Pit Bull Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Redboy Orgin Debate...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
blacksunshine

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Redboy Orgin Debate... Empty
PostSubject: Redboy Orgin Debate...   Redboy Orgin Debate... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 10:01 pm

Maybe you guys are familiar with this popular topic.. this is an article from one of the top breeders alive today.

RED BOY DOGS

For many years I have heard about Red Boy dogs. One of the first persons to popularize them was Katie Marlow also known as Carolina Kitten. She owned Triangle Acres Kennels. Her boyfriend, The Tom Cat, helped her to take care and handle the dogs. I heard, Red Boy dogs were extremely game with no mouth. Red Boy dogs are predominantly red nose and came from the Carolinas. My first thought of Red Boy dogs was, that they were probably Hemphill blood. Why I thought that is because they were red nose and Bob Hemphill was from S. Carolina. I always heard they were Colby blood from Howard Teal. I would see some of Howard’s dogs at conventions at Earl Adams in TN. I don’t ever remember any of Howard’s dogs looking like Red Boy or what he produced. So I started thinking about it more and more. I thought back years ago about other people that had Colby’s bloodline and I don’t remember any of them having dogs like the Red Boy dogs. I thought about people like Bob Neblett, Blair Hetrick’s, Walter Komosinski, J.R. Loposay and of the old Colby dogs. Many years ago I was up to Fergy’s place and he had just received 6 dogs from Medlin from his Outlaw blood. There was no Red Boy blood in them. As I thought about Medlin’s Outlaw dogs without Red Boy blood in them, none of them including Fergy’s were like Red Boy dogs. The 6 dogs that Fergy had were all ten-minute curs. Medlin’s Outlaw and Bass’ Red Boy Tramp were suppose to be half brothers from Teal’s Jeff.

Over the years from seeing and becoming more familiar with Red Boy dogs my opinion changed where they came from. I would see dogs like Deacon and his brother Hunter Red and feel sure there was Hemphill blood in them. Deacon and Hunter Red could pass for our dog Maud’s littermates. Maud was pure Hemphill bloodlines. As I began to see more Red Boy dogs my opinion changed more and more. When I saw Bailey’s Bingo I thought he could pass for Ch. Iron Bear’s twin brother. Especially the white on the muzzle, his mouth and the shape of his front end. Where my opinion greatly changed was when I acquired a pup named Tramp. Tramp’s sire was Deacon, his dam was Bailey and Long’s Blitz. Another occasion was when I acquired Jackel, her sire was Bingo and her dam was Lock’s Bliss. Bliss was a full sister to White’s Tab and Ch. Tramp. I bred Tramp to Jackel and the pups grew up to look like their parents.
The look of conformation of Tramp, Jackal and their pups were like our female Gr. Ch. Koko and Corvino’s Shorty.

One of the rumors that I heard about Red Boy dogs was, they come from a dog from South Eastern United States by the name of Ch. Whino. Whino bloodline was from Corvino’s Shorty. Another rumor that Bobby Holland, Yankee Boys and others would tell was that Bass claimed Red Boy’s blood came from TN. that Herbert Storms, Vera Storm’s husband, sent to TN. I knew a lot of people in TN. had similar bloodline like Storms.
If anybody has ever seen the pedigree on Storm’s Dibo, Dibo’s dam Stacy’s Taxi and on the topside of the pedigree you will see names like Christie’s Go Go and others. I first encountered George Christie back in the late 60’s early 70’s. George use to advertise in Bloodline Journal. Last time I talked to George he was on his deathbed in the middle 80’s. George and I had some similar stock from some Creed’s dogs. These dogs were based off Louis Baker’s dogs Shorty and Jack.
These were from the Red Devil bloodline.
George Christie sent Herbert Swafford Red Devil bred dogs to TN.
Clarence Yates sent Herbert Swafford (Bred like Spike) and Earl Adams dogs that created Cajun Lulu and Sunset.
If Red Boy was truly from the dogs from TN. This would explain the Hemphill/Red Devil look from Red Boy dogs that are ¾ or pure. I don’t believe this stock is from the Storm’s Dibo but from stock bred similar to her.
By the way, George also owned littermates to Ch. Iron Spike R.O.M.
I believe Red Boy is 75 to 80% Red Devil from Frank Creed of his Corvino/Clouse breeding
from his Stabber and Red Devil dogs.
The rest, 20 to 25% was of Hemphill blood of Herbert Storms or George’s stock off Wilder’s Mitzie,
(Spike’s older brother and sisters or litter mates).

Bass’ Cleo’s pedigree has never been in great question. Cleo’s father was Loposay’s Cash. Cash’s father was Loposay’s Bouncer. Bouncer was a littermate brother to Wise’s Sister Sue, inbred Ross’ Red Devil.
Thus making Bass’ Cleo 25% Ross’ Red Devil bloodline.
If you believe Bass’ Red Boy Tramp’s pedigree is correct his dam would be Mcleod’s Susie Q Gal. Susie Q Gal’s dam side would be Frank’s Sugar, Sugar’s mother’s side was pure Creed bloodlines from Rizer’s Bonnie, her sire was Geltz’ Tuffy, Ross’ Red Devil’s littermate brother, Bonnie’s dam was Lady Elgin, Lady Elgin’s pedigree appears in the old Your Friend and Mine published by Pete Sparks.
If my memory serves me right when Lady Elgin was bred to Tuffy it was line breeding like grandfather to granddaughter.

So whichever way you want to believe that Red Boy dogs are bred the FACT remaining is,
there are Ross’ Red Devil bloodlines in the Bass’ Red Boy Tramp bloodlines.

Ross’ Red Devil was predominantly made up of Corvino’s Shorty bloodline. Shorty’s sire was Bruce’s Jerry,
Jerry was from Con Feeley stock of the “Old Family Reds”.

Until next time………………
Yours-in-Sport

D.M. (Iron Mike) Norrod
Back to top Go down
blacksunshine

PostSubject: Re: Redboy Orgin Debate...   Redboy Orgin Debate... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 10:16 pm

The reason i posted this is because Iron Mike must truly believe this with all his being, because he’s using the redboy blood to cross into his "public" bloodline of Norrod dogs.
(i say "public" cause Norrod actually runs the hybrid crosses you see on his website and he also keeps pure hemphill, creed, boudreaux, and redboy brood dogs)

it makes sense because of both the common coloration, and how both lines are known to be very deep game but not so powerful in the jaws..

IN THIS CASE, LET’S SUPPOSE THAT REDBOY IS A OFRN, ALMOST ALL BLOODLINES HAVE OLD FAMILY GENETICS IN THE GENE POOL.. MAYBE IT NICKED WELL BECAUSE OF THAT..
what about this..has any other Colby bred dog made an impact like Redboy has? i mean where you can cross it with anything and it helps.. we all know colby dogs are nice and it never hurts the quality of a breeding line, but has any colby dog changed the game like redboy has? NO!

and here’s ANOTHER Urban Legend to factor in....the Finley’s "Bo" pedigree debate..
the one we all know..
http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=4

and the other possible pedigree
http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=267507

Interesting...
Back to top Go down
blacksunshine

PostSubject: Re: Redboy Orgin Debate...   Redboy Orgin Debate... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 10:19 pm

The truth is, it doesn’t matter how they are "really" bred. or whether the good stuff comes from a redistributing of Colby’s "Dime" blood or if it comes from a reintroduction of OFRN/Lightner blood...

Fact is, when the two lines combined it was a historical breeding. (my personal opinion is that Redboy was a OFRN bred dog and Bo is Colby bred. because Redboy lines show the same Characteristics as tight OFRN lines.. and Bo is pretty typical of what you’d expect from the Colby line...)

When Bo was bred to honeybunch the resulting offspring were a three-way cross of DIME/DIBO/OFRN. when the REDBOY blood was brought into the Jeep Blood there was a reconfiguring of the same three-way cross, depending on your personal opinion, either more Colby or more OFRN.

Anyway, this wasn't meant to change minds.. just to make people think. Hope you enjoyed it!
Back to top Go down
CHATNJACK

Male Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2007-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Redboy Orgin Debate...   Redboy Orgin Debate... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 10:34 pm

*POST DELETED BY AUTHOR*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Redboy Orgin Debate...   Redboy Orgin Debate... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Redboy Orgin Debate...
Page 1 of 1