Pit Bull Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

gotti/greyline/razors edge(chaingang)

Go down 
+7
turtlebuster100
cosmeh1
alfisher3
Boogieman
Masterpiece
pitmamma
thetonyage
11 posters
AuthorMessage
thetonyage

thetonyage

Male Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-02-22

gotti/greyline/razors edge(chaingang) Empty
PostSubject: gotti/greyline/razors edge(chaingang)   gotti/greyline/razors edge(chaingang) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 4:06 pm

ok well i know for a fact that my dog is greyline/chain gang according to the ADBA pedigree analysis i got. but he is supposed to be UKC reg'd too, the breeder was just a d%*k and didnt give me his UKC reg. so i guess ADBA doesnt recognize the Gotti line and Razors edge. i need to wait till hes 1 yr old to go through the UKG registration process. but if someone could clarify the whole thing for me it would be awsome. hes only like 9 months old and is WIDE(65 lbs.) as hell for such a young pup.

[img]gotti/greyline/razors edge(chaingang) Cimg0614[/img]

i mean it is quite obvious at the moment hes nothin close to his grandpa "the notorious juan gotti" (UKC GD/C)
[img]gotti/greyline/razors edge(chaingang) Viewit10[/img]

but any input on the subject is appreciated.
Back to top Go down
pitmamma
pitmamma

Female Number of posts : 1414
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: gotti/greyline/razors edge(chaingang)   gotti/greyline/razors edge(chaingang) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 4:16 pm

I don't really have any info for you, sorry...lol. But just wanted to give you a heads up...Some people are not big fans of those bloodlines, so take the comments with a grain of salt...BTW, he is beautiful and I would be proud to own him. Just don't let the haters get to you... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
thetonyage

thetonyage

Male Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: gotti/greyline/razors edge(chaingang)   gotti/greyline/razors edge(chaingang) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 4:27 pm

oh, thats all cool, as far as conformation goes i think the whole blue dog thing is overdone as far as size and bone mass goes from what ive personally seen. hence my opinion of the zebo dogs "here"(even my dog, although im hoping he ends up filling out symmetrically, hes still in that goofy disproportionate phase which i find adorable lol ) but with all the things most people against our breed can say im not worried one bit about what anyone into the breed for a positive reason, and a member of this site has to say. im here for experienced info. and thats what im expecting.
Back to top Go down
Masterpiece

Masterpiece

Female Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2007-11-06

PostSubject: Re: gotti/greyline/razors edge(chaingang)   gotti/greyline/razors edge(chaingang) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 6:42 pm

gotti was created from the greyline blood just gotti is a bit shorter heaver and has A lot more health issues... im not too fimilar with the ADBA registary but thats probably why the dont reconize the Gotti line... just from what i have hear (please do not take offence to this) the Gotti line dogs were Greyline mixed with a bull dog creating the gotti look.. but like i said from what i have heard no one really has the true answer. I love the Greyline blood some old school greyline dogs are just awesome looking!! razor edge... i really dont know much about it except its every in the bully world.... other then that im sorry i dont have more information... take care good luck with the UKC registary...
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/midisandvictor
Boogieman

Boogieman

Male Number of posts : 175
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: gotti/greyline/razors edge(chaingang)   gotti/greyline/razors edge(chaingang) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 8:39 pm

First of all, why in the world would you want your dog to look like that pile of crap gotti? That dog is a walking structural disaster! Everybody knows that those lines are famous for hung papers and mixed with tons of different breeds. If a bully is what you wanted when you bought it, that's what you got. If an American Pit Bull Terrier is what you wanted when you got it, well you got hosed. I can tell you the exact reason why they didn't give you the paperwork. They don't want you to be able to breed more so they can continue to line their pockets with cash cuz that's what them kind of back yard breeders are all about. Let this be a lesson to you to go to a reputable breeder, not some crap bag scum who can't/won't stand behind their product. If they advertised the mutts as UKC registered, then you should have received the papers. They gladly gave you the ADBA papers because nobody in the ADBA would touch that dog with someone elses arm.

None of this is meant to make you mad, or down your dog. This is just the facts as they are. That's all, nothing more. Sorry. pale
Back to top Go down
Masterpiece

Masterpiece

PostSubject: Re: gotti/greyline/razors edge(chaingang)   gotti/greyline/razors edge(chaingang) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 10:19 pm

thetonyage wrote:
oh, thats all cool, as far as conformation goes i think the whole blue dog thing is overdone as far as size and bone mass goes from what ive personally seen. hence my opinion of the zebo dogs "here"(even my dog, although im hoping he ends up filling out symmetrically, hes still in that goofy disproportionate phase which i find adorable lol ) but with all the things most people against our breed can say im not worried one bit about what anyone into the breed for a positive reason, and a member of this site has to say. im here for experienced info. and thats what im expecting.

thats awesome as long as you love your dog i feel the same way... i wont even say on this board what the blood lines of Knuckle man is lol i dont want to hear it but thats cool becaue i still LOVE MY DOGS NO MATTER WERE THEY CAME FROM!!!!
Back to top Go down
Boogieman

Boogieman

Male Number of posts : 175
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: gotti/greyline/razors edge(chaingang)   gotti/greyline/razors edge(chaingang) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 1:53 am

Just for the record.......Razors Edge wasn't always the lump of crap dogs of today. Here's one that came from some of the very first Razors Edge dogs like Throwin' Knuckles. I had him fat as a pup, but once a year came his ass went to work just like any other dog of mine and here he is. A cross between York/Razors Edge. He looked good enough for Hank Greenwood to pick him first and pull him out for Best of Show. Just so happens old Sedalia was handling him that day! Remember that Roger?

This blood is just like any others out there. Once somebody buys it from somebody else they can do whatever they want with it. That don't make it all garbage. Anybody can put out crap dogs of any bloodline if they do stupid crap with it.

gotti/greyline/razors edge(chaingang) DSC01321
gotti/greyline/razors edge(chaingang) DSC02611
gotti/greyline/razors edge(chaingang) DSC04958
gotti/greyline/razors edge(chaingang) DSC02213
Back to top Go down
Masterpiece

Masterpiece

PostSubject: Re: gotti/greyline/razors edge(chaingang)   gotti/greyline/razors edge(chaingang) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 3:20 pm

you are right most people do what ever they want with a bloodline they get destroy it or make it better! your boy is beautifull i cant believe i didnt think of throwing Knuckles... he produced some amazing razor edge dogs.. any way thanks again and like i said your boy is good look!
Back to top Go down
alfisher3

Number of posts : 215
Registration date : 2007-11-05

PostSubject: Re: gotti/greyline/razors edge(chaingang)   gotti/greyline/razors edge(chaingang) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 8:05 pm

Well am not real sure about how the bullies came to be, I've read somewhere it was a cross between a show quality AKC American Staffordshire Terrier, and a game bred American Pit Bull Terrier. But from my observation of AKC American Staffs and game bred American Pit Bull Terriers I can't figure out how the Bully style dogs became so big and over proportioned, that doesn't mean that all of them are bred that way, but the majority of the bully style dogs I've seen are way out of proportion. So it's very likely that the bloodlines of these style of pit bulls have been mixed with different breeds to bulk up the dogs a lot more than they have been for the past 75 years, and that's probably the reason your having so many problems with registering the dog. Due to the unknown origin of the dogs used to bulk up the pit bulls it's caused a strain of dogs that have become human aggressive, "most likely a combination of different mastiffs", but with that being said each dog is different b/c I have saw some bully style dogs example the previous picture of the dog here that look as good as any dog I've seen before, but the likely hood that you'll find a handful of the bully bloodlines that look like this dog are about 1/1000. In closing as long as you love your pet, take good care of it, and train it, then the bloodline or it's origin is not that important as he is a great companion to you and your family.
Back to top Go down
cosmeh1

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-03-02

PostSubject: Re: gotti/greyline/razors edge(chaingang)   gotti/greyline/razors edge(chaingang) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 7:23 am

Boogieman wrote:
Just for the record.......Razors Edge wasn't always the lump of crap dogs of today. Here's one that came from some of the very first Razors Edge dogs like Throwin' Knuckles. I had him fat as a pup, but once a year came his ass went to work just like any other dog of mine and here he is. A cross between York/Razors Edge. He looked good enough for Hank Greenwood to pick him first and pull him out for Best of Show. Just so happens old Sedalia was handling him that day! Remember that Roger?

This blood is just like any others out there. Once somebody buys it from somebody else they can do whatever they want with it. That don't make it all garbage. Anybody can put out crap dogs of any bloodline if they do stupid crap with it.

WOW. That boys is ripped. What kind of exercises do you have your boy do? I want my pit to get ripped like that. The only thing i do is run with her for 2 miles a night. Can you give me some tips please? This is my first dog.
Back to top Go down
turtlebuster100
2xwarned

Male Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Re: gotti/greyline/razors edge(chaingang)   gotti/greyline/razors edge(chaingang) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 8:00 pm

nice pup
Back to top Go down
CoolHandJean

CoolHandJean

Female Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2007-11-02

PostSubject: Re: gotti/greyline/razors edge(chaingang)   gotti/greyline/razors edge(chaingang) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 9:49 pm

It's not that people don't like the lines. It's just that many dogs from those lines are actually American Bullies and not American Pit Bull Terriers (even if their papers say they are).

In this case, I seriously believe your dog is an American Bully. Nothing wrong with that, just a different breed. Check out the ABKC. You can register your dog with them.
Back to top Go down
pocketdunlap

Male Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: gotti/greyline/razors edge(chaingang)   gotti/greyline/razors edge(chaingang) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 12:57 am

Photobucket" border="0" alt=""/>

Son of pure Sasseli Male and Bob Hall female-no bully shining through here
Back to top Go down
pocketdunlap

PostSubject: Re: gotti/greyline/razors edge(chaingang)   gotti/greyline/razors edge(chaingang) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 1:00 am

Here's pops
Back to top Go down
pocketdunlap

PostSubject: Re: gotti/greyline/razors edge(chaingang)   gotti/greyline/razors edge(chaingang) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 1:03 am

Here's grandad
Back to top Go down
pitmamma
pitmamma

Female Number of posts : 1414
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: gotti/greyline/razors edge(chaingang)   gotti/greyline/razors edge(chaingang) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 2:24 am

pocketdunlap wrote:

Here's pops

Nice looking dog
Back to top Go down
pocketdunlap

PostSubject: Re: gotti/greyline/razors edge(chaingang)   gotti/greyline/razors edge(chaingang) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 2:25 am

Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
SouljaKennels

SouljaKennels

Female Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: gotti/greyline/razors edge(chaingang)   gotti/greyline/razors edge(chaingang) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 6:08 am

I personally really like the old razor's edge, they were nice dogs until someone destroyed them and made them to what they are today Sad But every once in a while you get a nice one with nice correct structure from the old show blood. For those of you who wish to know the RE history, here is a link:

http://www.freewebs.com/twincitieblues/razoredgehistory.htm

They actually came about from game bred dogs. Not bulldog mixing here. Gotti on the other hand IMO is very questionable. I HAVE NEVER seen a nice non bull dog looking gotti dog.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/souljakennels
HarleyDuke

Male Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2012-08-20

PostSubject: Re: gotti/greyline/razors edge(chaingang)   gotti/greyline/razors edge(chaingang) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 11:53 am

Boogieman wrote:

I must know how to get them in that kind of shape!!! PLEASE tell us how.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: gotti/greyline/razors edge(chaingang)   gotti/greyline/razors edge(chaingang) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

gotti/greyline/razors edge(chaingang)
Page 1 of 1