Pit Bull Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

THE TERM "PIT BULL"

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
jamesraymond
3x

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2007-03-04

THE TERM "PIT BULL" Empty
PostSubject: THE TERM "PIT BULL"   THE TERM "PIT BULL" Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2007 5:34 pm

IS TO LUMP MANY BREEDS INTO ONE "PIT BULL" IS NOT A ACTUAL BREED OF DOG. THE APBT IS THOUGH

WHO AGREES OR DISAGREES BECAUSE SOME PEOPLE ARE IDIOTS
Back to top Go down
jamesraymond
3x

PostSubject: Re: THE TERM "PIT BULL"   THE TERM "PIT BULL" Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2007 5:45 pm

someone give me proof and prove me wrong that the term "pit bull" is an actual breed

even though it is not
Back to top Go down
SchismaticKennels

SchismaticKennels

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: THE TERM "PIT BULL"   THE TERM "PIT BULL" Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2007 5:56 pm

No the term "pit bull" is NOT a breed, but it is a shortened form of American Pit Bull Terrier, as well as several other dogs. It is a term commonly used by owners of APBT's American Staffordshire Terriers, to describe this type of dog.

Pit bull is used to describe a dog of several different characteristics, soooo calling APBT's "Pit Bulls" is not a wrong term to use IMHO.

I have also heard them called, "bulldogs", "Pitties", "Pits".

I don't really understand where it makes someone an idiot for calling an APBT a "Pit Bull" but mmkay.

Chelle
Back to top Go down
jamesraymond
3x

PostSubject: Re: THE TERM "PIT BULL"   THE TERM "PIT BULL" Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2007 5:56 pm

don't be shy come on

I know a lot of you in here know everything about the breed so come on.

I mean you watch dogs ****.... I bet 3/4 of the breeders in here are BYB's
Back to top Go down
MidnightSkyKnl
MidnightSkyKnl

Female Number of posts : 354
Registration date : 2007-05-06

PostSubject: Re: THE TERM "PIT BULL"   THE TERM "PIT BULL" Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2007 6:04 pm

jamesraymond wrote:
don't be shy come on

No one will ever know everything about a breed of dog other then the original creators of the breed. All you can do is keep learning from reading up on history and learning from personal experiences.

Ouestion???
I thought this group was non-tolerant of bashing?? It seems to me hes trying to bash breeders in general other then when the mods to this board come in and say something.JMHO

Amanda
Back to top Go down
http://www.midnightskykennels.com
SchismaticKennels

SchismaticKennels

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: THE TERM "PIT BULL"   THE TERM "PIT BULL" Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2007 6:05 pm

Talking serious not being an asshole, but what do you consider a BYB. I just want the breakdown. Most don't consider owners that train their dogs for wp or show bybs.

I really don't understand how someone that never sells a dog is considered a BYB.

I don't claim to know everything, in fact I don't I don't have half the experience that most breeders do, and I learn from them every single day. But being blantanly attacked isn't solving BSL problems either, all it does is show that we can't talk to each other and learn from each other all we can do is blast one another and make things worse because no one is banding.
Back to top Go down
jamesraymond
3x

PostSubject: Re: THE TERM "PIT BULL"   THE TERM "PIT BULL" Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2007 6:06 pm

Wrong I am friends with some of the breeders on here. The ones who actually do things the right way..

Pit bull is not a breed of dog it is a term to lump many dogs together
Back to top Go down
mindovermatter

mindovermatter

Female Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: THE TERM "PIT BULL"   THE TERM "PIT BULL" Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2007 6:06 pm

This toppic is now locked as well...
Back to top Go down
bullygirl807

bullygirl807

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2007-05-06

PostSubject: Re: THE TERM "PIT BULL"   THE TERM "PIT BULL" Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2007 6:07 pm

jamesraymond wrote:
don't be shy come on

If you came here to educate, that's great but try doing it with some class........ No one in here knows everything and its wrong of you to classify people without knowing who or what they are about.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE TERM "PIT BULL"   THE TERM "PIT BULL" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THE TERM "PIT BULL"
Page 1 of 1