Pit Bull Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New from Central Louisiana

Go down 
+3
lovemypits
pitmamma
windracr
7 posters
AuthorMessage
windracr

windracr

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2008-10-21

New from Central Louisiana Empty
PostSubject: New from Central Louisiana   New from Central Louisiana Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 12:51 am

Hello everyone.

My name is Stephen, and I live in Central Louisiana.

I have had two Pit Bulls in my 36 years. My first was a 45 lb. brindle, Queen, that I got from my uncle. He bred them at the time. She was famous in our small town. She went everywhere our '74 Blazer went. Even though it sat on 33" mud tires, there was no need to open the door for her...she would just jump through the window! She ruled our house for 13 years.

My second was Suzy. Some may argue this, but she was the BEST dog that ever lived. She was not the normal puppy. Her mission in life was to please me. I can't remember her ever doing anything wrong. Her post was always at my side...no matter what. If I went up a ladder, she slept at the bottom till I came down. Sadly, she joined my lab mix in an altercation with a pack of coyotes, and lost. She was so sweet, she probably didn't even put up a fight. The lab lived, but had several broken teeth, and was pretty ripped up. After seeing the look in his eyes, I felt like he did all he could to save his friend. He and I got our revenge later. (Coyotes LOVE watermelons!)

I currently do not have a dog. I have been looking, which is how I found this site. I will continue to look but you can bet when I get another dog it will be a Pit Bull.
Back to top Go down
pitmamma
pitmamma

Female Number of posts : 1414
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: New from Central Louisiana   New from Central Louisiana Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 1:20 am

Welcome Windracr. Glad to have you aboard Very Happy
Sorry to hear about Suzy. That is such a tough way to lose one Sad and isn't revenge so bitter sweet.
Back to top Go down
pitmamma
pitmamma

Female Number of posts : 1414
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: New from Central Louisiana   New from Central Louisiana Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 1:21 am

Oh BTW, cute little girl....
Back to top Go down
lovemypits
Admin
Admin
lovemypits

Female Number of posts : 1708
Registration date : 2007-03-30

PostSubject: Re: New from Central Louisiana   New from Central Louisiana Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 1:50 am

Welcome Stephen!! Sounds like you have had some great dogs! Sorry for the loss of Suzy.
Back to top Go down
windracr

windracr

PostSubject: Re: New from Central Louisiana   New from Central Louisiana Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 1:53 am

I didn't want to hunt coyotes, but where I live they have become overpopulated. They destroyed my watermelon crop.

Glad to be here. Hopefully I can post a pic soon of a new addition to the family.
Back to top Go down
midwest_showdogs
midwest_showdogs

Male Number of posts : 457
Registration date : 2007-10-27

PostSubject: Re: New from Central Louisiana   New from Central Louisiana Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 2:41 am

happy your here, i love when a person on here says that thye have the best dog that ever lived it shows the true side of a person when you think yours are the best and if you dont then maybe you should not have the dogs u have!!!
Back to top Go down
rednya

rednya

Female Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-10-18

PostSubject: Re: New from Central Louisiana   New from Central Louisiana Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 4:49 pm

welcome! Very sad story, your dogs sounded wonderful. Good luck with your search for your new baby!
Back to top Go down
suki
suki

Female Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: New from Central Louisiana   New from Central Louisiana Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 11:39 pm

welcome and glad you found us!
NO doubt, pit bulls RULE!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/suki9259
windracr

windracr

PostSubject: Re: New from Central Louisiana   New from Central Louisiana Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 3:35 am

Thanks all.

I'm glad I found you too. It's nice to talk to people who understand the breed.

Suki, doesn't Louis Colby live in your area?
Back to top Go down
Attila

Attila

Male Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2007-05-26

PostSubject: Re: New from Central Louisiana   New from Central Louisiana Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 3:14 am

hello and welcom
Back to top Go down
windracr

windracr

PostSubject: Re: New from Central Louisiana   New from Central Louisiana Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 3:22 am

Thanks Attila
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New from Central Louisiana   New from Central Louisiana Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New from Central Louisiana
Page 1 of 1