Pit Bull Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spike Collars

Go down 
+2
Peeps
Patchworkpits
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Patchworkpits

Patchworkpits

Female Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2007-05-15

Spike Collars Empty
PostSubject: Spike Collars   Spike Collars Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2007 2:28 pm

With everyone wanting to improve the image of the APBT (Had someone mention even changing the OWNERS look) why haven't we stopped using the SPIKE collars. I see at least 1 picture a day with an APBT with a spike collar on. I know that a lot of registeries will not allow you to show a dog with a spike collar on and I understand why.
What is your thoughts on this!?
Back to top Go down
http://www.patchworkpits.piczo.com
Peeps

Peeps

Female Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2007-05-16

Spike Collars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spike Collars   Spike Collars Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2007 4:55 pm

I Don't like them. I think that they look silly and really don't other peoples opinions on the breed. We were on one of our walks and Toby went up to a lady and her child and sat down waiting to cross the street. And she looked down in complete terror and then realized he wasn't going to hurt her and she asked me why he wasn't wearing a spiked collar because thats what "pitt bulls" are supposed to wear so people know what kind of dog it is. I really wanted to smack her for her ignorance but I politely explained it to her. I see her on our walks all the time now though and shes always upbeat and ready to give Toby a pet now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/elchar001
Dunlap
Site Owner
Site Owner
Dunlap

Male Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2007-03-04

Spike Collars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spike Collars   Spike Collars Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2007 7:24 pm

I dont mind the collars with short 1/4" spikes on them if it isnt loaded down with em'. But I dont like the ones with huge spikes all over em'...I think it just looks "silly" but to each his own.

But if this was brought up do to the picture posted by nnnbullies, the collar was an $80.00 gift and she let Boogie wear it to not be rude Wink .
Back to top Go down
http://www.pitbull-family.com
bullygirl807

bullygirl807

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2007-05-06

Spike Collars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spike Collars   Spike Collars Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2007 8:41 pm

I personally do not like spike collars either. I prefer the regular 2 inch 4 ply, but then again, I don't take my dogs to public parks either. They are for my enjoyment and my enjoyment only.
Back to top Go down
nagbehr

nagbehr

Female Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Spike Collars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spike Collars   Spike Collars Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2007 3:14 pm

I love the spiked collars.

I want to get mine matching pink and blue spiked collars. I think the spikes stand out and make them sparkle... bling bling. Smile Who cares what people think... my pits are sweet hearts and if some stranger isn't going to give them a chance because of a stupid spiked collar then shame on them.

The only thing I'm worried about is that the big ol'spikes will get in the way during cuddle time. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/megandwade
lovemygottibabies

lovemygottibabies

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2007-05-24

Spike Collars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spike Collars   Spike Collars Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2007 4:56 pm

I'm not a big fan of spiked collars/harnesses. I dont want my boys gettin' hurt when trying to pet their dogs! I do however, like the ones with the studs on them. Still gives it that "flashy" look, but it wont put an eye out!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Spike Collars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spike Collars   Spike Collars Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spike Collars
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pit Bull Family :: The Camp Fire :: General-
Jump to: