Pit Bull Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dog Registry

Go down 
+5
Boogieman
sedaliapridekennels
215pitts
pitmamma
alfisher3
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
alfisher3

Number of posts : 215
Registration date : 2007-11-05

Dog Registry Empty
PostSubject: Dog Registry   Dog Registry Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 4:25 pm

What is your registry of choice for pit bulls and why?
Back to top Go down
alfisher3

Dog Registry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dog Registry   Dog Registry Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 4:27 pm

My registry of choice is ADBA, and that's only b/c I personally like the old standards they set for the breed and I hope in the future we will see more of those standards in place for the future of this breed.
Back to top Go down
pitmamma
pitmamma

Female Number of posts : 1414
Registration date : 2007-06-22

Dog Registry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dog Registry   Dog Registry Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 7:10 pm

I would have to say ADBA. I guess the reason would be...hmm...it is the 'well known" registry. I have heard a lot of people talk about how they prefer hand written peds but a person would have to be in the 'circle' and for this day and time you need the registry to do conformation. If you were hog hunting or someting like that, then it probably wouldn't matter. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
215pitts

Male Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2008-01-31

Dog Registry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dog Registry   Dog Registry Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 11:29 pm

It's very hard these days to choose!
Back to top Go down
sedaliapridekennels

sedaliapridekennels

Male Number of posts : 932
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Dog Registry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dog Registry   Dog Registry Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 8:45 pm

well dont really care for ADBA but my dogs are registured through them to mutch politics and money involved with that registry. I did like AADR better than adba because they were more into the standard. Dont care for Andrea now so I would still say DELTA Dog Breeders Accocation.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/sedaliapitbulls
Boogieman

Boogieman

Male Number of posts : 175
Registration date : 2007-10-06

Dog Registry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dog Registry   Dog Registry Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 8:48 pm

sedaliapridekennels wrote:
well dont really care for ADBA but my dogs are registured through them to mutch politics and money involved with that registry. I did like AADR better than adba because they were more into the standard. Dont care for Andrea now so I would still say DELTA Dog Breeders Accocation.

hmmmm don't like the adba cuz you never won nothing with your dogs.

mmmmm don't like the aadr cuz you never won nothing with your dogs.......oh and had your club closed down by them.

who the heck is the delta dba? lol
Back to top Go down
sedaliapridekennels

sedaliapridekennels

Dog Registry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dog Registry   Dog Registry Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 8:49 pm

Delta was owned by Artie Dunn who Passed away I mannaged to have the opportunity to meet him and sit down and chat dogs with him before he passed away at the late age of the 90's not the year the age i dont rember exactelly how old he was but anywhey Artie Created the registry olmost 20 years ago for hog hunters along the missippi delta including missippi Arkansas Missouri Tennassee i belive there was a few more states in there aswell.. But anywhey When artie dunn Passed away he Gave the Registry To Atilla who Let Artie's Son Handle the Registry. I have not got a chance to talk to artie's sun about it to mutch but Atilla would be able to give you more information on it. The history of this registry is awsome.
Back to top Go down
sedaliapridekennels

sedaliapridekennels

Dog Registry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dog Registry   Dog Registry Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 8:50 pm

Rolling Eyes

Last edited by pitmamma on Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Deleted no drama needed.....)
Back to top Go down
alfisher3

Dog Registry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dog Registry   Dog Registry Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 8:53 pm

Has anyone here heard of the BFKC, that's Bonafide Kennel Club, they actually have a legit registry similar to that of the ADBA, but they hold very tight restrictions on size and weight keeping the dogs closer to standard.
Back to top Go down
sedaliapridekennels

sedaliapridekennels

Dog Registry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dog Registry   Dog Registry Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 8:54 pm

I have actually herd from them but dont know who has dogs registured with them. But i heve herd they are a dam good registry.

and for your informaiton
DELTA Dog Breeders Association is
DDBA

Last edited by sedaliapridekennels on Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Boogieman

Boogieman

Dog Registry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dog Registry   Dog Registry Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 8:55 pm

Very Happy

Last edited by pitmamma on Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Deleted)
Back to top Go down
sedaliapridekennels

sedaliapridekennels

Dog Registry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dog Registry   Dog Registry Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 8:57 pm

Shocked

Last edited by pitmamma on Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:16 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Deleted)
Back to top Go down
sedaliapridekennels

sedaliapridekennels

Dog Registry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dog Registry   Dog Registry Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 8:58 pm

Cool

Last edited by pitmamma on Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:17 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Deleted)
Back to top Go down
alfisher3

Dog Registry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dog Registry   Dog Registry Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 8:58 pm

Boogie have you have of the Bonafide Kennel Club? And the DDBA is a legit registry although at this time it's not progressing, but there are legit dogmen that use this registry one of them I know has the tightest bred boudreaux dogs in the state of Arkansas.
Back to top Go down
sedaliapridekennels

sedaliapridekennels

Dog Registry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dog Registry   Dog Registry Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 9:00 pm

i think i know that person i think magyar came from that yard LOL
Back to top Go down
sedaliapridekennels

sedaliapridekennels

Dog Registry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dog Registry   Dog Registry Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 9:01 pm

In if you havn,t figured I have not showed a dog through delta I respect the dogmen that came from that registry. Its an oldschool registry kept up on standard and ment for the active Performance dog in hog hunting.

Last edited by sedaliapridekennels on Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
alfisher3

Dog Registry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dog Registry   Dog Registry Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 9:01 pm

Yup I'm talking about Will, he's got IMO the tightest bred Boudreaux dogs in the state. And they are definately performance dogs.
Back to top Go down
sedaliapridekennels

sedaliapridekennels

Dog Registry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dog Registry   Dog Registry Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 9:02 pm

did he get a pedagree sent to you preatty nice arn,t they.
Back to top Go down
Boogieman

Boogieman

Dog Registry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dog Registry   Dog Registry Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 9:02 pm

alfisher3 wrote:
Boogie have you have of the Bonafide Kennel Club? And the DDBA is a legit registry although at this time it's not progressing, but there are legit dogmen that use this registry one of them I know has the tightest bred boudreaux dogs in the state of Arkansas.
Oh I know plenty of people that use the aadr. I know nobody that uses the bonafide kennel club. I was going to register my dogs with the AADR and even had the paperwork sent off right when they were arrested. I since have got the paperwork back and did NOT register my dogs with them. We'll see how things go in the future I may take a look at them again. I strictly stay with the ADBA.
Back to top Go down
alfisher3

Dog Registry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dog Registry   Dog Registry Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 9:03 pm

The pedigrees are excellent but you know how I feel about a Pedigree, the Pedigree doesn't make the dog, the dog makes the pedigree. But either yes, the pedigree is nice and the dogs are even better.
Back to top Go down
sedaliapridekennels

sedaliapridekennels

Dog Registry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dog Registry   Dog Registry Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 9:04 pm

Just like the dogs should be Huge teeth strong jaws and overall performance dog.

Not to mention Smart Active and Overall great dogs.
Back to top Go down
alfisher3

Dog Registry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dog Registry   Dog Registry Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 9:04 pm

I don't use AADR, but I assure you BFKC is a serious registry for performance dogs. If I ever decide to dual register and I don't think I will, no need b/c I like the ADBA, but I would dual reg w/ BFKC in a heartbeat.
Back to top Go down
sedaliapridekennels

sedaliapridekennels

Dog Registry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dog Registry   Dog Registry Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 9:05 pm

hey Alfisher can you send me any information i would probally like to do a transfer of registry on magyar with them and try them out.
Back to top Go down
Boogieman

Boogieman

Dog Registry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dog Registry   Dog Registry Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 9:06 pm

alfisher3 wrote:
I don't use AADR, but I assure you BFKC is a serious registry for performance dogs. If I ever decide to dual register and I don't think I will, no need b/c I like the ADBA, but I would dual reg w/ BFKC in a heartbeat.
I don't know anything about them, or anybody that has dogs registered through them. I may do a little research on them just for the sake of knowing. Any links?
Back to top Go down
alfisher3

Dog Registry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dog Registry   Dog Registry Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 9:07 pm

http://www.bfkc.org/ that's their online web link and contact information, their rules are like any of the major registries requiring a minimum 3 gen pedigree I think, but I know Will has like the history of those dogs as far back as 40 years or more so it shouldn't be a problem.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dog Registry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dog Registry   Dog Registry Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dog Registry
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next