Pit Bull Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fight HB 101 -- Send A Letter

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ultimatek9

Female Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2007-12-12

Fight HB 101 -- Send A Letter Empty
PostSubject: Fight HB 101 -- Send A Letter   Fight HB 101 -- Send A Letter Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 7:54 pm

I received this email from the ASPCA earlier today.

Dear Florida Animal Advocates,
A new state bill before your House of Representatives, HB 101, would allow any Florida community or city to adopt regulations that target or ban specific dog breeds.
While there is no evidence that breed-specific laws reduce dog attacks or increase public safety, there is significant evidence that well-enforced, breed neutral laws do. The ASPCA believes that breed-specific legislation provides communities with a false sense of security, fails to protect the public and penalizes responsible dog owners.
What You Can Do
Please visit the ASPCA Advocacy Center (https://secure2.convio.net/aspca/site/Advocacy?cmd=display&page=UserAction&id=2345) to send an email to your state representative urging him or her to oppose this groundless legislation.
Please remember that legislators get a lot of email, and the addition of your own thoughts on this topic will make your email stand out to your representative.
Thank you, Florida, for helping animals and supporting the ASPCA.

I just sent my letter. This is what I said.

Breed specific legislation only affects responsible owners. Since the majority of the attacks that occur involve unconfined, unlicensed, and unneutered animals; look at enforcing the laws that already exist that would prevent this scenario.
I own several of your so called breeds of dangerous dogs.

My Akita is 8 years old. He has his AKC Canine Good Citizen Award and has been visiting nursing homes, as a Certified Therapy Dog, for almost 6 years now.

My Dogo Argentino is 14 months and also has his Canine Good Citizen Award and is a Certified Therapy Dog. He is also in training in agility, flyball, and obedience in hopes of competing with him later this year.

I also have three American Pit Bull Terriers.
My 14 month old APBT has his Canine Good Citizen Award and is a Certified Therapy Dog. He also just received his UKC Championship in conformation.

My 16 month old APBT has his Canine Good Citizen Award and is a Certified Therapy Dog. He has 16 points toward his ADBA Championship. He is also in training in obedience and agility, and will start competing in both later this year.

My 21 month old APBT has his Canine Good Citizen Award, is a Certified Therapy Dog, has his Herding Instinct Certification, and his Flyball Dog, Flyball Dog Excellent, and Flyball Dog Champion titles. He has 13 points towards his ACE (weightpull) title in ADBA. He is also in training in agility, and novice and utility obedience. Above everything else he is a Certified Service Dog for my husband.

Breed Bans are unconstitutional (reference the Fourteenth Amendment) and BSL against "pitbulls" would violate my husband's rights as set forth by several federal laws granting access rights to assistance dogs including: The Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Sections 501 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Back to top Go down
http://www.SuperPitBulls.com

Fight HB 101 -- Send A Letter
Page 1 of 1