Pit Bull Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So I got to thinking....

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Prison Blue Pit Bulls

Prison Blue Pit Bulls

Female Number of posts : 310
Registration date : 2008-06-06

So I got to thinking.... Empty
PostSubject: So I got to thinking....   So I got to thinking.... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 6:48 am

I met a hearing impaired girl who would like a puppy from me. She is on fixed income, I agreed to give her half off since she seems susper sweet and wants a nice pet for herself. Anyway, I started to think....I think I want to talk her into getting the puppy into animal therapy and will provide a complete refund of her money once it's certified and I see documentation she followed through. Should I go ahead and suggest it? What does every think of this? It would be so awesome to see a dog I produced be a breed ambassador like that. I'd love to see Reagan's baby visiting schools, retirement homes and children's hospitals.
Back to top Go down
http://prisonbluepitbulls.webs.com
turtlebuster100
2xwarned

Male Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Re: So I got to thinking....   So I got to thinking.... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 5:12 pm

that would be good 4 more then 1 reason Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lovemypits
Admin
Admin
lovemypits

Female Number of posts : 1708
Registration date : 2007-03-30

PostSubject: Re: So I got to thinking....   So I got to thinking.... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 5:47 pm

I think it's a great idea. I love seeing pictures of pit bulls at nursing homes loving up on the elderly Smile
Back to top Go down
pitmamma
pitmamma

Female Number of posts : 1414
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: So I got to thinking....   So I got to thinking.... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 7:09 pm

That is a great idea.....If she is on a fixed income and being hearing impaired, is she in a position to take the dog to that sort of training?
Back to top Go down
wmssh

wmssh

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2008-09-26

PostSubject: Re: So I got to thinking....   So I got to thinking.... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 7:48 pm

they make great hearing service dogs as well as just therapy dogs, i did therapy work with a couple of mine but never found a place to certify them, so i just took them in along with a leash trained cat i once had
Back to top Go down
Prison Blue Pit Bulls

Prison Blue Pit Bulls

Female Number of posts : 310
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: So I got to thinking....   So I got to thinking.... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 9:29 pm

I'm not really sure. I am sure there is someone who could help her get her dog into that kind of training, someone suggested to me to tell her to just put the purchase price towards it instead of the dog.

If anyone has any websites I can check out info, post them up.
Back to top Go down
http://prisonbluepitbulls.webs.com
lovemypits
Admin
Admin
lovemypits

PostSubject: Re: So I got to thinking....   So I got to thinking.... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 12:39 am

http://www.tdi-dog.org

I was training my dogs in hopes of getting them into the TDI program. Mostly I just trained with another girl that knew the ins and outs of therapy. I didn't pay anything.. of course.. I got lax with training and my dogs just couldn't get the leave it when I dropped a hot dog.. lmaooo..
Back to top Go down
lovemypits
Admin
Admin
lovemypits

PostSubject: Re: So I got to thinking....   So I got to thinking.... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 12:40 am

Not sure why the link is not working.. but that is Therapy Dogs International website Wink
Back to top Go down
pitmamma
pitmamma

Female Number of posts : 1414
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: So I got to thinking....   So I got to thinking.... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 12:44 am

Sounds like a great idea..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So I got to thinking....   So I got to thinking.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So I got to thinking....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pit Bull Family :: Dog Discussion :: Pit Bull Related-
Jump to: