Pit Bull Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Doggy Dictionary ;)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dunlap
Site Owner
Site Owner
Dunlap

Male Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2007-03-04

Doggy Dictionary ;) Empty
PostSubject: Doggy Dictionary ;)   Doggy Dictionary ;) Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2007 2:34 am

LEASH: A strap which attaches to your collar, enabling you to lead your person where you want him/her to go.

DOG BED: any soft, clean surface, such as the white bedspread in the guest room or the newly upholstered couch in the living room.

DROOL: Is what you do when your persons have food and you don't. To do this properly you must sit as close as you can and look sad and let the drool fall to the floor, or better yet, on their laps.

SNIFF: A social custom to use when you greet other dogs. Place your nose as close as you can to the other dog s rear end and inhale deeply, repeat several times until your person makes you stop.

GARBAGE CAN: A container which your neighbors put out once a week to test your ingenuity. You must stand on your hind legs and try to push the lid off with your nose. If you do it right you are rewarded with margarine wrappers to shred, beef bones to consume and moldy crusts of bread.

BICYCLES: Two-wheeled exercise machines, invented for dogs to control body fat. To get maximum aerobic benefit, you must hide behind a bush and dash out, bark loudly and run alongside for a few yards; the person then swerves and falls into the bushes, and you prance away.

DEAFNESS: This is a malady which affects dogs when their person wants them in and they want to stay out. Symptoms include staring blankly at the person, then running in the opposite direction, or lying down.

THUNDER: This is a signal that the world is coming to an end. Humans remain amazingly calm during thunderstorms, so it is necessary to warn them of the danger by trembling uncontrollably, panting, rolling your eyes wildly, and following at their heels.

WASTEBASKET: This is a dog toy filled with paper, envelopes, and old candy wrapper. When you get bored, turn over the basket and strew the papers all over the house until your person comes home

SOFAS: Are to dogs like napkins are to people. After eating it is polite to run up and down the front of the sofa and wipe your whiskers clean.

BATH: This is a process by which the humans drench the floor, walls and themselves. You can help by shaking vigorously and frequently.

LEAN: Every good dogs's response to the command "Sit !", especially if your person is dressed for an evening out. Incredibly effective before black-tie events.

BUMP: The best way to get your human's attention when they are drinking a fresh cup of coffee or tea.

GOOSE BUMP: A maneuver to use as a last resort when the Regular Bump doesn't get the attention you require.....especially effective when combined with The Sniff. See above.

LOVE: Is a feeling of intense affection, given freely and without restriction. The best way you can show your love is to wag your tail. If you're lucky, a human will love you in return.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pitbull-family.com
Dunlap
Site Owner
Site Owner
Dunlap

PostSubject: Re: Doggy Dictionary ;)   Doggy Dictionary ;) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2007 5:01 am

bump
Back to top Go down
Whiskybent

Whiskybent

Female Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2007-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Doggy Dictionary ;)   Doggy Dictionary ;) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2007 5:28 am

hahaha

Bath is painfully true...:/
Back to top Go down
Dunlap
Site Owner
Site Owner
Dunlap

PostSubject: Re: Doggy Dictionary ;)   Doggy Dictionary ;) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2007 5:37 am

Whiskybent wrote:
hahaha

yeah it is.....I just use the water hose now and say piss on trying to bring them into the tub lol.
Back to top Go down
samiam

samiam

Female Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2007-05-03

PostSubject: Re: Doggy Dictionary ;)   Doggy Dictionary ;) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2007 1:42 am

Dunlap wrote:
Whiskybent wrote:
hahaha

yeah it is.....I just use the water hose now and say piss on trying to bring them into the tub lol.

That's what my brother does with kaney, she spazzes out in the tub, not really sure why she used to love baths .

so instead my bro puts leash on her and takes her out back wit the hose .
Back to top Go down
geisthexe

geisthexe

Female Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Doggy Dictionary ;)   Doggy Dictionary ;) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2007 10:15 am

So what do you guys do in the winter time. Fight to get them into the tub?

I have all my dogs trained to jump into the tub, out of the tub. do not move and lay down in there. Now if I can only train them to wash themselves with the soap and water ... HMMM Now that would be a show stopper!
Back to top Go down
http://vigilantkennels.com
Dunlap
Site Owner
Site Owner
Dunlap

PostSubject: Re: Doggy Dictionary ;)   Doggy Dictionary ;) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 2:32 am

I dont give them baths very often...not unless it is REALLY needed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Doggy Dictionary ;)   Doggy Dictionary ;) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Doggy Dictionary ;)
Page 1 of 1