Pit Bull Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share Your Conditioning Tips

Go down 
+5
pit4life
nnnbullies
freekypixie
3P Kennels
Dunlap
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dunlap
Site Owner
Site Owner
Dunlap

Male Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2007-03-04

Share Your Conditioning Tips Empty
PostSubject: Share Your Conditioning Tips   Share Your Conditioning Tips Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2007 11:45 pm

Tell us what you do when it comes time to get your dog ready for show.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pitbull-family.com

PostSubject: Re: Share Your Conditioning Tips   Share Your Conditioning Tips Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2007 4:37 am

pull a tire--light weight long distance--track work every other day
Back to top Go down
3P Kennels

3P Kennels

Female Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Share Your Conditioning Tips   Share Your Conditioning Tips Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2007 4:47 pm

For weight pull and show, we drag weight, flirt pole, hand walk and tread mill. Along with raw/kibble diet for extra protien.

The is Hemi, one of my pullers. Looks pretty damn good to 80% Razors Edge!
LOL

Share Your Conditioning Tips DSCF0589
Share Your Conditioning Tips Hemibk
Back to top Go down
freekypixie

freekypixie

Female Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Share Your Conditioning Tips   Share Your Conditioning Tips Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2007 12:47 am

i put my dogs on a keep..... try to work them as much as i can..... and do a crap load of praying on the way to the show.......
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/pentaclepits
3P Kennels

3P Kennels

PostSubject: Re: Share Your Conditioning Tips   Share Your Conditioning Tips Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2007 1:19 am

freekypixie wrote:
..... and do a crap load of praying on the way to the show.......

...LMAO! Razz
Back to top Go down
Dunlap
Site Owner
Site Owner
Dunlap

PostSubject: Re: Share Your Conditioning Tips   Share Your Conditioning Tips Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2007 4:24 am

3P Kennels wrote:
freekypixie wrote:
..... and do a crap load of praying on the way to the show.......

...LMAO! Razz

LOL, I was thinking the same thing Very Happy
Back to top Go down
freekypixie

freekypixie

PostSubject: Re: Share Your Conditioning Tips   Share Your Conditioning Tips Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2007 1:27 am

who hasnt looked at their yard going hell ya im gunna do good only to get the the show and go ........ crap.....i hope i get ANYTHING...... but its all for fun really..... ribbons and trophys are only bonus points
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Share Your Conditioning Tips   Share Your Conditioning Tips Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2007 1:49 am

i like 2 add wheat germ oil 2 my kibble and raw chicken leg quarters bone and all but i only do the weight pulls this diet dont burn off all the fat if u dont work them on this diet they will get fat quick but if u work them the wheat germ oil packs on the muscle quick it is amazing (the wheat germ oil is for horses u have 2 go to the feed store 2 get it)
Back to top Go down
freekypixie

freekypixie

PostSubject: Re: Share Your Conditioning Tips   Share Your Conditioning Tips Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2007 9:44 pm

i prefer cooked chicken..... dogs can get saminella........i will also cook up beef heart, liver, and deer scraps for the dogs...... especially in winter when a nice warm tummy can do wonders
Back to top Go down
nnnbullies

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2007-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Share Your Conditioning Tips   Share Your Conditioning Tips Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2007 1:52 am

freekypixie wrote:
i prefer cooked chicken..... dogs can get saminella........i will also cook up beef heart, liver, and deer scraps for the dogs...... especially in winter when a nice warm tummy can do wonders

lol do you think they cooked their food in the wild?

Its rare

raw meat and raw bones are really good for dogs
it does have soem bad germs but it also has good ones

after you cooked it you jsut lost alot of the nutrients
Back to top Go down
pit4life

pit4life

Female Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2007-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Share Your Conditioning Tips   Share Your Conditioning Tips Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2007 2:21 pm

For Ivan, when we are getting ready for some weight pull we do spring pole, running, hand walking, flirt pole, and some practice pulling.

For Roxy, show or weight pull, we do hand walking, spring pole, weight pull, running with bike, and loads of playing.
She is looking damn good. (She is supposive Sorrells/OFRN/Jeep and blue dog) Razz

Share Your Conditioning Tips Newpics2079

Share Your Conditioning Tips Newpics2078
Back to top Go down
Dunlap
Site Owner
Site Owner
Dunlap

PostSubject: Re: Share Your Conditioning Tips   Share Your Conditioning Tips Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2007 3:43 am

pit4life wrote:
For Ivan, when we are getting ready for some weight pull we do spring pole, running, hand walking, flirt pole, and some practice pulling.

For Roxy, show or weight pull, we do hand walking, spring pole, weight pull, running with bike, and loads of playing.
She is looking damn good. (She is supposive Sorrells/OFRN/Jeep and blue dog) Razz

Share Your Conditioning Tips Newpics2079

Share Your Conditioning Tips Newpics2078

I see that you've shopped at stillwater Wink. Good lookin dog Smile
Back to top Go down
pit4life

pit4life

PostSubject: Re: Share Your Conditioning Tips   Share Your Conditioning Tips Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2007 1:12 am

Stillwater is the place! Love it, great stuff!

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
mindovermatter

mindovermatter

Female Number of posts : 364

PostSubject: Re: Share Your Conditioning Tips   Share Your Conditioning Tips Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2007 9:54 am

what i do with my dogs is well.. I try and keep them "fit" most of the time.. I feed half kibble and half raw diet and my dogs do a TON of RUNNING.. right now i have an acre fenced in and who ever is on the outside rotation RUNS for quite a bit.. LOL some of this a attribute to the neibors labs running the fence when my dogs are out Wink

now I show UKC so a "conditioned" dog in that venue is different then ADBA or AADR or some of the other venues.. and alot of times people will say my dogs are TOO THIN Shocked
here is Dawn
Share Your Conditioning Tips Dawnside

this is Akando

Share Your Conditioning Tips Akando1

here are the girls Diva the black and Hoover the brindle.. remember these are PUPPIES Diva is 7 months old and Hoover is 8 months old you can see the muscle in Divas thighs in this photo
Share Your Conditioning Tips Divahoover1

for me i guess the best way to condition a dog is to let them be a dog.. feed them properly and let them run off the excess.. Just like with people a proper diet and exersize can do wonders Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JhnsnsKennel

JhnsnsKennel

Female Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2007-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Share Your Conditioning Tips   Share Your Conditioning Tips Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2007 4:09 am

Well if you check out my site or the pics that Tonya posted you can see how my dogs are.. We feed a strictly raw diet (even the pups are on raw from day one) we feed Chicken leg quarters(big dogs)chicken necks to the pups, then we feed ground turkey or ground beef for their muscle meat and 3 days out of the week they get beef liver.. I will get some of the raw links from my friends site as I need to add them to mine(lol) and I will post them here for all to see..
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/jhnsnsukcapbts/
shadowwolf

shadowwolf

Female Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2007-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Share Your Conditioning Tips   Share Your Conditioning Tips Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2007 7:55 pm

The dogs get to run to their hearts content. They play on the spring pole and flirt pole and sometimes they'll even jump on the treadmill on their own and stand there until I turn it on.

During the summer, the dogs swim (well, Luna does - Ryker hasn't met the pool yet) and have a blast.

We do long walks (I go to Ann Arbor walking too) and play lots of games while being fed good quality kibble and raw.

Basically, we let the dogs be dogs. If they do good in a show or pull, that's extra good, but they're companions first and foremost.

Share Your Conditioning Tips Gangup-oct19

Share Your Conditioning Tips Lunarykerpark6

Share Your Conditioning Tips Lunatree-1

Share Your Conditioning Tips Luna-springpole-feb

Share Your Conditioning Tips Lunapool12

Share Your Conditioning Tips Lunaswims9

Share Your Conditioning Tips Lunaswims5
Back to top Go down
freekypixie

freekypixie

PostSubject: Re: Share Your Conditioning Tips   Share Your Conditioning Tips Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2007 2:32 am

here are some pics of my dogs on keeps......... all of them are in a basic keep with a 20 ft chain space..........they get ti use all of a 20ft radious...........here are some pics of my dogs from the last show

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
damien hasnt even been on a keep ..... this is just chain weight for him

ember ann on a keep

faylene on a keep......
Back to top Go down
pit4life

pit4life

PostSubject: Re: Share Your Conditioning Tips   Share Your Conditioning Tips Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2007 12:13 am

I would like to see a little more tone on your dogs FreekyPixie... they are skinny and tight enough, but there is no tone going on there.
Less backbone would also be better, a little is okay but once it starts to get the whole spinal cord... well... no.

But nice looking dogs besides that.
Back to top Go down
freekypixie

freekypixie

PostSubject: Re: Share Your Conditioning Tips   Share Your Conditioning Tips Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2007 1:41 am

they are just comming off winter weight......... they loose weight faster then they gain muscle mass....in a month or two they will be showing muscle as well.........plus the dog in real life and the pics are two different things........as far as the back bone .... there isnt as much as you think you see really
Back to top Go down
Dunlap
Site Owner
Site Owner
Dunlap

PostSubject: Re: Share Your Conditioning Tips   Share Your Conditioning Tips Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2007 4:27 am

freekypixie wrote:
they are just comming off winter weight......... they loose weight faster then they gain muscle mass....in a month or two they will be showing muscle as well.........plus the dog in real life and the pics are two different things........as far as the back bone .... there isnt as much as you think you see really

Your dogs look good and those of us that have seen them else where know that Wink. And we all know that pictures rarely do a dog justice.
Back to top Go down
3P Kennels

3P Kennels

PostSubject: Re: Share Your Conditioning Tips   Share Your Conditioning Tips Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2007 3:15 pm

Can you post the IMG link? I can't view them withe HTML tags...
Back to top Go down
mindovermatter

mindovermatter

Female Number of posts : 364

PostSubject: Re: Share Your Conditioning Tips   Share Your Conditioning Tips Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2007 2:12 am

I think Pixies dogs look good.. yeah coming off winter it will take a bit for muslce tone to be there ... I am still trying to see where there is back bone showing on any of these dogs ????
Back to top Go down
freekypixie

freekypixie

PostSubject: Re: Share Your Conditioning Tips   Share Your Conditioning Tips Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2007 6:27 pm

there is no back bone showing.... and the pics do not do them justice..... here are a couple of other pics of ember and faylene...... they show more muscle tone so you can get another perspective on them........these pics were taken within the last two weeks......i do know they need more defination... but it has gone from 80-30 degrees in one day.not exactly weather to work a dog on either end......

Back to top Go down
freekypixie

freekypixie

PostSubject: Re: Share Your Conditioning Tips   Share Your Conditioning Tips Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2007 6:34 pm

sure here ar the pics she was talking about...........

ember
Share Your Conditioning Tips Emberann2nd4-1

faylene
Share Your Conditioning Tips Faylene4-1

here are the pics i just posted

ember
Share Your Conditioning Tips Ember1

faylene..... the backbone showing in this pic is due to the position she is standing in.........
Share Your Conditioning Tips Faylene1
Back to top Go down
freekypixie

freekypixie

PostSubject: Re: Share Your Conditioning Tips   Share Your Conditioning Tips Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2007 6:51 pm

shadowwolf .... my dogs all want to come live at your house...... i have a spring pole but very few of them really want to work it.....i also have a tread mill .... its a self powered one.....i got it late last show season.... so most of them are still not comfortable with it yet.........soon as it warms up im going to start working them on it again... next week is supposed to be in the 50's.....that will be ideal working weather.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Share Your Conditioning Tips   Share Your Conditioning Tips Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Share Your Conditioning Tips
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next