Pit Bull Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FW: [ALpet-law] protecting the APBT and your rights to own t

Go down 
AuthorMessage
rdowsdirectoratlarge

Male Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2007-10-03

FW: [ALpet-law] protecting the APBT and your rights to own t Empty
PostSubject: FW: [ALpet-law] protecting the APBT and your rights to own t   FW: [ALpet-law] protecting the APBT and your rights to own t Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 10:23 pm

I hope you will forward this to all APBT owners (and those in other breeds!) in Tennessee, as it is important that these legislators find out that specific breeds are not automatic killers, and that representatives need to pass fair laws.
Fred

I sent model legislation to a TN senator. Everyone in TN with a dog should write to sen.tommy.kilby@legislature.state.tn.us as well, and urge him to oppose breed-specific legislation.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
TO: sen.tommy.kilby@legislature.state.tn.us nadine.korby@legislature.state.tn.us
See attached. I hope you will use it after tailoring references to TN instead of AL, VA, etc.
Fred

----- Original Message ----- From: Tommy Kilby To: Fred Lanting Sent: Friday, February 01, 2008 12:59 PM Subject: RE: Gettng better in TN?
Dear Mr. Lanting,
Would you please send Senator Kilby a copy of the bill you mention?
Thank you for your words of advice.
Sincerely, Nadine Korby administrative assistant, Office of Senator Tommy Kilby p: 615-741-1100, ext. 44354 f: 615-253-0237
nadine.korby@legislature.state.tn.us 10 Legislature Plaza Nashville, TN 37243

From: Fred Lanting [mr.gsd@netscape.com] Sent: Friday, February 01, 2008 12:11 PMTo: Tommy Kilby
Tommy: Please send me a copy when you get it whipped into shape. You will find that if you enlist the help of experts and the great numbers of people active in the sport, you will stumble less frequently. But if you've been in politcs more than a coupl of months, you should have learned that already, right? There are many people ready and willing/eager to help you as long as you (plural) don't just fly off the handle without checking good resources first. The United Kennel Club, for example, is one of several good places to go for accurate info. Don't get mixed up with Humane Society of the US (all their money goes into pockets and publicity, and it is a sham front, not helping dogs at all. And be careful of groups like PETA and so-called "Animal Rights" groups... they are even worse. Stick to the 100-year old UKC, the even older AKC, sportsmens alliances, etc.
Don't forget... I offered an excellent bill as an example for you to follow, which would get you support from dog trainers, hunters, pet owners, etc. Let me know if you want a copy.
Fred

----- Original Message ----- From: Tommy Kilby To: Fred Lanting
Sent: Friday, February 01, 2008 8:51 AM
Subject: RE: Is racism alive and official in TN, thanks to Senate Bill 3827 and HB3984 ?

Dear Mr. Lanting,
I have been compiling and reading educational information sent to me by groups and individuals who have tirelessly dedicated their lives working for animal causes. It is only by bringing policy makers and subject experts together can we hope to craft effective legislation that addresses the issue of vicious dog attacks yet does not punish the dogs or responsible dog owners.
Here is an update on my proposed legislation. I withdrew the original proposed legislation, Senate Bill 2738 and filed a caption bill, Senate Bill 3827. Unfortunately, due to the bill filing deadline, the second bill’s wording mirrors the first, which has caused some confusion. Take heart though, the caption bill will be amended so as not to be breed specific.
Thank you again for your thoughtfulness, passion for animals, and taking the time to write. I encourage you to stay involved and follow along with this legislation because I feel it will be a win-win situation for all concerned. We are in this cause together!
Sincerely, Senator Tommy Kilby Senate District 12, 10-A Legislative Plaza, Nashville, TN 37243 615-741-1449 (o)

From: Fred Lanting Sent: Friday, February 01, 2008 7:06 AM To: Janis Sontany Cc: Tommy Kilby
Subject: Is racism alive and official in TN, thanks to Senate Bill 3827 and HB3984 ?
Janis Sontany: regarding Tennessee Senate Bill 3827 (which would make ownership of a "pit bull" in Tennessee a Class A Misdemeanor) and HB3984 (same): This is a travesty you should not be associated with.
I have already written to TN Senator Tommy Kilby but have not had any reply. I hope there will be other legislators who have more sense and enough civility to answer, with a cogent explanation why he/she is supporting such a terrible bill. Please take this following letter to heart.

re: SENATE BILL 2738 (and now, HB3984)
Senators & Representatives: your bill is tantamount to racism, because it targets physical characteristics, family background, and other factors that are in no way related to an individual’s upbringing, training, or use. Just imagine if your “logic” were to be applied to humans, how idiotic even you would find it to be. Surely, you must agree that such archaic racist views have no place in modern enlightened society.
The wise course of action would be for you to withdraw this ill-advised SB-2738/HB3984, and instead enlist the support and help of people who are experts in dog breeds, in writing a sensible act in its place. The public neither requires nor would benefit from this bill. If you decide to take the path of wisdom instead of remaining in the unscientific and reactionary camp, I would be glad to send you a model law that I have written, which is very similar to one used in the State of Virginia.
I am an internationally-recognized show judge, not only of the American Pit Bull Terrier, but am an approved all-breed judge in many of the 30 countries in which I have lectured. The United Kennel Club has a wealth of additional dog experts whom you can draw upon for more help, should you choose “the better path”.
Sincerely, Fred Lanting, Mr.GSD@netscape.com

Fred Lanting, Willow Wood Consulting: Evaluations, Seminars; Books --- angelfire.com/de3/jagenstadt/vonsalixHome.html
-(or)- http://siriusdog.com/sphider/search.php?query=lanting&search=1
(or) www.FredLanting.org
Back to top Go down

FW: [ALpet-law] protecting the APBT and your rights to own t
Page 1 of 1