Pit Bull Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mandatory Spay/Neuter

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
suki
suki

Female Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2007-03-05

Mandatory Spay/Neuter Empty
PostSubject: Mandatory Spay/Neuter   Mandatory Spay/Neuter Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 9:44 pm

http://cbs2.com/local/Euthanasia.Pet.Cat.2.639682.html

you guys (yeah, i'm from the north! Wink ) for or against the government "stepping in"?

~just curious.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/suki9259
pitmamma
pitmamma

Female Number of posts : 1414
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Mandatory Spay/Neuter   Mandatory Spay/Neuter Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 10:28 pm

This is a tough one. I don't think there is any reason to not s/n if the dog is "just a pet.' But on the other hand, I am not big on governmental control. If it was a perfect world lol! then people would have it done for the health and safety of their animals. My dogs that are just pets are 'fixed' the others are not. They are saying you can get an exemption for competition amd breeding dogs, but again, government control. They will have a list of who owns dogs, how many, and what breed the dogs are, etc. Maybe I am just being paranoid, but I don't feel it is anyones business. There would probably be more people to s/n their animals if it wasn't soo much money, yes there are programs that can help, but these programs are not everywhere or always easily accessible to people.
There is also controversy surrounding 'fixing' an animal so young. To add to that, a person does not always know at 4 months of age whether a dog will be a show dog or agility dog or whatever, that is (most of the time) too young to tell. I could keep going lol but I will give someone else a chance.
Back to top Go down
apbtproud

apbtproud

Female Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2007-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Mandatory Spay/Neuter   Mandatory Spay/Neuter Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 5:51 pm

Pitmamma, I totally agree with you..
What ever happend to our CHOICE?
Yeah my dogs are fixed, but it was my choice- and I just see that our freedom is getting smaller and smaller each time..
Pretty soon like in some counties/cities- will be the choice of dog you have that will be taken away..
Its just sad what is happening here- by the time you know it
its going to be like communism here!
Back to top Go down
http://www.apbt.meetup.com/252
CoolHandJean

CoolHandJean

Female Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2007-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Mandatory Spay/Neuter   Mandatory Spay/Neuter Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 3:21 am

I am against the govt. stepping in, mainly because I feel the govt. takes too many liberties in our lives.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mandatory Spay/Neuter   Mandatory Spay/Neuter Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mandatory Spay/Neuter
Page 1 of 1