Pit Bull Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story.

Go down 
+10
Gracie
215pitts
sedaliapridekennels
stonepitkennel
suki
Adrianne
lovemypits
Attila
Dunlap
beemerchef
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
beemerchef

Number of posts : 372
Registration date : 2007-05-20

Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Piedras Negras, MX   Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 5:07 pm

Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 6 236854963-M

Piedras Negras, Mx

As usual we have not kept our word regarding the taken route and are now parked in Luling, Texas. Slowly going East… confronting civilization, loosing ground on the open spaces… deserts… canyons.
We are visiting a friend, Donna, who is also a motorcyclist. This is the start of her own Journey and it has been interesting to watch how others handle the many daily situations that arise.
She researches everything much more than I do. In less than 24 hours I have already found out about “things” I did not know… I have a simpler approach to it all… there is no right or wrong as long as we all remain safe on our path.
A short visit to Piedras Negras on the Blog… wishing I had some of those Tacos today again for breakfast! I will need to start making my own…
San Antonio is near by… we have been thinking about seeing the lights at the River Walk at night, would be for a cold ride back but we both have heated gear.
Enjoy the pictures… lots of them today!!!
You be well… as always.
Ara & Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com our website and Blog…

Made by us on the road while traveling… “Spirited Doggie Treats” and “Art Cards”… put Spirit to work…
Back to top Go down
beemerchef

PostSubject: a bit of San Antonio, Tx   Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 2:04 pm

Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 6 237726758-L

A bit of San Antonio, Tx

Another last day of the Year! Our second New Year on the road, in Texas as the last one! Quiet here, but no so quiet when we went to San Antonio for the afternoon with a friend of ours, Donna.
No picture taking allowed inside the Alamo, have no clue as to why… yet. Still, it was interesting and so was the River Walk packed with tourists… night and day situation considering the time we have spend in the Desert. The rehabilitation is hard, I will not hide that fact, on the both of us.
You all have a Happy New Year, wishing you a prosperous and healthy one to come, many more actually… It is always a good time to figure out where we are going and how we are getting there, maybe there is a better way… a better path?
Enjoy the Blog… the last one this year!

Be well… Ara & Spirit

Made by us on the road while traveling… “Spirited Doggie Treats” and “Art Cards”… put Spirit to work…
Back to top Go down
beemerchef

PostSubject: And a Happy New Year... Tx   Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 1:22 pm

Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 6 238278835-L

And a Happy New Year… Tx

Just Spirit and I celebrating, what better company. He was actually asleep by the time midnight rolled on… food, play, sleep and keeping an eye, most of the time both, on me, are his fulfillments in life. Don’t we wish sometimes…
28 degrees this morning, nice and warm and cozy… just relaxing in the Texas countryside before moving on to Louisiana soon, I don’t really know how soon! I know that we are 400 miles from Baton Rouge and then on another 550 miles to Atlanta… I have already checked out the mileage back to Moab, 1700 miles! With the price of fuel this might be our last chance on the East Coast for a while.
I hope that you all had a great New Year’s Eve. Downtown San Antonio was truly a fun place to be for that evening, specially around the Alamo with the lighted Carriages and also by the River Walk, the actual festivities with bands and much crowd was happening a couple blocks away.
Wishing you all a great prosperous and healthy 2008...
Be well… Ara & Spirit

Back to top Go down
beemerchef

PostSubject: who said BBQ? Tx   Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 2:42 pm

Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 6 239328924-L

Who said BBQ? Texas

Our last day here in Luling before moving on to Booth (southwest of Houston) tomorrow for a few days. We are having a get together on Sunday… come and join us… Let us know as we will be also cooking… bring your dog… you bike… your car… Carl and Collete are the hosts and it has been real nice for them to put this together.
“WE” discovered real Texas BBQ yesterday… I am so tempted to go back today for some more of those ribs! I get the meat… Spirit gets the bones! It was quite a kitchen with smoked walls, a real hard hat area. I forgot who recommended the place, City Market, but “thank you”… my Dr will love you too…
A few more pictures of our New Year’s Eve outing in San Antonio… and that fills the Blog today!
Till next time, from Houston… you all be well.
Ara & Spirit

Back to top Go down
beemerchef

PostSubject: a gathering in Booth, Texas   Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 12:56 pm

Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 6 240560880-L

A gathering in Booth, Tx

It was a fine day, with fine people and… I think fine food… some days are like that! Just fine!!! The weather cooperated, the spirits where jovial and even though some did not show up… excuses… excuses… it was a good turn out.
Tying up some loose ends these coming days, tires, presriptions, going over the route planning, you name it! Highway 10 might be our only option to Louisiana… hard to believe that we are actually leaving the State of Texas!
Spirit has been having a blast being off the leash these past couple days, his eyes, leash or not, fixated on me, he does not leave my sight… finally it is happening as it did to my previous dogs… love and patience, that is all it takes. I know what some of you are thinking… I will add that the leash will be back on as we leave here.
Till next time… you all be well…
Ara & Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com our web site and Blog…

Back to top Go down
beemerchef

PostSubject: Spirit... the Clown, Tx   Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 3:33 pm

Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 6 241522728-M

Spirit… the Clown! Tx

Pits have an incredible amount of energy to spend everyday, being here has proved it. They are Clowns that love the attention while running… falling… faking moves… Spirit puts up a daily show for us. We will miss this place, him as much as myself, as we will leave tomorrow very early trying to avoid Houston’s traffic on our way to Baton Rouge, Mississippi and finally Atlanta where we should arrive by next Thursday… Schedule! Something foreign for us… we are trying to stay on top of it.
Internet problems have finally been fixed, suck lack of knowledge by Alltel sales people have really made this an expensive repair as damage was done… we never stop learning!
Till next time on the road, you be well… more on the Blog.

Ara & Spirit

Back to top Go down
lovemypits
Admin
Admin
lovemypits

Female Number of posts : 1708
Registration date : 2007-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story.   Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 5:37 pm

LOL.. what a great shot of Spirit !!!
Back to top Go down
beemerchef

PostSubject: Busy... busy... LA/MS   Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 5:13 pm

Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 6 242423942-L

Busy… Busy, LA/MS

It is going to take us all day to catch up… making some Treats… printing some Art Cards and getting ready for our last stretch to Atlanta. Moving makes life busy. The George Ranch we visited near Booth, Tx, a couple times these past days was a worth outing for sure, yesterday’s ride with the Louisiana Dual Sport Rider also was a great event and now at Walt’s and Paulette’s in Mississippi, well, brings back some memories as this was our first stop when we left to live on the road. The dogs, chickens, ducks, goats are still all here as Spirit also found out.
We are staying in touch as well as we can… it is all on the Blog, most of it anyhow.
Be well… Ara & Spirit

Back to top Go down
beemerchef

PostSubject: Moving on, MS   Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 1:01 am

Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 6 243514562-M

Moving on, MS

We had the best night sleep at a Truck Stop overnight, can’t figure that one out! Do people live at Truck Stops permanently? They sure are enough of them! Would it do for an interesting Blog? Not really I think!
Great weekend riding with the Dual Sport Riders of Louisiana, familiar faces and some new faces, some black top and some primitive roads. We had it all… including some entertainment! Some duck grilling… at Walt’s and Paulette’s
We will be in Birmingham, AL, by the time you read this, and the next time in Atlanta, exactly where we started 15 months ago.
Of course many thoughts are going through my mind…
I will talk about it later, we need to keep rolling East… in the meantime enjoy the pictures on the Blog…

Be well… Ara & Spirit

Back to top Go down
sedaliapridekennels

sedaliapridekennels

Male Number of posts : 932
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story.   Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 1:12 am

hey that picture of spirit looks like he is flipping over
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/sedaliapitbulls
beemerchef

PostSubject: Atlanta, GA   Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 3:38 am

Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 6 244506718-L

Snow last night in Atlanta. We are camped out in Powder Springs at a friend’s office/construction site, with all the comforts needed. Yes, it is a culture shock being here after so many months “out there” as my thoughts are a bit already fast forwarding to Moab, Utah, our next destination when my mother flies back home in about a month. She will arrive here on Tuesday… we will be at the Airport in the afternoon… I can’t wait to see her, has been a couple years.
We braved the 37 degree temps this afternoon and took a short ride, not that bad really with the help of electric heated gear actually. Found out about the International Motorcycle Show this weekend which we will attend so we can show you the pictures of all the new bikes! Always something. Just posted the last pictures of the George Ranch Homes on the Blog.
Be well…
Ara & Spirit

Back to top Go down
beemerchef

PostSubject: cabin fever? Atlanta...   Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 12:02 pm

Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 6 245126365-L

Cabin fever? Atlanta…

So we rented a car today… I don’t think my 80 year old mother would adventure herself riding in the sidecar… even though I am sure Spirit would be more than a gentleman! Almost headed out for the International Motorcycle show at the Georgia Dome, but, with much snow coming down and freezing forecast, we will wait till tomorrow. Of course it end up raining after the snow and the temps are not as cold as predicted. I guess I wanted to play it safe… relaxed throughout the show without the thought of getting stuck in town. We were suppose to meet some friends there today… there will be another waive of them tomorrow… such is Life!
Spirit shared his sidecar with Scooter yesterday. John’s buddy… and we had a great time taking some pictures. I think we will watch a movie tonight… it has been really nice to relax… and reminisce about the past… looking forward to the future… enjoying the present.
Be well… Ara & Spirit

Back to top Go down
beemerchef

PostSubject: The Atlanta Cycle show...   Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 11:48 am

Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 6 245907731-L

The Atlanta Cycle Show…

The Show?… well, I liked it as for the first time I saw this kind of show under a different light. Some Art, some function and purpose. Maybe because I have never been prejudiced toward two wheels… and maybe because our own rig has turned into more of a great tool than anything else… Old ones, new ones, restoration and much Art with the custom choppers… hard to believe that one can actually ride them.
My Mother arrived today… it was Airport time with an hour delay, but who does not like people watching! So keep checking the Blog as I keep on writing but might not have as much time posting on here. She is doing great for 80, I hope I am in such great shape when and if I ever get there. Oh! Dr’s check up today… complete stress test… Cardiologist… good to go for a while longer he said.
He is one of the best in the Country, a great Human Being, he knows of our Blog and the fact that I do not have Health Insurance, he never charges me… what a contribution!
Be well… Ara & Spirit

Back to top Go down
beemerchef

PostSubject: Mother in Atlanta...   Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 12:56 am

Mother in Atlanta…
Bitter cold, feels like 16, no sunrises and no sunsets… much traffic and everyone is on the cell phone! How Life has changed…
Spirit feels restricted, from car to hotel room to some dirty off color and littered resemblance of greenery. I am sure we would have gone to some Parks if the weather would have cooperated a bit more. This is our last day in ATL before Tybee Island which I am really looking forward to, till the 20th of February.
Some more pictures of the Motorcycle Show… not much else going on besides lengthy conversations with my mother solving Life’s dilemmas…
Four years ago tomorrow, Lance struggled with his last day amongst us. This time I will not be alone and my mother will not be alone either. We will hold each other up… we will make it through the day as he will also be with us.
For those wondering… this has always been our Life story… sometimes most everything else takes a back seat.
You be well… Love your Children.
Ara & Spirit

Made by us on the road while traveling… “Spirited Doggie Treats” and “Art Cards”… put Spirit to work…Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 6 247255141-M
Back to top Go down
beemerchef

PostSubject: Arriving, Tybee Island, GA   Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 11:13 am

Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 6 248269244-L

Arriving, Tybee Island, GA
Spirit and I rode a bit yesterday on the Island, dog owners… beware as they do not allow them on the beach, truly a disappointment. The fine is $200+… will deal with that situation.
And of course I will accept my mother anyway she comes!… as she disagrees with my Lifestyle, Path, Journey… you name it! But that is nothing new… I am just trying for her to use the word “could” instead of “should”!!! We are picking up a car today, even though, just one time I wish she would sit in the sidecar. That is not going to happen.
The skies have turned blue, uplifting for sure. This is not the “Lost Coast of California”, but it does has its own charm and Savannah I know has much history of its own. We will visit other Islands also… she is following my plans as long as she is well fed and gets some rest as she is still having a hard time dealing with the six hours time change.
You be well… enjoy your day.
Ara & Spirit

Back to top Go down
beemerchef

PostSubject: A ride through Savannah, GA   Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 2:50 pm

Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 6 249046783-L

A ride through Savannah, GA

Yes, this is a real Police Station and the Chief of Police Parking spot… but he never showed up for the few minutes it took us to take some pictures. It was the only available parking space, I would have explained.
Beautiful day yesterday, gave Spirit a chance to play in the big dog run, much needed exercise as today and tomorrow the forecast is rain.
It is quiet here, getting caught up on the laundry, rearranging one more cabinet, bake some Treats and print some Art Cards for my mother who wants to send some to her friends… a good customer I have here!!!
Enjoy the pictures, there will be more as we are settling in nicely being off season right now.
Be well… Ara & Spirit

Back to top Go down
beemerchef

PostSubject: Savannah, for real! GA   Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 12:00 pm

Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 6 249663319-L

Savannah, for real! GA

We keep going to the enclosed fenced dog run. I just love taking pictures of Spirit clowning around and getting his much needed exercise. A bit hesitant at first, that’s me not him (!!!), regarding the behavior of the other digs present, but after talking to their owners all was fine, every one keeps an eye on them strongly.
Mother dropped off at a Mall… we went on again to Savannah’s Historical District and started playing with the camera mainly on one street only called “Jones St”… so many more… 24 square Blocks to be exact with 18 Parks!
Next we will be going to St Simon Island, Charleston… up and down the coast.
Enjoy, come and visit… we are here waiting for you!
Be well…

Ara & Spirit

Back to top Go down
beemerchef

PostSubject: The Oasis of my Soul...   Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 11:31 am

Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 6 250570513-L

Colonial Faire & Muster, GA

An unusual event, for us anyhow. The 10th Annual Colonial Faire and Muster, reenactment day, a celebration of the founding of the Colony of Georgia at Savannah, on February 12th 1733 by James Evans Oglethorpe. Spirit and I rode there, pursuit by a fanatic reader hanging out of the window of a fast moving van… Mike Justice, “Driller” on the ADV Riders Forum… obviously a dentist… Great day… His presence in costume of the era added to our own day… On another front, great conversation, for the first time only since we have left, with a gentleman asking me “why did I bring a loaded gun (Spirit) to a Park filled with kids”… of course in the meantime so many of those kids were asking my permission to pet Spirit, and did! As he walked away shaking his own head in disbelief I wished him a great day. One cannot lead a horse to the water… right?
Enjoy the pictures… there will be more to come…
Be well
Ara & Spirit

Back to top Go down
beemerchef

PostSubject: The Oasis of my Soul...   Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 12:57 pm

Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 6 251515189-L

The rest of the weekend, GA

More pictures from the reenactment as the firing of the cannon is always a favorite… kids will be kids you know. Spirit did not like it too much as it was the first time he was in proximity of one. Tried to keep him away as much as possible…
I have been thinking about getting us a new buddy lately… much to think about, specially being the size of the sidecar. They would have to sit side by side pretty close. I even called “Friends Of Animal” in Kanab, Utah, which Spirit and I visited a while ago. It is a “no kill” animal shelter… we might stop there sometime when in that State… It is just a thought… I think Spirit would be real happy with a companion as also I would. Can you see two Pits riding down the road with helmets and Doggles on? Too much?
Anyhow… enjoy the rest of the pictures…
Be well… Ara & Spirit

Back to top Go down
beemerchef

PostSubject: The Oasis of my Soul...   Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 1:21 pm

Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 6 252107562_gD9y4-L

St Simon Island… GA

When we decided to meet (mother and I) in this area called the Golden Isles, GA, my thought were of small villages by the water, quaint and quiet… Comparatively we love Tybee now as we had a chance to visit St Simon Island (south) and also Spirit and I took a ride yesterday about 100 miles north of here. All are full blown cities with major traffic tie ups, 4 lane highways and the back roads which I found just a few are now rare.
The beaches are still quiet once into a State Park, it has been overwhelming besides those area.
I know that this is going to be a trend as it has also been these past months. Checking on what use to be free BLM (Bureau Land Management) camping near Moab, Utah, I am already discovering that they have become also rare as they are now charging $10 a night and limiting the stay to 14 days. Luckily we do have some info on remaining free camping on which we will establish camp very soon. Enjoy the “tour”…
Be well… Ara & Spirit

Back to top Go down
beemerchef

PostSubject: The Oasis of my Soul...   Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 1:43 pm

Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 6 252550300_tsAM7-L

Hunting Island State Park, SC

It is a fine Park well worth visiting with a beautiful Lighthouse and beaches, so serene and peaceful, specially off season. A day trip from Tybee Island, it was just Spirit and I and the camera. Found a great BBQ joint in Bluffton where actually they took care of “us” real well thinking maybe we had not eaten in days! Maybe my diet is working… not on that day though after a couple pounds of food!!!
They also have a campground for $28 a night… I am always wondering why these prices are soaring like mad as if the cost of fuel to get from point A to point B was not enough! One reason for always look for BLM land or National Forest as long as it is safe and free…
Enjoy the shots… Savannah again and Charleston are next on the agenda.
Be well… Ara & Spirit

Back to top Go down
suki
suki

Female Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story.   Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 6:43 am

SO nice you two are doing so well. Spirit looks wonderful=quite happy and as usual, the photography is AMAZING!!!!!! i always feel like i'm with you with i view your pics!

remember, if you ever head up around Beantown, you two will have a nice hot meal waiting. 4sure
tx for stoppin in.
be safe and as ALWAYS
Rubber down~ Cool
God bless.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/suki9259
beemerchef

PostSubject: The Oasis of my Soul...   Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 11:57 am

But you are with us Suki.... Try Utah sometime... we are heading there after here... vast and empty spaces!
Thanks...

Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 6 253689398_nsG23-L

An afternoon in Savannah, GA

We keep going back to Savannah, after all, when was the last time we have witnessed a city built in 1773!… Quite a few moons ago. Busy on the weekend, much nicer during the week and much easier to find any kind of parking space. Our stay on the coast here is nearing the end, we are still planning to sightsee Charleston tomorrow as the weather has been awesome. It should be a nice ride with Spirit.
Sometimes I have a lack of words to express why we are on the road on this Journey, seems somehow that the images are a bit clearer now and that is the content of today’s Blog.
You be well… Ara & Spirit

Back to top Go down
beemerchef

PostSubject: The Oasis of my Soul...   Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 2:34 pm

Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 6 254676716_qFmfj-L

Charleston, SC

A nice 300 mile round trip to Charleston from Tybee Island, cloudy day, cool temps specially with much wind when coming back the same day. Spirit’s patience does not cease to amaze me as we did more sightseeing than dog walks on the grass… and then again the sidecar is his second home!
The Historical City is amazing with its ongoing restoration all approved by the Charleston Historical Society, down to the mortar used, door handles and every details imaginable. Beautiful houses, narrow streets and tour guides dressed from the past era.
One of the highlights was the “Three Dog Bakery” which you must visit if and when in the neighborhood… even if you do not have a dog!
With too many pictures taken that day, there will be a part II of the visit! Hope you enjoy it… we did.
Be well… Ara & Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com our website and Blog….
Back to top Go down
lovemypits
Admin
Admin
lovemypits

Female Number of posts : 1708
Registration date : 2007-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story.   Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 9:43 pm

Great pics as always!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story.   Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story. - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Homeless with Spirit on the road... the story.
Page 6 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 18  Next