Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistLog in

Share | 

Pictures of my trip to Texas and back!!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
lovemypits
Admin
Admin
lovemypits

Female Number of posts : 1708
Registration date : 2007-03-30

PostSubject: Pictures of my trip to Texas and back!!   Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:58 pm

At the last min my friend called me and asked me to go with her quick to TX. I had over a week of vac time left and thought.... eh.. why not?

First we had to drop the doggies off at the vet for boarding...

The first bigger city we went through was St. Louis ( Illinois is too boring for pictures).

We went through Tulsa and ended up staying the night in Oklahoma City. Thankfully the hotels we stayed in for the trip had fitness centers so I could still work out daily before we hit the road! Then we came to Dallas... and some wonderful weather!

And... we finally made it to Austin!! The reason for our trip??? My friends new lemonade/corn dog wagon!

We ended up staying the night in Austin while my friend decided to buy the wagon or not.. and the next morning we went to Home Depot. These birds were EVERYWHERE! They lined the trucks beds and roofs!

The guys just lined the road on all sides at Home Depot. They kept rushing my friends truck looking for work..

Well... She decided to purchase the wagon.. and we hooked up! Of course, this is when we were about to learn that the trailer was HEAVY and we could only do 50mph the whole ride home!

Here's Dallas the next day, minus the rain!

We got a late start Thursday, so we only made it as far as Texarkana before we had to sleep again... here we are on our way to...

Yep that's right...

Well, just as we got into Little Rock we saw these little guys running down the freeway. We stopped and grabbed them and another woman stopped and we put them in the back of her SUV and she said she'd clean them up and had a perfect home in mind for them...

I wasn't paying attention to my picture taking.. so this is the only pic I got of Little Rock. It was my first time going through AR and it was prettier than I expected. MMM... and we had the best catfish and BBQ!

My attempt at a night pic of St. Louis...

As much as I can't stand WI ... this was a beautiful site to see!!!

Just some general pictures in WI

Thanks for looking!! Now I can just count down till my next trip out of state (27 days Smile ).. i'll be staying away from driving though!! Comfy airline seats here I come Smile

pitmamma

Female Number of posts : 1414
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Pictures of my trip to Texas and back!!   Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:53 pm

What no picts of Tulsa?...It is such a beautiful city lol.....
Sounds like ya'll had a blast.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
midwest_showdogs
midwest_showdogs

Male Number of posts : 457
Registration date : 2007-10-27

PostSubject: Re: Pictures of my trip to Texas and back!!   Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:07 am

im upset you could of came up here to my place it might of took u out of the way maybe 2 hrs.

He who hangs with fools becomes one!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lovemypits
Admin
Admin
lovemypits

Female Number of posts : 1708
Registration date : 2007-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Pictures of my trip to Texas and back!!   Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:21 am

Well we rolled through Tulsa too late to get pics. We took a diff route home so we could see other things.

Mike, I did ask how far away you were from springfield but Liz was in a big hurry to get to TX. We left Tues morn and HAD to be back by Sat at noon to get my dogs otherwise they would have had to stay till Monday after work. Add on another $75 to the boarding bill too!! Next time maybe i'll have more warning of a trip like this and we can plan a route better stop in and visit you and Patty Smile

windracr

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2008-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Pictures of my trip to Texas and back!!   Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:47 am

Guess I'm a little late, but heh...I just joined today. That was pretty interesting. Texas Hill Country is my favorite place on Earth.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pictures of my trip to Texas and back!!   

Back to top Go down

Pictures of my trip to Texas and back!!
Page 1 of 1