Pit Bull Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Well, Harley got neutered.....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
lovemypits
Admin
Admin
lovemypits

Female Number of posts : 1708
Registration date : 2007-03-30

Well, Harley got neutered..... Empty
PostSubject: Well, Harley got neutered.....   Well, Harley got neutered..... Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2007 12:47 pm

I dropped him off in Chicago at 8am. Sasha and I walked downtown from 8:30am till 4pm! Yikes my feet and I am sure her paws are killing today!! She was very good and many were surprised when they let their kids pet her and when I asked I said she was 1/2 pit 1/2 boxer. They were like pit bull? She is so sweet?!? So for 7 1/2 hours I showed her off all over!! She did not bark, jump, or do anything but walk at my side like a good girl. I was a proud mommy!!

Sooo.... I got to pick Harley up at 6:30. I was the first one there then the crowd followed to get their animals. The lady told me, you can go in the room and get him yourself, I didn't think anything of it. I go in there and his eyes are waaayyyyy messed up. I asked and the girl cleaning the cages and she said oh, it's cuz his face is droopy. I was thinking this is not right. So I was watching and the owners of a rottie and I little rat terrier went in the room to get their dogs. The rest of the dogs were brought out for the owners by the staff. Then I noticed those other two dogs had messed up eyes too. Then the lady was like, can we have the mean dogs over here. Looking at us like we were supposed to KNOW that our dogs were the mean ones. So I go and she was like m'am you need to wrap his leash around his mouth. I kept trying to ask them if he tried biting someone and she just get avoiding the question. Then I asked if they maced him, and she would not answer me!

So I don't know if I should be pissed off that they maced my dog, or that they would not answer my question. I mean you think they would at least tell me if he tried something. He has NEVER even snapped at a person before. Today his eyes are looking better, but I still feel bad for him.

At least it's finally done!
Back to top Go down
Dunlap
Site Owner
Site Owner
Dunlap

Male Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2007-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Well, Harley got neutered.....   Well, Harley got neutered..... Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2007 9:20 pm

They could have atleast given you something for him... That's why I dont like going to the vets;). The only time I will go is when I cannot handle it my self and that has only been three times in my life... and one was to get our stinky cat neutered lol.

But, atleast he is doing better now and hopefully he'll be back to his old self soon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pitbull-family.com
JhnsnsKennel

JhnsnsKennel

Female Number of posts : 140

PostSubject: Re: Well, Harley got neutered.....   Well, Harley got neutered..... Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 1:07 pm

oh hun that is really messed up, I would be pissed and have made a scene(sp) that was uncalled for sure everything from the mean dogs over here comment to wrap your leash around their mouths bull**** youre gonna have to at least tell me why it is that I need to do that.. Oh to mace my dog and not tell or give me anything to help for that would have just made their life even more trouble..

I would be getting a new vet for sure and contacting someone and report them for poor business practices..

Hope he is back to his self in no time..
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/jhnsnsukcapbts/
JhnsnsKennel

JhnsnsKennel

PostSubject: Re: Well, Harley got neutered.....   Well, Harley got neutered..... Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 1:09 pm

Sorry meant to say also that you took him in there for service and not to be abused by the vet staff.

Sending him some get better love..
Back to top Go down
MidnightSkyKnl
MidnightSkyKnl

Female Number of posts : 354
Registration date : 2007-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Well, Harley got neutered.....   Well, Harley got neutered..... Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 6:54 pm

This is exactly why I really dislike vets most of the time. I personally would like to go to school to become a vet so I can treat and examine my own dogs. Anyways Hope he's feeling better.

Amanda
Back to top Go down
http://www.midnightskykennels.com
lovemypits
Admin
Admin
lovemypits

Female Number of posts : 1708

PostSubject: Re: Well, Harley got neutered.....   Well, Harley got neutered..... Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 9:54 pm

Thanks all. He is feeling better. In fact last night he wanted his rock sooo bad. Well, I wanted to walk them before a puppy mill meeting I went to started and he would not drop the rock. So you guessed it, he brought the rock outside, played with it while he pottied, then grabed it and carried it while we walked!! When I would stop at the corners he would drop it play with it and then I would say, ok boy lets go, and he would pick it and walk again with it hanging out his mouth!! He was so proud to walk with his rock!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
JhnsnsKennel

JhnsnsKennel

PostSubject: Re: Well, Harley got neutered.....   Well, Harley got neutered..... Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2007 3:03 am

So glad to hear that he is feeling better that makes me happy.. Boys and their toys(rock or not lol)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well, Harley got neutered.....   Well, Harley got neutered..... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Well, Harley got neutered.....
Page 1 of 1