Pit Bull Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Has anyone ever heard of this brand.......

Go down 
+4
shadowwolf
suki
pitmamma
marlenadee
8 posters
AuthorMessage
marlenadee

marlenadee

Female Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Has anyone ever heard of this brand....... Empty
PostSubject: Has anyone ever heard of this brand.......   Has anyone ever heard of this brand....... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 3:23 am

Of Dog food? It's called Evo and The guy who owns the store said that he feeds his APBT's this brand and that it's the best he's ever tried. Has anyone ever heard of this brand????
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=marlenadee
pitmamma
pitmamma

Female Number of posts : 1414
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever heard of this brand.......   Has anyone ever heard of this brand....... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 3:38 am

I have heard of it and heard it was a good food, but too rich for my wallet, lol...
Back to top Go down
marlenadee

marlenadee

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever heard of this brand.......   Has anyone ever heard of this brand....... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 3:45 am

I know the bag I bought was 51 bucks but I think we are going to mix the food with the regular Eukanuba we buy plus this powder milk he recommended we sprinkle on the food.
Back to top Go down
suki
suki

Female Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever heard of this brand.......   Has anyone ever heard of this brand....... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 4:34 am

it's good feed, and people i know that feed with it are happy with its results. but PLEASE don't mix it with the Eukanuba. Eukanuba is HORRIBLE food and why ruin your really good stuff by adding that crap?
toss the Euk, or donate it to a shelter and stick with the good stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/suki9259
shadowwolf

shadowwolf

Female Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2007-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever heard of this brand.......   Has anyone ever heard of this brand....... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 6:18 am

Doing a gradual switch from the Euk to Evo is definately the best option.
Back to top Go down
suki
suki

Female Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever heard of this brand.......   Has anyone ever heard of this brand....... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 12:27 am

shadowwolf wrote:
Doing a gradual switch from the Euk to Evo is definately the best option.

agreed, IF it is due to the switching process, then yes, by all means, make the transition slowly, perhaps over the course of 4-7 days to help prevent any digestive issues. but if it's meerly to stretch the bag of Evo some, i personally wouldn't recommend that.

curious, what is the reason behind the powered milk?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/suki9259
shadowwolf

shadowwolf

Female Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2007-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever heard of this brand.......   Has anyone ever heard of this brand....... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 2:59 am

suki wrote:
curious, what is the reason behind the powered milk?

I totally was too! scratch
Back to top Go down
marlenadee

marlenadee

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever heard of this brand.......   Has anyone ever heard of this brand....... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 9:01 pm

Hey I really don't know.LoL He just told me it was an extra source of fat for the Puppy's but Do you guys think that is too much or not necessary? OH OK DH just ran and got the bag so I can tell you exactly what it is,It's called NurseAll and it says that it has 24%protein and 24%fat. Suggestions?????
Back to top Go down
~*Alena*~

~*Alena*~

Female Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever heard of this brand.......   Has anyone ever heard of this brand....... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 3:02 pm

marlenadee wrote:
Of Dog food? It's called Evo and The guy who owns the store said that he feeds his APBT's this brand and that it's the best he's ever tried. Has anyone ever heard of this brand????

Evo is a very good protien diet for a bully breed, i have tryed the red meat it a great food for a high energy dog such as a bully breed. My dog loved it and i have a few friends that swear by it. To tell u the truth its high in the price scale, so what u could do is try something called Taste of The Wild, the bison kind. same stuff less in cost.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sexyrussian555
thetonyage

thetonyage

Male Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever heard of this brand.......   Has anyone ever heard of this brand....... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 3:33 pm

just check the ingredients, nothing with meat by-products is good for your dog, but unfortunately it is expensive for the better food.
Back to top Go down
marlenadee

marlenadee

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever heard of this brand.......   Has anyone ever heard of this brand....... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 7:13 pm

.I had posted this a while back and since then we have been giving them the Evo and it has made a noticeable difference in their bodies and energy level.As far as the food being expensive I manage.I figure my kids and my dogs are all here because I wanted them to be here they did not make the choice so what they need should not be sacrificed because of price.Thanks for the responses! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
alfisher3

Number of posts : 215
Registration date : 2007-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever heard of this brand.......   Has anyone ever heard of this brand....... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 7:33 pm

I've heard good things about EVO, but remember at the end of the day all dog food no matter the price is just what it's called "DOG FOOD". Just find something that works for the dog, and has the proper nutrition and stick to it. While owning a dog you'll always here one breeder's choice vs another breeder's choice. The truth is there isn't much difference in the good premium brand of dog feeds, so if your dogs are doing good on the EVO, then stick with it.
Back to top Go down
Boogieman

Boogieman

Male Number of posts : 175
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever heard of this brand.......   Has anyone ever heard of this brand....... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 1:37 am

I feed 2 of my dogs Innova Evo and they do great on it. Nick gets Natures Variety. He does very well on it. Mixing any 2 kibbles is NOT a good idea. Each is designed to be fed according to the directions and mixing will not get correct amounts of intended nutrients.

Innova Evo is prbly a little much for puppies. Although the fat content is high at 22%, the protein content is 42%. Way too high for a puppy. Go with regular Innova for puppies until the dog is a year old or so. Then make the switch to Evo. They do claim it's alright to feed for all life stages. This is strictly my opinion.

Here are the 2 dogs that are on Evo.
Bronson
Has anyone ever heard of this brand....... DSC05430
Lizzy
Has anyone ever heard of this brand....... DSC05547
Back to top Go down
marlenadee

marlenadee

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever heard of this brand.......   Has anyone ever heard of this brand....... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 4:37 am

Beautiful Dogs! Since you answered about the Evo hopefully I can squeeze in another question.LoL The man at the feed store also told me to mix in this powder milk called NurseAll but with you mentioning that innova evo may have to high a fat content in the food is this powder milk an overkill? The NurseAll has an extra 24%fat and24%protein. Thank you in advanced :-)
Back to top Go down
marlenadee

marlenadee

PostSubject: Very True :-)   Has anyone ever heard of this brand....... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 4:42 am

alfisher3 wrote:
I've heard good things about EVO, but remember at the end of the day all dog food no matter the price is just what it's called "DOG FOOD". Just find something that works for the dog, and has the proper nutrition and stick to it. While owning a dog you'll always here one breeder's choice vs another breeder's choice. The truth is there isn't much difference in the good premium brand of dog feeds, so if your dogs are doing good on the EVO, then stick with it.
True,I guess I just noticed the difference since I switched their food and I am really happy with the results.I am kinda picky when it comes to what my babies and fur babies eat .Besides I was feeding my large dog Eukanuba along with the rest of them but it was making him really sluggish I couldn't get him to do the suicide drills with my son and the other dogs!LoL
Back to top Go down
Boogieman

Boogieman

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever heard of this brand.......   Has anyone ever heard of this brand....... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 5:08 am

marlenadee wrote:
Beautiful Dogs! Since you answered about the Evo hopefully I can squeeze in another question.LoL The man at the feed store also told me to mix in this powder milk called NurseAll but with you mentioning that innova evo may have to high a fat content in the food is this powder milk an overkill? The NurseAll has an extra 24%fat and24%protein. Thank you in advanced :-)
The Evo isn't too high in fat, it is too high in protein, IMO. It is hard for a puppy to process all of it. I would just stay with puppy food till around a year old or so, but that's just me. To be perfectly honest with you, it sounds to me like he's trying to sell you anything that you can be talked into buying. A pregnant female is the only thing that would need anything like that, and if you're feeding quality kibble, just double the kibble, give the prenatal vitamins and forget everything else.

Some people will put that powder on puppy food when they first start eating kibble to help them. I don't believe they need it unless you may have one or two that have not been getting enough milk due to whatever reason.

In other words.....don't buy the powder. Smile
Back to top Go down
marlenadee

marlenadee

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever heard of this brand.......   Has anyone ever heard of this brand....... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 5:11 am

AWWW shoot,He saw me coming!LoL Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Boogieman

Boogieman

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever heard of this brand.......   Has anyone ever heard of this brand....... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 5:12 am

marlenadee wrote:
AWWW shoot,He saw me coming!LoL Thanks!
LOL well if you were feeding some crap like dog chow or something that may be an option, but with quality kibble like you are using, there is just no need for it. It will all end up in the yard in the form of poop and be very hard on the kidneys.
Back to top Go down
alfisher3

Number of posts : 215
Registration date : 2007-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever heard of this brand.......   Has anyone ever heard of this brand....... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 2:22 pm

Yeah to much protein is hard on a dogs body, most people assume b/c a wild dog or wolf eats meat that he's getting super amounts of protein. Even a 12 oz steak only has about 24 grams of protein max, and most wild animals or dogs will not over eat like people they only eat to survive, by over feeding them your actually doing them a discredit by keeping them to fat. Dogs are not like people they don't eat for comfort they eat for nutrition, just make sure your giving them proper nutrition and you should be fine, oh yeah the puppy replacement milk is a joke, only if your feeding cheap crap would they need that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever heard of this brand.......   Has anyone ever heard of this brand....... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Has anyone ever heard of this brand.......
Page 1 of 1