Pit Bull Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Getting out of pit bulls?

Go down 
+11
pocketdunlap
alfisher3
shadowwolf
midwest_showdogs
turtlebuster100
pitmamma
wmssh
Prison Blue Pit Bulls
sf1986
jeremy @ aftershockennels
lovemypits
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
midwest_showdogs
midwest_showdogs

Male Number of posts : 457
Registration date : 2007-10-27

Getting out of pit bulls? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting out of pit bulls?   Getting out of pit bulls? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 12:02 pm

Turtle i'm not sure what crawled up your ass but you got to chill or your gone dude i have read everything you have type and i'm getting tired of it. Now you can stay and be nice or go it doesn't matter to me. If this site is so bad and the people on here is worthless then leave apparently your so much better then us. Oh and this is your second warning for bashing others be nice or your gone.
Back to top Go down
pocketdunlap

Male Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: For someone who who calls themselves turtlebuster......   Getting out of pit bulls? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 2:31 pm

For you to call yourself turtlebuster is funny because even if someone had a bully or a blue dog on this webchat the fact of the matter is -what pits do you see at city meetings saving our dogs? I know it's not me standing in line with my doublebred TomTU male or my linebred/inbred Earl Jr female. Beside the fact you need some pedigree schooling any way-First Turtlebuster is a sctterbred dog from hell consisting of 24 different dogs in 4 generation ,not to mention the fact that they are notorious man biters,the only dog in that pedigree worth anything that you could consider a bulldog in wise's maxamillion in there 1 time in 4 generations, so yeah you are a product of Ingram's Brutus-Gaines game and grit, Just remember you are on a computer being tuff and you don't know how any us, or the way we conduct ourselves in the street. My advise unless you do the good deed of rescuing like a few of these people do-------------------sell everything to better homes----think---------read-------------------focus -----------before you feed.Good luck

Photobucket LOOK AT HIM SO BULLY IT'S REDICULOUS
Back to top Go down
pocketdunlap

PostSubject: Re: Getting out of pit bulls?   Getting out of pit bulls? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 2:41 pm

Photobucket" border="0" alt=""/>

RYKER'S TWIN
Back to top Go down
pocketdunlap

PostSubject: Re: Getting out of pit bulls?   Getting out of pit bulls? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 2:42 pm

Photobucket" border="0" alt=""/>

I WONDER WHAT HE'S LOOKING AT?(CRAZY FOCUSED)
Back to top Go down
pocketdunlap

PostSubject: Re: Getting out of pit bulls?   Getting out of pit bulls? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 2:43 pm

MAYBE ISHOULD HAVE TAKEN THAT PURPLE COLLAR OFF HE LOOKS SO BULLY
Back to top Go down
woody d

woody d

Male Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Getting out of pit bulls?   Getting out of pit bulls? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 3:19 pm

nice lookin dogs pd Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lovemypits
Admin
Admin
lovemypits

Female Number of posts : 1708
Registration date : 2007-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Getting out of pit bulls?   Getting out of pit bulls? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 4:22 am

Prison Blue .. I have to agree there are some people owning these dogs that just have no sense. Letting them run loose in apartment complexes?? That is just asking for trouble for sure. And with the difficulty of finding places to rent with bully breeds... to ruin chances for future renters just sucks. Not to mention the possibility of the dog ending up on the 10 o'clock news for one reason or another...
Back to top Go down
Caliente

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Getting out of pit bulls?   Getting out of pit bulls? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 1:54 am

I think its all of the above.

Economy is a killer for a lot of people.

BSL forces people to get rid of their dogs in some cases.

Bust makes people wary even if they are not doing anything wrong, it could be them next.

It does hurt shows or sales at shows are less because of the economy. Although a lot of people will sacrifice where they can to still make it to shows.

jeremy @ aftershockennels wrote:
i dident even register my dogs as apbt's cause when bsl comes knockin the list of pit bulls registered at the A.C. office is stage one

im not going to crop ears anymore i wish none of my dogs were croped

A.C. came to my house today i told them "i dont own any pit bulls check the records at ur office" tank is registered as a bullmastiff mix and saber is registered as a lab mix

its a constant witch hunt around here because 99% of pit bull owners in my city are fu*kin jack a$$es i want to move but this dam economy is hitting me too hard

my city is passing a law to ban pit bulls because of over breeding

i may lose ALL of my dogs if that happens i guess i will set up my fish tanks again

ohh ya the breed i would get would be a cane corso a blue one

Honestly we really need more people to stand behind this breed. Not turn and cur. That is part of the problem. HSUS is winning strong while half ass pit owners who just give up on their dogs. Personally I have a blue Cane Corso and would never get rid of my bulldogs for nothing. There isn't another breed that could replace them in my book. I won't just give them up and move to a different breed if a ban is proposed. Anyway banning because of over breeding, lame. I thought they banned due to the man biters.
Back to top Go down
suki
suki

Female Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Getting out of pit bulls?   Getting out of pit bulls? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 10:34 pm

I think it's due, inpart, to many people having to deal with ALL the "stigma" that seems to go hand in hand today, with owning this breed: they're "vicious", not allowed to go here or there, can't live in this city/town, landlord won't accept them, Big Brother wants to tear down your kennel, blah, blah, blah...cripes the list just goes on and on. but i also feel that's ok, cuz the tough skinned are gunna STAY tough and true, and WILL see this breed thru. I almost feel even more"empowered" if you will, just based off of what people's misconceptions are, especially when i can take one of mine out and 'show the world' what a magnificient breed they in fact, ARE. so, if the media's & people's hype is getting to some people, so be it, and let them go onto another breed. but if your heart's really in it, you'll stick it out, not in spite of the breed, but BECAUSE of your love for the breed. at least i will.
...changing minds, one at a time.... (hopefully)

edit to add: i did not read any of the other's replies, but my reply just popped into my head. i'll go thru them now to see the various opinions.
interesting topic!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/suki9259
woody d

woody d

Male Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Getting out of pit bulls?   Getting out of pit bulls? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 1:18 am

NICE post Suki! Very Happy couldnt have said it better myself
Back to top Go down
Prison Blue Pit Bulls

Prison Blue Pit Bulls

Female Number of posts : 310
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Getting out of pit bulls?   Getting out of pit bulls? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 5:52 am

lovemypits wrote:
Prison Blue .. I have to agree there are some people owning these dogs that just have no sense. Letting them run loose in apartment complexes?? That is just asking for trouble for sure. And with the difficulty of finding places to rent with bully breeds... to ruin chances for future renters just sucks. Not to mention the possibility of the dog ending up on the 10 o'clock news for one reason or another...

100% agreed.
Back to top Go down
http://prisonbluepitbulls.webs.com
sf1986

sf1986

Male Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Getting out of pit bulls?   Getting out of pit bulls? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 12:27 am

As I reread the opinions posted, I find that we pitbull enthusiests are experiencing similiar feelings in our journey through life with our dogs.
Back to top Go down
suki
suki

Female Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Getting out of pit bulls?   Getting out of pit bulls? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 1:58 am

woody d wrote:
NICE post Suki! Very Happy couldnt have said it better myself

why, TY! ...was at work, and it was what first came to mind, and had to hurry with my reply. tx!

and agreed, it would appear that our thinking, as owners, yes, is similar....
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/suki9259
frank ilona

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2009-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Getting out of pit bulls?   Getting out of pit bulls? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 6:08 pm

WEL I AM FROM SOUTH AFRICA AND HER THERE IS ONLY ON PLASE WERE WE CAN SHOW OWER PITS UNDER ADBA SHOWS.THE GOVERMENT CAN COME AND TRY TO TAKE MY BABYS 9 OF THEM.NO WAY IN HELL WIL THAT EVER HAPPEN,AND THEN TO THINK OF GIVING UP ON THEM IS JUST NOT FAIR TO THEM.I THINK THE BIGGEST PROBLEM IS YOUR ASPCA,BECAUSE THEY WIL CONVESCAT AND PUT A PIT OUT AND SAY IT WAS HUMAIN.MOST OF THE WORLD DONT LIKE PITS IN GENERAL,SO LETS FIGHT SIDE BY SIDE FOR OUR PITS BECAUSE THEY WIL DO THAT FOR US
Back to top Go down
Prison Blue Pit Bulls

Prison Blue Pit Bulls

Female Number of posts : 310
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Getting out of pit bulls?   Getting out of pit bulls? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 11:00 pm

Nicely put, Frank
Back to top Go down
http://prisonbluepitbulls.webs.com
frank ilona

PostSubject: Re: Getting out of pit bulls?   Getting out of pit bulls? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 6:37 pm

hi there dog lovers you know that my new wife and i wish we could inport dogs and not pay so much for here there are nice pits but alot of them are so badly bred that i would not trust a grown man with them let alone my children but if i would get one pitty to rescue i wouldnt let him get put down.Pits are in south africa 29 years i bought my first one 28 years ago a old family red nose [zebo] a master of disaster but as gentle as you could get .I have a few beautys which i will never sell. Some of them registered in USA, some not, some i lost the papers for due to divorce from ex-wife it is a hassel to do papers over here. so if any body could help let me know. Pit lovers dont quit [ Smile quote="Prison Blue Pit Bulls"]Nicely put, Frank[/quote]
Back to top Go down

Male Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2007-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Getting out of pit bulls?   Getting out of pit bulls? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 7:03 am

hahaha bsl came knocking and im am clearing out the yard and getting cane corsos just like i said in this thread

and no there not gonna come after the corsos too
Back to top Go down
frank ilona

PostSubject: Re: Getting out of pit bulls?   Getting out of pit bulls? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 7:25 pm

WELL IF YOU WANT TO SEND YOUR DOGS AWAY I WIL HAVE A CHATE WITH THEMAND PUT THEM TO EASE
Back to top Go down
lovemypits
Admin
Admin
lovemypits

PostSubject: Re: Getting out of pit bulls?   Getting out of pit bulls? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 5:56 pm

Jeremy, are corso's not considered "pit bull type"? Just curious.
Back to top Go down
frank ilona

PostSubject: Re: Getting out of pit bulls?   Getting out of pit bulls? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 6:41 pm

PIT BULLS ARE A BREED ON ITS OWN .YOU CANT MAKE A STAF,ARGENTINA DOGO PART OF THE NAME .!!!!!
Back to top Go down
lovemypits
Admin
Admin
lovemypits

PostSubject: Re: Getting out of pit bulls?   Getting out of pit bulls? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 2:51 am

I realize that.. it is why I said "pit bull type" meaning.. when a town bans American Pit Bull Terriers they also give problems to people with Am Staff's, Amer. Bulldogs.. etc...

Half those people enforcing the laws can't tell a pit bull from a boxer!
Back to top Go down
lovemypits
Admin
Admin
lovemypits

PostSubject: Re: Getting out of pit bulls?   Getting out of pit bulls? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 2:59 am

frank ilona wrote:
PIT BULLS ARE A BREED ON ITS OWN .YOU CANT MAKE A STAF,ARGENTINA DOGO PART OF THE NAME .!!!!!

And if we want to get technical.. 'Pit Bull' is not a breed either... Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting out of pit bulls?   Getting out of pit bulls? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Getting out of pit bulls?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2