Pit Bull Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

what do u think about hog hunting ?

Go down 
+5
CoolHandJean
pitmamma
woody d
lovemypits
midwest_showdogs
9 posters
AuthorMessage
midwest_showdogs
midwest_showdogs

Male Number of posts : 457
Registration date : 2007-10-27

what do u think about hog hunting ? Empty
PostSubject: what do u think about hog hunting ?   what do u think about hog hunting ? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 10:04 pm

Is it for nothing or just another way to test the worth of your dog?
Back to top Go down
lovemypits
Admin
Admin
lovemypits

Female Number of posts : 1708
Registration date : 2007-03-30

PostSubject: Re: what do u think about hog hunting ?   what do u think about hog hunting ? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 12:24 am

Hmmm.. I'm not sure about that. I have heard people say it is another way to test the dog. I'm not sure it's something I could do though. I would be too worried about my dogs being harmed by the hogs.
Back to top Go down
woody d

woody d

Male Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: what do u think about hog hunting ?   what do u think about hog hunting ? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 12:48 am

i know some folks down south that say they do MILLIONS of dollars of damage annually
Back to top Go down
lovemypits
Admin
Admin
lovemypits

Female Number of posts : 1708
Registration date : 2007-03-30

PostSubject: Re: what do u think about hog hunting ?   what do u think about hog hunting ? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 12:58 am

woody d wrote:
i know some folks down south that say they do MILLIONS of dollars of damage annually

I've actually heard that too, from someone on this site that has done research on the subject.
Back to top Go down
pitmamma
pitmamma

Female Number of posts : 1414
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: what do u think about hog hunting ?   what do u think about hog hunting ? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 3:08 am

I would never do it to test my dog...but just like the people that have coon hounds and such...some do it for actual hunting purposes. I personally find nothing wrong with that. Expecially if you are in an area with an over population.
Back to top Go down
CoolHandJean

CoolHandJean

Female Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2007-11-02

PostSubject: Re: what do u think about hog hunting ?   what do u think about hog hunting ? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 2:07 am

It's a great service to the community, plus you get great meat from it.

It doesn't test gameness, but it does work a dog, which is always a plus, in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
pocketdunlap

Male Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: what do u think about hog hunting ?   what do u think about hog hunting ? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 4:28 am

Cool Hand Jean- Hog hunting is a very big game test ina sense that you are hunting wild game
Back to top Go down
woody d

woody d

PostSubject: Re: what do u think about hog hunting ?   what do u think about hog hunting ? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 11:38 pm

anybody own the kevlar vests?
Back to top Go down
pocketdunlap

PostSubject: Re: what do u think about hog hunting ?   what do u think about hog hunting ? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 11:51 pm

Just one but it's leather,just got it sunday
Back to top Go down
pitmamma
pitmamma

Female Number of posts : 1414
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: what do u think about hog hunting ?   what do u think about hog hunting ? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 3:13 am

Pocket...could you post a pic of it, I have never seen one....
Back to top Go down
sedaliapridekennels

sedaliapridekennels

Male Number of posts : 932
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: what do u think about hog hunting ?   what do u think about hog hunting ? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 4:57 am

i got one sujjestion if your not willing to lose your dog to it dont try it. The dogs take alot of risk for the hunt but it is a fun sport.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/sedaliapitbulls
woody d

woody d

PostSubject: Re: what do u think about hog hunting ?   what do u think about hog hunting ? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 3:41 pm

id sooner my dog tangle w/ another dog than try to deal w/ those tusks! a break stick would do no good. affraid
Back to top Go down
alfisher3

Number of posts : 215
Registration date : 2007-11-05

PostSubject: Re: what do u think about hog hunting ?   what do u think about hog hunting ? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 9:12 pm

I don't personally hunt hogs NOT YET, but there are plenty hog hunters and dogs here in the state of Arkansas. The hunt does pose some danger, but honestly it's come so far the Kevlar vest really make it a lot safer than it originally was when you assumed you would lose a dog at anytime you went for a hunt back in the old days.
Back to top Go down
pocketdunlap

PostSubject: Re: what do u think about hog hunting ?   what do u think about hog hunting ? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 9:44 pm

I can to certain extent understand your worries but with a properly suited dog(a dog nicely bred) you shouldn't . I know a gentleman by the name of Randy that has been hunting hogs for over 15yrs and never once lost dog to the sport.Why be scared your bulldog's not!
Back to top Go down
smoke

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: what do u think about hog hunting ?   what do u think about hog hunting ? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 2:19 pm

Ive got a kevlar set, and I wouldnt use anything else. It is the safest way to protect the hounds when they hunt. You're right pocket, dogs are rarely killed but often injured. That's why you have to take meds, and staple kits with you.
Back to top Go down
CoolHandJean

CoolHandJean

Female Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2007-11-02

PostSubject: Re: what do u think about hog hunting ?   what do u think about hog hunting ? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 8:13 pm

It was be a test of "game" as far as hunting goes.

But there is only one way to test true "gameness" in an APBT, and that is illegal. Hog hunting is a challenge, but it doesn't determine true gameness.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what do u think about hog hunting ?   what do u think about hog hunting ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

what do u think about hog hunting ?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pit Bull Family :: Events :: Other-
Jump to: