Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistLog in

Share | 

Need Help, please read before passing judgement!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ThaLadyPit

ThaLadyPit

Female Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-10-12

PostSubject: Need Help, please read before passing judgement!   Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:43 am

I know I don't come here nearly as often as I should, but if everyone would please continue reading this post, I would greatly appreciate it!

Hello family! I'm in desparate need of moral support. Sit down, grab somethin cold (or warm) to drink, maybe some popcorn.. and hold onto your seats!

My little brother, age 17, was arrested yesterday at school by Brooks County Sheriff's Department. Now, lemme tell you, he's a good kid, never been in any kind of trouble, gets A-B honor roll on every report card (has since he started school), and was even going to join the Marine Corps. That's all been screwed up for him now! He's the targeted suspect in an animal cruelty case here in the neighborhood we live in. I've included the link below for you to check out. Now, we all know how wonderful the media is at reporting stuff. Last week (26 Jan), the detective assigned to this case picked him up at school to administer a polygraph test, w/out my mother's knowledge, or consent. Friday (30 Jan), the same detective called the house, didn't identify himself and asked to speak w/my brother. He told my brother he had some more questions for him, supposedly reguarding somebodyelse who was involved or suspected of commiting this crime. Once they arrived at the station, Sgt Anderson, and another detective, began "railroading" my brother into confessing to a crime he didn't commit! They threatened him w/several charges if he didn't admit to commiting this crime, and taking him directly to the county jail. Whereas, if he did admit to it, they would wait till this week and only charge him with animal cruelty! Having never been in trouble, nor having dealt with the police before and not having my mother or myself present to assist him, he "confessed" to what the detectives were accusing him of! Now, he's sitting in the county jail, waiting till we can get a lawyer lined up, and work out a deal w/his bond. Mind you, he has had cats all his life, and currently has one that he begged my mom for and she got her for him for Christmas of '07. She's fat and happy, and well taken care of. He spends his monthly allowance on buying litter, food and toys for her! My mother also has 3 chihuahuas, 2 cockatiels, and my brother has 4 box turtles that he cares for on a daily basis! Does this sound like someone who would set 3 innocent cats on fire?
http://www.wctv.tv/home/headlines/38837647.html
Any suggestions/support would be appreciated. I've been trying to console my mother and keep her calm, our other brother, the youngest (age 16), had to avoid fights at school all day b/c of oher students getting in his face about what our brother supposedly did! I've got a migraine from hell that no amount of excedrin will cure (and being pregnant, I can't take anything stronger)... anybody got any ideas or advice?

If anyone knows how to go about setting up an online fundraiser to help my family raise the 15% ($2300) needed to bond my bro outta jail, it would be greatly appreciated if you would kindly pm me or email me at thaladypit@yahoo.com. My mother is on disability, and I'm currently unemployed. Cory is scheduled to graduate in May, and if he stays in jail too much longer, he won't be able to make up his classwork and graduate on time. Thankyou very much for taking the time to read this lengthy post, as my family and I greatly appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lovemypits
Admin
Admin
lovemypits

Female Number of posts : 1708
Registration date : 2007-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Need Help, please read before passing judgement!   Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:17 am

Hey you.. I saw your story over on pbf.. hope you can get some help.

sf1986

Male Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Need Help, please read before passing judgement!   Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:23 am

I too hope you can get the help you need.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThaLadyPit

ThaLadyPit

PostSubject: Re: Need Help, please read before passing judgement!   Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:19 am

Thanks for the responses. I appreciate it. I know this doesn't really take precedence as it would if it were about our beloved breed being done wrong... especially since the media is making my little bro out to look like a heartless, cat-hating person who is in need of serious mental help... but I assure you that's not the case at all. He actually has a cat of his own that he begged my mom for and she broke down and got her for him for Christmas '07. He spends his monthly allowance on her each month to provide her w/food, litter and toys to keep her busy while he's at school all day. She even sleeps in the bed with him at night! Anyways, thanks again for the moral support. It is greatly appreciated!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoolHandJean

CoolHandJean

Female Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2007-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Need Help, please read before passing judgement!   Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:24 pm

Don't quote me on this and check with a Lawyer, but I believe if the person is under 18, and they proceed without consent from the parents or at least having a parent there, then it can be thrown out as evidence.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
midwest_showdogs
midwest_showdogs

Male Number of posts : 457
Registration date : 2007-10-27

PostSubject: Re: Need Help, please read before passing judgement!   Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:14 am

chj i believe your right. i would see if a lawyer would help for free and pay payment to them.

He who hangs with fools becomes one!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pitmamma
pitmamma

Female Number of posts : 1414
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Need Help, please read before passing judgement!   Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:57 pm

I was thinking the same thing. Look in the phone book (or online) there should be a # for Legal Aid. It goes by income, so your mom might qualify (I think you said she was on disability?) It would be worth the call. If that doesn't work out....I would call every single phone # in the book for lawyers, until I found someone that would help. Just wondering, what kind of evidence are they claiming they have against him? Oh just though of something else, isn't there something about pleading guilty by means of intimidation? Maybe I watch too much TV.
But I would call everyone in the book..if you have a Law School nearby they may be able to help and call your local Bar Association, sometimes they will give out advise.
Good Luck and let us know.

P.S. Although this is about cats and not dogs....we can all learn something. And if it can help even one of us in the future, then it is worth sharing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThaLadyPit

ThaLadyPit

PostSubject: Re: Need Help, please read before passing judgement!   Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:52 am

They have no evidence on my brother, other than the confession they coerced him into writing/signing, and the fact that they administered polygraph test (took him outta school w/out notifying my mother) and he failed that. Yeah, mom's on disability. He's already signed the waiver for a PD, and last time my mom called legal aide, they were of no help to her. I'm working on things on my end as well, but posted on all the boards I'm a member of asking for help/advice reguarding this issue. I appreciate everyone's resonses.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
turtlebuster100
2xwarned

Male Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Need Help, please read before passing judgement!   Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:41 pm

try 2 start up a donation site
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need Help, please read before passing judgement!   

Back to top Go down

Need Help, please read before passing judgement!
Page 1 of 1