Pit Bull Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Matching?

Go down 
+3
jeremy @ aftershockennels
woody d
MidwestFire
7 posters
AuthorMessage
MidwestFire

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2009-03-22

Matching? Empty
PostSubject: Matching?   Matching? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 10:29 pm

Was just wondering what people thought about the legalized dog competitions in Japan and other countries? I know what people think about dogmen here in the USA, but are all those people ignorant, red necks, (which for the most part seems to be the conception of the dogman) I dont think so. Just curious.
Back to top Go down
woody d

woody d

Male Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2007-12-21

Matching? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matching?   Matching? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 4:44 pm

ok, ill touch this thread, but simply to say this...gameness and matching are a tough subject for everyone involved in this breed. public forum, or privacy of your own home...it can spell trouble. dont get me wrong man, i LOVE the gladiators, and probably wont own anything else in my lifetime, but my dogs also dont have a scratch on em. nowadays owning a couple dogs w/ some scars, a treadmill, and a breakstick automatically makes you a dogfighter in the laws eyes. that is why youre gonna get a rough response to stuff like this. i read the chat last nite and from what i can figure you either know more than youre lettin on, or you are simply reciting what youve read. doesnt matter to me as i read alot also. do ya see where im comin from? i wont fault anyone for having a desire to learn about this noble breed, but why is pushing an animal to the edge the first thing ya wanna learn about? im sorry if i stepped on anyones toes w/ this post, but you all surely have figure out i dont beat around the bush. MF, stick around, all forums need new blood...this one included. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Male Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2007-12-27

Matching? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matching?   Matching? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 6:05 am

ive watched hrs and hrs of the tosa fights i dident think they were that bad
Back to top Go down
MidwestFire

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2009-03-22

Matching? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matching?   Matching? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 1:15 am

Thanks for yor post. And yeah I figured that was the response I would get. I was just curious. Alot of people just make uninformed descisions about topics they dont know about, like the APBT. But the reason Im asking about it is not that I want to match dogs or anything like that, but the fact is that the practice of competitons was to decide the breeding stock and studs. However since that is no longer aloud, I'm jsut curious on the direction the breed will take, since the main thing used to decide the keepers and the non is illegal, where is the breed headed? That's the only reason I ask, I'm not trying to get any one in trouble or get any one upset just curious on the way the breed will change by the time I start to do that sort of thing.
Back to top Go down
lovemypits
Admin
Admin
lovemypits

Female Number of posts : 1708
Registration date : 2007-03-30

Matching? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matching?   Matching? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 1:31 am

Woody ~ Great post.

MF ~ I'm glad you are researching before you do any type of breeding. Heck.. you might even decide breeding is not the right thing for you Smile
Back to top Go down
suki
suki

Female Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2007-03-05

Matching? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matching?   Matching? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 4:10 am

in terms of TRUE gameness and where the breed in THIS country is headed, well, it's hard to say. ( touched upon some of that in my PM's to you). so the 'venue', so to speak has changed due to the laws post 76 and different "methods" if you will are now used, which are legal. but as mentioned, imo, there is only one TRUE way to test gameness.... so i guess only time will tell..... again, hard to say...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/suki9259
EDOGZ818

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Matching? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matching?   Matching? Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 7:09 pm

The breed is heading toward staffordshire terriers. Champions are judged by head , chest size, rear angulation & such. Others though, are performance champions like pulling, agility, obedience , etc., which are objective goals , as opposed to subjective. ( IE: Winning ( Objective ) vs Show ( Subjective )

Judges opinions determine the champions , instead of the actual dogs. Dogs being bred for looks ( Color , head size, chest size, height , etc. )

It's like having to chose between 2 cars, one is a hyndai body with a ferrari motor , & the other is ferrari body with a hyndai motor.

The flip side is, in places like IE: Japan , matching is legal & the dogs aren't judged on what they look like.
Back to top Go down
sf1986

sf1986

Male Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2008-05-04

Matching? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matching?   Matching? Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 1:03 am

The media would have you believe that every man, women, and child who ever enjoyed watching an organized match is evil, sick, and perverse. In reality, I don't think so. It's all about mind control. Control the mind, the behavior will follow. If that fails, they revert to controlling the behavior in prison, and hope that the mind will follow. If that fails, they lock you up and throw away the key. "You know, some men you just can't reach. Som of them like we got here today...that's the way he wants it, he gets it!"- the movie, cool hand luke.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Matching? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matching?   Matching? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Matching?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pit Bull Family :: Dog Discussion :: APBT History-
Jump to: