Pit Bull Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Just wanted to see what you guys thought of my girl?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
New Era Kennels

New Era Kennels

Male Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Just wanted to see what you guys thought of my girl? Empty
PostSubject: Just wanted to see what you guys thought of my girl?   Just wanted to see what you guys thought of my girl? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 3:16 am

Hey everyone, Just wanted to see what everyone thought of my girl. I'm getting ready to start showing her. I plan on taking her to the Ky fun show next sunday. What do you guys think and how do you think she'll do.
Just wanted to see what you guys thought of my girl? Abby-012

Just wanted to see what you guys thought of my girl? Abby-013

Just wanted to see what you guys thought of my girl? Abby-014
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/newerakennels
Boogieman

Boogieman

Male Number of posts : 175
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to see what you guys thought of my girl?   Just wanted to see what you guys thought of my girl? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 4:49 am

Well I'd need some better pics to tell for sure, but it looks like your dog has ok confirmation. She may need a little more conditioning if they are judging by the ADBA standard. Take a little time and learn the proper way to stack before the show and practice with the dog. Good luck and have fun!
Back to top Go down
New Era Kennels

New Era Kennels

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to see what you guys thought of my girl?   Just wanted to see what you guys thought of my girl? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 4:57 am

Thanks Boogieman... Appreciate the comments. What does it mean to properly stack? I'm very new to the show world. And very interested in getting into it. Thats why i'm going to just a fun show to learn a little. You said she has "ok" confirmation. I know the pics aren't the best. Whats the pro's and con's on her that you see? I know you didn't mean to offend me or anything and I'm just trying to learn and understand. I appreciate and comments and thoughts. It seems you done some showing yourself.
Back to top Go down
Boogieman

Boogieman

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to see what you guys thought of my girl?   Just wanted to see what you guys thought of my girl? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 2:04 pm

New Era Kennels wrote:
Thanks Boogieman... Appreciate the comments. What does it mean to properly stack? I'm very new to the show world. And very interested in getting into it. Thats why i'm going to just a fun show to learn a little. You said she has "ok" confirmation. I know the pics aren't the best. Whats the pro's and con's on her that you see? I know you didn't mean to offend me or anything and I'm just trying to learn and understand. I appreciate and comments and thoughts. It seems you done some showing yourself.
When I said OK confirmation I just meant from the pics you provided I did not see any glaring faults or anything. To REALLY tell the confirmation of a dog one almost has to see it in person and be able to do a walk around. Confirmation simply refers to the body and attitude of the dog being proper to the breed. In other words do they look and act like they are supposed to.

The UKC and ADBA both have confirmation standards listed on their websites. I show in the ADBA so I will post you a link to their confirmation standard below.

To properly "stack" a dog simply means to pose them for the judges to look at. To NOT properly stack a dog can give the appearance that your dog has faults that are NOT there. It is very easy to make them look straight stifled and things like that. The proper position of a stack is to have the dog standing "square". This simply means to have the dogs legs under them standing straight up, and the dog should not be leaning fwd or back. Refer to the dog Bronson in my avatar for reference to a properly stacked dog....although his head should be held a little higher than that to be judged. The confirmation standard link I gave you shows a properly stacked dog also in the drawing they break down.

Yeah I've done some showing. The dog Bronson is now a champion with lots more ribbons than that pic and working toward grand champion. My girl Lizzy should make champion very soon this year I hope. Nick is close to half way. I am going to have some pups next winter and start all over.
Very Happy

Here is that link to the ADBA standard. Hope all this helps you out.

http://www.adbadog.com/p_pdetails.asp?fpid=32&pg=32

Edit: You can click on "printable version" at the bottom of that link I provided for a bigger pics of the drawings of the dog they use. It is very easy to read the words and such on that one.
Back to top Go down
New Era Kennels

New Era Kennels

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to see what you guys thought of my girl?   Just wanted to see what you guys thought of my girl? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 4:21 pm

Boogieman... appreciate all that info. Thanks alot. I think that is gonna help me out. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Gracie

Gracie

Female Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2008-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to see what you guys thought of my girl?   Just wanted to see what you guys thought of my girl? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 6:45 pm

I think she is beautiful and looks like a very happy girl!
Back to top Go down
Boogieman

Boogieman

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to see what you guys thought of my girl?   Just wanted to see what you guys thought of my girl? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 8:14 pm

New Era Kennels wrote:
Boogieman... appreciate all that info. Thanks alot. I think that is gonna help me out. Thanks.

No problem! Glad I could help you.

Something else I forgot to add is.........when it comes down to 2 dogs that are equal the next criteria is conditioning. Get the dog out and do some work and get it in better shape is another thing that should help you out alot! Spring pole and flirt pole are great activities to help condition your dog.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to see what you guys thought of my girl?   Just wanted to see what you guys thought of my girl? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just wanted to see what you guys thought of my girl?
Page 1 of 1