Pit Bull Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Conformation help!

Go down 
+7
Boogieman
TriStateAPBT
bullygirl807
freekypixie
Dunlap
3P Kennels
pit4life
11 posters
AuthorMessage
pit4life

pit4life

Female Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2007-03-25

Conformation help! Empty
PostSubject: Conformation help!   Conformation help! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2007 3:50 pm

Conformation help! AprilMFAPBTAShow091

Conformation help! AprilMFAPBTAShow063

Conformation help! AprilMFAPBTAShow056

How is Roxy's conformation? How should I have her standing/stacking? Any tips?

All information and help is welcome, thank you!
Back to top Go down
3P Kennels

3P Kennels

Female Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2007-03-05

Conformation help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conformation help!   Conformation help! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2007 5:16 pm

She looks awesome in that last pic!

Stack her like she is in the last, just make sure her feet are facing forward.
She looks great! Good job with her. Who is she reg with?
Back to top Go down
pit4life

pit4life

Conformation help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conformation help!   Conformation help! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2007 9:28 pm

3P Kennels wrote:
She looks awesome in that last pic!

Stack her like she is in the last, just make sure her feet are facing forward.
She looks great! Good job with her. Who is she reg with?

Her mom was ADBA, but her dad had no papers

I have her out in fun shows, ADBA/AADR.
Back to top Go down
Dunlap
Site Owner
Site Owner
Dunlap

Male Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2007-03-04

Conformation help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conformation help!   Conformation help! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2007 12:25 am

She looks good to me except for the ears but oh well. Push her feet back a little more than what you have in the first pic and she'll "show up" a little better. I like her Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.pitbull-family.com
pit4life

pit4life

Conformation help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conformation help!   Conformation help! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2007 1:24 am

In the ADBA, the ears do not matter... although I like tight rose ears better.

Thank you, I have been trying to push her a little out more.
Back to top Go down
freekypixie

freekypixie

Female Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2007-03-06

Conformation help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conformation help!   Conformation help! Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2007 2:19 am

you going to want those back feet out farther.....is she rowdy in the ring? if so its to your advantage because stretching wil help to show more muscle tone...she could really be more worked..... but where i live its all about conditioning..... other states may not be so hard nosed about it......at any rate she is a very pretty girl........i really hope you are enjoying showing as much as i do..........its just so much fun and after you get to know everyone its just like a big family picknick every month with lots of dogs.........and lots of people who just love to talk dog.....for hours and hours and hours..........
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/pentaclepits
bullygirl807

bullygirl807

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2007-05-06

Conformation help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conformation help!   Conformation help! Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2007 2:02 pm

I agree with freeky, she could use a bit more muscle tone. Try walking her more often. They like to see the tone. She is a great looking girl though. Enjoy the shows. They're great. We just recently got into them and their great. We've met some awesome people and their sooooo much fun.
Back to top Go down
TriStateAPBT

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-02-24

Conformation help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conformation help!   Conformation help! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 8:33 pm

If you don't do this already, DO NOT show her in that thick of a collar. She has a nice neck and the thick collar only hides it. Go with an inch & half or a strong one inch one. Take a look at the dogs of serious, successful show handlers, they will almost never use a two inch, it’s just not faltering to the dog.
Back to top Go down
Boogieman

Boogieman

Male Number of posts : 175
Registration date : 2007-10-06

Conformation help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conformation help!   Conformation help! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 12:33 am

TriStateAPBT wrote:
If you don't do this already, DO NOT show her in that thick of a collar. She has a nice neck and the thick collar only hides it. Go with an inch & half or a strong one inch one. Take a look at the dogs of serious, successful show handlers, they will almost never use a two inch, it’s just not faltering to the dog.
This is definitelty good advice. I show in 1" leather collars.

Not to argue with anybody and feel free to take whomever's advice you like, but I disagree about the back legs stretched out further. If the judge is a certified judge they are going to want to see the dog stacked "squarely"(see bronson in my avatar). This means all legs straight up under the dog. The first pic you have is closest to the correct stance for showing. If the dog is stretched out you cannot see the angle of the stifle and most often it makes the dog look straight stifled. Now if the fun show has somebody who is just a fancier and likes what they like vs judging by a standard............maybe standing her stretched out would be best.

Hope that helps you.
Back to top Go down
midwest_showdogs
midwest_showdogs

Male Number of posts : 457
Registration date : 2007-10-27

Conformation help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conformation help!   Conformation help! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 12:40 am

boogie your right they want to see a 45 degree at the legs if you srenght it out then the dog looks to long
Back to top Go down
midwest_showdogs
midwest_showdogs

Male Number of posts : 457
Registration date : 2007-10-27

Conformation help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conformation help!   Conformation help! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 5:51 pm

Boogieman wrote:
pitmamma wrote:
Thank you all Very Happy

No problem. Here's another example. Although Bronson looks awesome in this pic notice how his back legs look exactly straight. NOT WHAT YOU WANT THE JUDGE TO SEE! It's fine for posing. I got other pics I will submit to the adba for the gazette though.

Conformation help! Bronsoncup2
Back to top Go down
MidnightSkyKnl
MidnightSkyKnl

Female Number of posts : 354

Conformation help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conformation help!   Conformation help! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 8:27 pm

This in my opinion is the best way to stack

Conformation help! Niceneckarchleanmean

Here they actually show you with diagrams and pictures to help explain

http://www.apbtconformation.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.midnightskykennels.com
TriStateAPBT

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-02-24

Conformation help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conformation help!   Conformation help! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 11:50 pm

Hey MidnightSkyKnl, That pic makes the dog look too "long". Meaning he is longer than he is tall (not including the neck of course). If we are talking ADBA standard, it would not be best for that dog. But it could just be how he looks in that pic. Boogieman is 100% right that the dog should be "Square", (as long as he is tall).
Back to top Go down
Boogieman

Boogieman

Conformation help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conformation help!   Conformation help! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 12:06 am

I show in the ADBA. Here is a pic of their stack and the standards the dog is judged by.

http://www.adbadog.com/uploads/conformation%20_%20weightpull%20pic/2008%20conformationBreakdwn.pdf

As I said feel free to take whatever advice you like. Bronson is 11 pts away from Gr. Ch and Lizzy is a Champion. I've been in a show or two.

Not trying to sound harsh I am strictly trying to help........but the dog also needs more conditioning.
Back to top Go down
MidnightSkyKnl
MidnightSkyKnl

Conformation help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conformation help!   Conformation help! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 12:31 am

Never said thats the way you should stack simply saying that is my personally preference the way like that one is stacked to me makes the angulation look poor
Back to top Go down
Boogieman

Boogieman

Conformation help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conformation help!   Conformation help! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 12:33 am

MidnightSkyKnl wrote:
Never said thats the way you should stack simply saying that is my personally preference the way like that one is stacked to me makes the angulation look poor
uh what picture are you talking about? my avatar or the pic i posted of him?
Back to top Go down
MidnightSkyKnl
MidnightSkyKnl

Conformation help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conformation help!   Conformation help! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 12:34 am

The one on top cant really see the avatar
Back to top Go down
Boogieman

Boogieman

Conformation help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conformation help!   Conformation help! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 12:36 am

MidnightSkyKnl wrote:
The one on top cant really see the avatar
well if you read my post you will see i told them that is an example of how NOT to stack. the avatar is correct.

this is a pretty good stack also.

Conformation help! DSC07023
Back to top Go down
MidnightSkyKnl
MidnightSkyKnl

Conformation help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conformation help!   Conformation help! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 12:44 am

This is a better example of how I think they should be stacked like i said just my opinion i'm not trying to say who is right or wrong.

Conformation help! 2_190
Back to top Go down
Patch O' Pits

Patch O' Pits

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2007-12-27

Conformation help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conformation help!   Conformation help! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 11:26 am

In the first pict of Roxy her top line is off; partly because her rear legs are slightly too far in towards her body making her look very high in the rear. However, Because her hock angel isn't too off I can see if you pull her out too much further it will mess up how her rear assembly looks so just be aware of that. In her other picts the rear looks too stretched out. Looks at the APBT conformation site, the ADBA site and also the working pit bull at how the dog should be standing naturally and that will help you stack her better.

I'm not a fan of the hand manipulated stack. I like to see a dog free stacking. With hand stacking handlers can hide faults/structural issues. I also like to see a dog move. A dog that is put together the right way will move properly and visa versa.

Form follows function Smile
Back to top Go down
alfisher3

Number of posts : 215
Registration date : 2007-11-05

Conformation help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conformation help!   Conformation help! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 6:15 pm

Well, I have never did a confirmation show in my life so hold very little opionion to my personal comment, but I think the 2nd dog posted by Midnight sky does show a better stack IMO. Nice long, lean muscle, the the rear is tucked very nice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Conformation help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conformation help!   Conformation help! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Conformation help!
Page 1 of 1