Pit Bull Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Which Do You Consider Yourself To Be?

Go down 
+4
woody d
kristakmj
pitmamma
suki
8 posters
AuthorMessage
suki
suki

Female Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2007-03-05

Which Do You Consider Yourself To Be? Empty
PostSubject: Which Do You Consider Yourself To Be?   Which Do You Consider Yourself To Be? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 12:20 am

the guardian of your pets
or
the owner of your pets?
was checking out this site:
http://www.guardiancampaign.com/index.html
and it got me to pondering this...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/suki9259
pitmamma
pitmamma

Female Number of posts : 1414
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Which Do You Consider Yourself To Be?   Which Do You Consider Yourself To Be? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 12:40 am

Hmm... is it is ok to say both.
Back to top Go down
kristakmj

Female Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Which Do You Consider Yourself To Be?   Which Do You Consider Yourself To Be? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 1:35 am

i would say im the owner first then the guardian.

however i dont consider them to be property so to speak .
Back to top Go down
woody d

woody d

Male Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Which Do You Consider Yourself To Be?   Which Do You Consider Yourself To Be? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 4:11 pm

im just a buddy with a little more understanding of the way the world works(traffic,mail men etc). so im here to keep em out of trouble, and pay for the dog food. Cool
Back to top Go down
SouthernStylePits

SouthernStylePits

Female Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Which Do You Consider Yourself To Be?   Which Do You Consider Yourself To Be? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 4:15 pm

I like that answer woody! That's pretty much what I think to, I'm here to love them, provide for them, protect them, and keep them from destroying anything! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://southernstylepitbulls.tripod.com
lovemypits
Admin
Admin
lovemypits

Female Number of posts : 1708
Registration date : 2007-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Which Do You Consider Yourself To Be?   Which Do You Consider Yourself To Be? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 5:29 pm

I would say I agree with the word guardian. I don't think of any of my animals as "property" They are a major part of my family, since I don't have kids the dogs go EVERYWHERE but to work with me, I am their sole source for survival when it comes to water and food. And I take care of their health. While doing all this with lots of love.
Back to top Go down
CoolHandJean

CoolHandJean

Female Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2007-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Which Do You Consider Yourself To Be?   Which Do You Consider Yourself To Be? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 9:57 pm

I am an Owner of my pet, but they are a very high valued property, not something I'd just throw away.
Back to top Go down
marty

marty

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2007-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Which Do You Consider Yourself To Be?   Which Do You Consider Yourself To Be? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 1:49 am

CoolHandJean wrote:
I am an Owner of my pet, but they are a very high valued property, not something I'd just throw away.
I agree 100% here cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.game-dog.com
suki
suki

PostSubject: Re: Which Do You Consider Yourself To Be?   Which Do You Consider Yourself To Be? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 6:27 am

interestingly, in a poll taken by the US Pet Ownership and Demographics Sourcebook, nearly 1/2 of all owners considered their pets to be family and 48.2% considered their pets to be pets or companions.
and of those considering them to be property, they were the group that ended up spending the least in regards to vet care.
regarding household income:
those who made less than 20K annually and considered their animals to be family spent more per year than those who made 85K or more and considered their pets to be property

households earning less than 20K spent $255 per year, and considered their pets to be a family member.
those who made more than 85K spent $113 (on average) on their pets, while considering them to be property. hmmmmmmm.......
source: DVM mag Jan 08 issue
Back to top Go down
pitmamma
pitmamma

Female Number of posts : 1414
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Which Do You Consider Yourself To Be?   Which Do You Consider Yourself To Be? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 2:58 pm

Wow that info makes it more interesting, but defintly not suprising. Seems like us poor folks need our dogs companionship more.
Back to top Go down
lovemypits
Admin
Admin
lovemypits

Female Number of posts : 1708
Registration date : 2007-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Which Do You Consider Yourself To Be?   Which Do You Consider Yourself To Be? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 5:25 pm

pitmamma wrote:
Wow that info makes it more interesting, but defintly not suprising. Seems like us poor folks need our dogs companionship more.

Laughing
Back to top Go down
SouthernStylePits

SouthernStylePits

Female Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Which Do You Consider Yourself To Be?   Which Do You Consider Yourself To Be? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 5:38 pm

That's funny suki, but I guess I can see the truth in it, my dogs are beyond family, they're royalty in my house, even when we can't really afford to treat them as such. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://southernstylepitbulls.tripod.com
suki
suki

PostSubject: Re: Which Do You Consider Yourself To Be?   Which Do You Consider Yourself To Be? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 6:50 pm

yeah, i agree.
although i have purchased my animals, and "technically" they are property, i do however consider them to be "family", as i could not imagine my days/life without any of them, and their absence would undoubtably make me HUGELY and profoundly sad.....

but yeah, i was reading that late last night, and was thinking the same thing~us poor folks seem to have the biggest hearts and would, as it appears, be more willing to sacrafice/part with, the almighty dollar in order to ensure our pet's health.

personally i'd rather be rich in my heart than my wallet...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which Do You Consider Yourself To Be?   Which Do You Consider Yourself To Be? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which Do You Consider Yourself To Be?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pit Bull Family :: The Camp Fire :: General-
Jump to: