Pit Bull Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FLORIDA BSL SNEAKING THROUGH THE CRACKS.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ultimatek9

Female Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2007-12-12

FLORIDA BSL SNEAKING THROUGH THE CRACKS. Empty
PostSubject: FLORIDA BSL SNEAKING THROUGH THE CRACKS.   FLORIDA BSL SNEAKING THROUGH THE CRACKS. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 2:03 pm

Please Post, Cross-Post, and Forward to everyone that might care.
This is the new information I have received over the past few days about HB101.

It looks like Representative Thurston found a way to have HB101 passed. Even though HB101 was considered "dead", due to not having a sponsor in the senate, it is alive again. HB101 has been attached to another bill that is pretty much guaranteed to be passed.

Here is the info I have so far:

Quote :
Hi All,

I received an alert that HB101, the bill that allows for Breed Specific Legislation despite Florida's constitutional ban on BSL, will be attached to one of two other animal related bills. HB1227 prohibits sexual activities with animals, sponsored by Bill Heller, a Democrat from Pinellas County. SB744 is the identical Senate Companion Bill and is sponsored by Nan Rich, a Democrat from Broward/Miami-Dade.

As soon as I have the contact info, I will post it on the first page of my rescue's website www.phoenixanimalrescue.org so you can write the legislators and their assistants to STOP this attachment. If HB101 is attached, and the bill it is attached to passes, HB101 passes. Not too many people will want to stop passage of a bill that prohibits sexual activities with animals, so it is VERY LIKELY that HB101 will just sneak through. This will set a DANGEROUS PRECEDENT for other municipalities in FL to override the State's ban on BSL.

Please take the time to forward this information to everyone you can think of. This requires IMMEDIATE action to STOP THE ATTACHMENT OF HB101 to any other bill.

Thank you for all you do for animals,

Michelle

It was confirmed by my friend, who is the president of the Mid Florida American Pit Bull Terrier Association.

Quote :
All,

I was in a meeting today in Orlando for the National Animal Interest Alliance Florida chapter and it is true that it appears the content of the bill will be attached to the bill referenced below! As I have more information I will certainly share it.

Lisa
Mid Florida APBTA

This is just evil. What a conniving way to prevent the public from fighting it.
I have contacted Representative Heller in reference to this new information. I have not received a response as of yet.
I have checked the state's legislation website and found no mention of HB 101 being attached to HB 1227, at least where the public can see.
You can check out the states website for more info at
http://www.myfloridahouse.gov/Sections/Bills/billsdetail.aspx?BillId=39024

I will update everyone as I get more information.

Carla Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.SuperPitBulls.com
pitmamma
pitmamma

Female Number of posts : 1414
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: FLORIDA BSL SNEAKING THROUGH THE CRACKS.   FLORIDA BSL SNEAKING THROUGH THE CRACKS. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 6:43 pm

That just sucks...always thought politicians were snakes Mad
Back to top Go down
ultimatek9

PostSubject: Re: FLORIDA BSL SNEAKING THROUGH THE CRACKS.   FLORIDA BSL SNEAKING THROUGH THE CRACKS. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 9:18 pm

Okay, this is the email that I just got.

Quote :
Morning,

No, the language from HB 101 will not be added to HB 1227 – now or at any time in the future. I am not sure where this information is coming from, but it is not correct. Also, unfortunately, HB 1227 is likely to be dead for this session. So even if it was added, it would be going nowhere. The House is pretty much done with committees for the year, so the chances of HB 1227 getting heard is slim to none.

As you may know, we took over HB1227 when Rep. Peterman left the House, and we had very little time to get it agended. We hope to do better next year. Let me know if you have more questions.

Merritt Martin
Office of Representative Bill Heller

So it looks like hopefully the original information I received was incorrect. Hopefully, this is not the representatives just trying to cover up their intentions.
Back to top Go down
marlenadee

marlenadee

Female Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: FLORIDA BSL SNEAKING THROUGH THE CRACKS.   FLORIDA BSL SNEAKING THROUGH THE CRACKS. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 9:42 pm

What would one do to oppose this if it were in fact an attempt to slip it under our noses???? I live in mid florida and am very concerned here and anywhere in the country!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=marlenadee
pitmamma
pitmamma

Female Number of posts : 1414
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: FLORIDA BSL SNEAKING THROUGH THE CRACKS.   FLORIDA BSL SNEAKING THROUGH THE CRACKS. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 9:44 pm

I hope it doesn't get added. That is too sneaky. People need to be able to vote on the issue at hand and not a bunch of crap that is shoved under the carpet (so to speak).
Back to top Go down
ultimatek9

PostSubject: More Info, 4/9/08   FLORIDA BSL SNEAKING THROUGH THE CRACKS. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 2:58 am

Here is the most recent info that I have received.

Quote :

-----Original Message-----
To: BewareGoodDog
Sent: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 11:23 am
Subject: HB 101 NOT A DEAD BILL!!!!!!

I received an email stating HB 101 may be added to another 'animal related
bill' in session, thereby passing inconjunction with that bill!! I called
the Committee on Agribusiness at 850-488-5465, and spoke with an extremely
helpful person that gave me further details. She said there was nothing on
file at the moment that stated that was happening, however that was not to
say it couldn't. She said HB119 had been withdrawn, SB744 had not been
heard by any committies, and HB1227 was 'not moving'. HOWEVER, she said to
keep an eye on Agri Bills HB5055 and 5077, because HB 101 could potentially
be attached to them. The Session ends May 2nd, so our fight is not over yet!
I have to work Saturday, so I'm unable to attend this excellent 'sit-in' you
have organized, but I'm spreading the word to EVERYONE I know, so I hope you have a great turn-out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FLORIDA BSL SNEAKING THROUGH THE CRACKS.   FLORIDA BSL SNEAKING THROUGH THE CRACKS. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FLORIDA BSL SNEAKING THROUGH THE CRACKS.
Page 1 of 1