Pit Bull Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

APBT - American Bully

Go down 
+4
GSDBulldog
stonepitkennel
bullygirl807
Dunlap
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Dunlap
Site Owner
Site Owner
Dunlap

Male Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2007-03-04

APBT - American Bully Empty
PostSubject: APBT - American Bully   APBT - American Bully Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 7:51 pm

I see that this site is growing and there is a little bit of all in here so I figured this'd be a good point to post this. Personaly, I dont care too much about the bully dogs but I'm not gonna bash someone for choosing to own them. The only part that bothers me is when they are called APBTs. I just wish that the UKC would recognize the need for a change and offer them their own category... I think there is a kennel club out there for the bullies, ABKC or something like that?... But I know that there has been alot of bad things said about them.

Just out of curiosity, how would you go about getting together a petition to present the UKC with? One stating the obvious need of a new breed "American Bully" being recognized with a new set of standards seperate from the APBTs and AmStaffs...

I think this is a KC for Bullies....http://www.abkcdogs.org/
Back to top Go down
http://www.pitbull-family.com
Dunlap
Site Owner
Site Owner
Dunlap

PostSubject: Re: APBT - American Bully   APBT - American Bully Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 7:57 pm

I dont want this to turn into an all out bashing so keep it civil and act like adults Wink
Back to top Go down
bullygirl807

bullygirl807

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2007-05-06

PostSubject: Re: APBT - American Bully   APBT - American Bully Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 8:11 pm

I agree with you 100%. I too am not a big fan of the bully breed. Better said I don't dislike them, but would not own one and too each their own but I would never result in bashing one for their personal preference. As long as the dog is well taken care of, that is all one can ask for.
Back to top Go down
Dunlap
Site Owner
Site Owner
Dunlap

PostSubject: Re: APBT - American Bully   APBT - American Bully Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 8:21 pm

I know a couple of people through the internet who own American Bullies. Some are nasty looking and some are decent...but the ones that I think are decent are "frowned upon" by other Bully owners at shows and mess like that. I just wish that they would put a little more focuss on the dog's health instead of all about low ride'n, wide chest, and big heads... It may "look cool" to some but they are creating a very un-healthy dog.

But there definately needs to be a seperation put in place. Then I'm sure that there would be alot less arguements and fights between the APBT owners and Bully owners. Alot of them admit that they are not APBTs but they just dont have any other choice when it comes to registering them...except for the ABKC but I've heard alot of horror stories about them...
Back to top Go down
stonepitkennel

Male Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2007-03-07

PostSubject: Re: APBT - American Bully   APBT - American Bully Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 11:01 pm

ok i agree the cross bred bullies should be reclassified but <and i know i am gonna get a lot of remarks from this, the are pure blooded apbt that are "bully". the old line razors edge dogs are pure if you look back. well im not going to get into it to much cuz i dont really feel like explaining the whole thing for the hundreth time. but i do agree that the ones that arent pure should be called something different
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/stonepitkennel
Dunlap
Site Owner
Site Owner
Dunlap

PostSubject: Re: APBT - American Bully   APBT - American Bully Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 11:16 pm

stonepitkennel wrote:
ok i agree the cross bred bullies should be reclassified but <and i know i am gonna get a lot of remarks from this, the are pure blooded apbt that are "bully". the old line razors edge dogs are pure if you look back. well im not going to get into it to much cuz i dont really feel like explaining the whole thing for the hundreth time. but i do agree that the ones that arent pure should be called something different

You' ve lost me a bit on the pure part...

There are old time and modern day APBTs that pop up here and there with a slight bully style but that's not what I'm talking about. I'm also not refering to certain bloodlines either but we all know of a few that stand out (RE, Gotti) I've seen a hand full of damn good lookin RE dogs, just like I've seen some damn good lookin APBTs with AmStaffs in their lineage. I'm speaking from a "conformation" stand point. I think that there should be a new standard brought about in the UKC for them to stop the bull $**T bickering between everyone. It would make things a hell of alot simpler and I know that alot of the bully breeders/owners would gladly jump on the chance...
Back to top Go down
GSDBulldog

GSDBulldog

Number of posts : 39

PostSubject: Re: APBT - American Bully   APBT - American Bully Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2007 9:15 pm

I believe that the majority of bully dogs are in fact purebred. These extreme physical traits are the product of generation after generation of crap-poor breeding practices. They are breeding for deformities, nothing more.

I believe that this fad will eventually blow-over, as the majority of people who are into the bullies never "got it" in the first place and should've stayed out of dogs, period.
Back to top Go down
Dunlap
Site Owner
Site Owner
Dunlap

PostSubject: Re: APBT - American Bully   APBT - American Bully Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2007 9:50 pm

GSDBulldog wrote:
I believe that the majority of bully dogs are in fact purebred. These extreme physical traits are the product of generation after generation of crap-poor breeding practices. They are breeding for deformities, nothing more.

I believe that this fad will eventually blow-over, as the majority of people who are into the bullies never "got it" in the first place and should've stayed out of dogs, period.

I dont know if it'd be accurate to say that the majority of them ARE purebred, but some of them are (IMO). My girl Sadie has an old school natural bully look to her but is a Nigerino bred dog... I'm talking more about the Gotti line dogs and the newer Razors Edge dogs as well as a few others. The ones that are obviously crossed with English Bulldogs and things like that.

It would just stop alot of BS if they would make a category for American Bullies so that they would be seperate from APBTs... IMO
Back to top Go down
SchismaticKennels

SchismaticKennels

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: APBT - American Bully   APBT - American Bully Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2007 10:30 pm

Arguing over it does no good, and I've always heard, one person's trash is another man's gold. Sooo to each his own. The only problem I have with it is health issues, and you can behind a screen till your blue in the face about how unhealthy it is for the dog, and they don't listen.

I don't breed bullies, don't care for the bullies, but what kills me is, no one bashes English bulldog breeders for breeding them, and they are one of the most common dogs with health problems.

unfortunately I don't think a petition to ukc would do any good, our breed is becomeing overpopulated with bullies, as more and more are being bred and sold everyday.
Back to top Go down
mindovermatter

mindovermatter

Female Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: APBT - American Bully   APBT - American Bully Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2007 11:23 pm

ok i guess i need the defdination of "bullys" here to be able to have imput on this post
Back to top Go down
stonepitkennel

PostSubject: Re: APBT - American Bully   APBT - American Bully Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2007 11:42 pm

i dont think a petition would work either because people have tried many times. and just a piece of info about the supposed razors edge dogs being under investigation with a ukc that is only partially true. there is only one kennel under investigation for mixing RE dogs and paper hanging im guessing it will come up at some point it usually does. so i thought i would put it out there now cuz i have talked to supervisors at ukc about that issue before i got my RE girl when i first started my research into the line
Back to top Go down
stonepitkennel

PostSubject: Re: APBT - American Bully   APBT - American Bully Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2007 11:43 pm

i think the english bulldog is a nice dog but i feel bad for them because most lines have health problems there are a few that generally dont but obviously no matter what line of any dog health problems can occur
Back to top Go down
Dunlap
Site Owner
Site Owner
Dunlap

PostSubject: Re: APBT - American Bully   APBT - American Bully Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2007 12:33 am

mindovermatter wrote:
ok i guess i need the defdination of "bullys" here to be able to have imput on this post

I'm talking about the dogs that people breed to to very short, extra wide and have huge heads... The ones that do good to just walk around and usually dont live but about 5 or 6 years.
Back to top Go down
Dunlap
Site Owner
Site Owner
Dunlap

PostSubject: Re: APBT - American Bully   APBT - American Bully Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2007 12:37 am

stonepitkennel wrote:
i dont think a petition would work either because people have tried many times. and just a piece of info about the supposed razors edge dogs being under investigation with a ukc that is only partially true. there is only one kennel under investigation for mixing RE dogs and paper hanging im guessing it will come up at some point it usually does. so i thought i would put it out there now cuz i have talked to supervisors at ukc about that issue before i got my RE girl when i first started my research into the line

I think that that whole thing was just blown out of proportion... I've seen some DAMN good lookin old RE dogs that looked "more correct" than alot of the APBTs that I've seen. It was just a line that got messed up by people trying to "up date" the pit bulls image...
Back to top Go down
mindovermatter

mindovermatter

Female Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: APBT - American Bully   APBT - American Bully Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2007 12:48 am

well LOL as far as the big headed short and wides go that is not my syle of dog at all and I don't think i would ever own an APBT that could not work..

now as far as RE is concerned i know of some VERY nice correct RE line dogs that are shown in UKC .. Not all the RE dogs are messed up just some of them.
Back to top Go down
JhnsnsKennel

JhnsnsKennel

Female Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2007-03-30

PostSubject: Re: APBT - American Bully   APBT - American Bully Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2007 3:01 am

Seperate them is fine by me.. To each their own..no need for a long drawn out debate..
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/jhnsnsukcapbts/
GSDBulldog

GSDBulldog

Number of posts : 39

PostSubject: Re: APBT - American Bully   APBT - American Bully Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2007 10:14 am

Actually, I do have a problem with English bulldog breeders. Their OFA stats indicate that 75% of the dogs health-tested are dysplatic.

But, from what I have seen, even the lowest English bulldog breeders do not try and pass their dogs off as American pit bull terriers.

I have serious issues with irresponsible breeders of all breeds. I find it funny when a lot of them talk the talk and do not walk the walk. That just makes it worse; they know what is right and what is wrong, but they still choose to do things thier own way.
Back to top Go down
nnnbullies

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2007-03-10

PostSubject: Re: APBT - American Bully   APBT - American Bully Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2007 2:37 am

I own a bully

If the ukc would allow me to register my dog with them as an american bully i would. alot of bullies can meet the standards only because they are poorly written and open to interpretation. But i know he does not look like an APBT then again when were american pit bull terriers bred for looks? american pit bull terrier were bred to perform. I would call a bully who can work an american pit bull terrier before i would call a dumb show dog that only knows how to stack and cannot work.

I love bullies I get the loyalty determination and willingness to please. Except my bully has no dog or small animal agression. I know that any dog can have animal agression though.
APBT - American Bully 100_0751
APBT - American Bully 100_0717_edited
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: APBT - American Bully   APBT - American Bully Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

APBT - American Bully
Page 1 of 1