Pit Bull Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

think positive

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
woody d

woody d

Male Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2007-12-21

think positive Empty
PostSubject: think positive   think positive Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 1:34 am

this isnt aimed at this forum at all, but i have a little something for members of all forums to think about. i worry about the image some threads and posts are projecting w/ all the bashing, mud slinging, and just general trash talking going on. as some of you know, i decided to allow my 12 year old daughter to join this forum w/ you guys and gals approval. (thanks again) well, she reads the recent threads and of course as many of the old ones times allows, and she has brought it to my attention all the immature crap that goes on when we let the he said/she said get the best of us. i am including myself, because i am not innocent by any means. this makes me think...what kind of an example are we setting for the younger generation? when i was growing up this internet thing didnt exist, so all i knew about dogs was taught to me by my father. but nowadays we have immature punks "talkin dogs", and i dont want her learning a damn thing from these mo fos w/ their warped mindsets. i only bring this up as a topic of conversation, and am not pointing a finger at anyone, so please dont take it that way. my only point is these kids are the future of the breed, and i wish some would think before posting.
Back to top Go down
pitmamma
pitmamma

Female Number of posts : 1414
Registration date : 2007-06-22

think positive Empty
PostSubject: Re: think positive   think positive Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 2:48 am

I absolutely agree with you......
Then people wonder why some kids/people in general are so non shalaunt (or has a who cares attitude) when bad or even tragic things happen. Kinda sad and kinda scary!!!!
Back to top Go down
lovemypits
Admin
Admin
lovemypits

Female Number of posts : 1708
Registration date : 2007-03-30

think positive Empty
PostSubject: Re: think positive   think positive Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 5:22 pm

Well, I have to think that it is also up to the reader to choose what they want to believe. Trust me, I as I'm sure many of you, have heard plenty. You just gotta learn what you agree with or don't. Or when you read, to research and find your own facts to base your own opinions on. Seems to me, if a child is on a forum the parent should be involved/aware of it. Of course, you are, so she can ask you questions. To be honest reading words on a forum doesn't really do it for me anyways. I have read thousands of posts... by hundreds of forum members.. and really.. I have a small handfull.. I'm talking like two people that if I have a question on what i read or heard about Pit Bulls I would ask them what their thoughts are.

Unfortunately, we're always going to have idiots posting, acting like they are the be all end all of dogdom. It goes back to the parents helping the child sift through the information.

As far as he said she said.. I think with people of different backgrounds and areas of the country are going to have different feelings and thoughts. Sometimes we just need to take a step away and quit feeding the forum trolls you know?
Back to top Go down
lovemypits
Admin
Admin
lovemypits

Female Number of posts : 1708
Registration date : 2007-03-30

think positive Empty
PostSubject: Re: think positive   think positive Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 5:26 pm

And do we age ourselves by saying the internet didn't exist when we were growing up.. lmaoooo.. we didn't even have computers in our school.. Laughing I learned typing the old school way.. on a typwriter!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

think positive Empty
PostSubject: Re: think positive   think positive Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

think positive
Page 1 of 1