, however it stands as a pleasant, free, and dog friendly Park near by Colorado City. Give me dog friendly anytime and you have a winner. We have left the crowded spaces of Denver, We are dropping fast through Amarillo and in my mind I can already smell the flavors of the BBQ at City Market in Lubbock. Not a detour, our true route, a grand entrance back to Texas. We had BBQ a couple night ago, a resemblance of it… not a very bright idea to order BBQ in Colorado. Truly, how distasteful. If I remember well there was more than City Market around Lubbock, maybe someone here can remind me of the two other establishments worthy of stopping.
We enjoyed Garden of the Gods, one needs to get there early, the crowd even off season can be overwhelming and the roads are narrow and tight with not that many parking spaces. It is as being within a mini Valley of the Gods, some thoughts about Utah came back to mind, thoughts that will have to wait till next April, the last weekend of it when again the balloons will fly…
In the meantime, be well… always.
Ara & Spirit

Back to top Go down
beemerchef

PostSubject: Re: Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story.   Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 1:13 am

Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 16 657543114_rE7qk-O

Almost there… TX

Do I feel being there yet? Not yet… Northern Texas is just not the same, even if knowing we are only about 300 miles or so away from “The Oasis”. A very big “faux pas”… Looking for “City Market” here in Lubbock when it is in Lulling! My hopes for great BBQ have suddenly vanished as it will be a while till we adventure ourselves toward Eastern Texas. I am thinking, with the fire pits and pecan wood awaiting, it is grand time for me to learn and make my own. After over 40 years of cooking I feel as I should be able to comprehend and put into form one of my favorite fares. “Pork BBQ”.
In the meantime, a few stops here and there, little towns so desolate one can wonder how long they will stay on the map, old cars, even the small town of Slaton is quiet and the Bakery visited last year does not seem as it is offering anything too remotely exciting..
I feel and so ready for quiet. It has been the Urban noises these past few days, we have had our fill of it. Anticipation, never thought I would be so attached to such Land!
Be well…
Ara & Spirit

Back to top Go down
beemerchef

PostSubject: Re: Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story.   Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 3:23 am

Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 16 660252733_fRbgV-L-1

The Windmills of Lubbock, TX

I felt myself being caught in a giant windmill these past days! Stopping over through the big cities (anything over population 500), at the mercy of a world getting noisier by the day, the moving boom boxes, the trucks and cars exhausts reaching jet engine decibels, a foreign English language glad that Spirit does not understand it, last minute errands as to avoid the 130 mile round trips to Alpine which is the closest decent center for supplies, all concentrated over a few days for the first time allowed within me a stress level unknown for a long time. All is past now however as we have safely reached “The Oasis” where time stops and whispers are enough to communicate with “Two Feathers” and “Spirit”.
Lubbock’s “Windmill Museum” was however worth the visit as it was last year. Seeing the World’s largest mural depicting the History of Windmills almost completed was a feast to the eyes covering over 5000 square feet. A few projects here are awaiting, being 3 is half as much more as being two… no dwellings, only thinking about more water and more fire!
Enjoy the Windmill and mural photos on the Blog…
Be well…
Ara & Spirit

Back to top Go down
beemerchef

PostSubject: The Oasis of my Soul...   Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 2:46 am

Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 16 663184024_SswNb-L

Dreams and Reality at “The Oasis”, TX

So stuff is starting to accumulate I just realized. How did this happen I started wondering yesterday as photos do not lie. Can I say “it is all her stuff?”. Not too fair as a lot of it is also mine, I just don’t know how it made it’s way into this Space of ours. So this is what we are dealing with right now, even if the weather has been the hottest ever while here. Tomorrow we are taking our first ride into Terlingua, I think I will see some changes most likely, nice ones I am sure.
In the meantime my summer dreams and fall reality have made contact giving me, us, much to think about, all good, different, a positive change toward a path where Space is now shared with much Friendship and respect.
The first steps are ones I have written about on the Blog with some photos right here, 360 degree views… Why would we want to go anywhere!
Enjoy and Thank You for all your kind “Welcome Home” words… Texas style…
Be well…
Ara & Spirit

Back to top Go down
beemerchef

PostSubject: The Oasis of my Soul...   Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 8:37 pm

Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 16 666483928_sCHmF-M

Hanging out as a Tour Guide, TX

This will be the fourth winter we set up base camp here at “The Oasis”. Hard to believe. And every year there is an apprehension that comes over me as… “what are we now going to do? I think we have seen it all…”
And every year I realize we will leave with more unseen and non experienced spaces. Over a 1000 miles of roads to explore outside the Park with constantly changing sceneries as the land of my Friend Ryan we stopped by last evening coming back here, through again different roads. We also managed to ride into Terlingua in the heat of noon as being the only souls and vehicle around. We were not smart enough, yet anyhow, to avoid the 106 degree temperature awaiting for us. The little town has not changed much, if any, as already familiar faces were present, my first thought of course being how did they survive the summer showing sustained temperatures of 136 degrees. A bit warm I would say for anyone. It is rugged country, raw and non forgiving unless obeying the rules, Mother Nature’s rules. Great time now and ahead.
Be well…
Ara & Spirit

Back to top Go down
beemerchef

PostSubject: The Oasis of my Soul...   Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 10:27 pm

Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 16 669625870_MNiih-L

Front row seat at “The Oasis”, TX

There has not been a square inch of space that has ever matched the beauty served on “The Oasis” throughout our summer travels. Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Utah, they all contained their own so generously shared throughout our riding that never ceased, but the Spirituality of my Life is here adding so much that daily the astonishment does not cease. As even this morning watching a full Moon going over the Horizon and one step turning around watching the Sun rise all at the same time. The incessant patterns of clouds being drawn so delicately enhancing the senses, some fog on the distant hills rolling away awaiting a further time of the day to uncover it all. It is just plainly Magic that takes away even the remote thought of other parts of this Earth we are on. It feels as we have settled already a bit here and time has arrived to go on our daily and overnight rides exploring this vast Arena we left behind for a few months. Unusual rains and heat has been present, today it feels as we have been given back the ancient pattern of pleasantness which should last for months to come.
We had a front row seat a couple nights ago and I am so happy to be able to share it.
Be well…
Ara & Spirit

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story.   Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 16 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story.
Page 16 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next