Pit Bull Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

You Might Be A Yankee If...

Go down 
+3
suki
lovemypits
pitmamma
7 posters
AuthorMessage
pitmamma
pitmamma

Female Number of posts : 1414
Registration date : 2007-06-22

You Might Be A Yankee If... Empty
PostSubject: You Might Be A Yankee If...   You Might Be A Yankee If... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 2:38 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You Might be a Yankee If...
1) You think barbecue is a verb meaning "to cook outside."

2) You think Heinz Ketchup is SPICY!

3) You don't have any problems pronouncing "Worcestershire sauce"
correctly.

4) For breakfast, you would prefer potatoes au gratin to grits.

5) You don't know what a moon pie is.

6) You've never had grain alcohol.

7) You've never, ever, eaten Okra.

Cool You eat fried chicken with a knife and fork.

9) You've never seen a live chicken, and the only cows you've seen are on
road trips.

10) You have no idea what a polecat is.

11) Whenever someone tells an off*color joke about farm animals, it goes
over your head.

12) You don't see anything wrong with putting a sweater on a poodle.

13) You don't have bangs.

14) You would rather vacation at Martha's Vineyard than Six Flags.

15) More than two generations of your family have been kicked out of the
same prep school in Connecticut.

16) You would rather have your son become a lawyer than grow up to get
his own TV fishing show.

17) Instead of referring to two or more people as "y'all," you call them "you
guys," even if both of them are women.

18) You don't think Howard Stern has an accent.

19) You have never planned your summer vacation around a gun*and*knife
show.

20) You think more money should go to important scientific research at
your university than to pay the salary of the head football coach.

21) You don't have at least one can of WD*40 somewhere around the house.

22) The last time you smiled was when you prevented someone from getting
on An on*ramp on the highway.

23) You don't have any hats in your closet that advertise feed stores.

24) The farthest south you've ever been is the perfume counter at Neiman
Marcus.

25) You call binoculars opera glasses.

26) You can't spit out the car window without pulling over to the side of the
road and stopping.

27) You would never wear pink or an appliqued sweatshirt.

28) You don't know what appliqued is.

29) Most of your formative high school sexual experiences took place within
the context of a football game.

30) You don't know anyone with two first names (i.e. Joe Bob, Billy Bob,
Bubba Kay Bob, Bob Bob)

31) You don't have doilies, and you certainly don't know how to make one.

32) You've never been to a craft show.

33) You get freaked out when people on the subway talk to you.
Back to top Go down
lovemypits
Admin
Admin
lovemypits

Female Number of posts : 1708
Registration date : 2007-03-30

PostSubject: Re: You Might Be A Yankee If...   You Might Be A Yankee If... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 7:28 pm

Ummm... it's not okay to put a sweater on a poodle? scratch
Back to top Go down
pitmamma
pitmamma

PostSubject: Re: You Might Be A Yankee If...   You Might Be A Yankee If... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 7:59 pm

It is okay but only if it has doilies appliqued on it and you bought it at a craft show affraid
Back to top Go down
suki
suki

Female Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: You Might Be A Yankee If...   You Might Be A Yankee If... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 9:51 pm

hey~
"you guys" Wink

VERY proud to be a damn Yankee!!!!!!!

woohooo, go Pats!!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/suki9259
gamebred79

gamebred79

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2008-01-17

PostSubject: Re: You Might Be A Yankee If...   You Might Be A Yankee If... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 9:23 am

moon pie?
Back to top Go down
gamebred79

gamebred79

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2008-01-17

PostSubject: Re: You Might Be A Yankee If...   You Might Be A Yankee If... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 9:24 am

moon pie?
Back to top Go down
jeremy @ aftershockennels

jeremy @ aftershockennels

Male Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2007-12-27

PostSubject: Re: You Might Be A Yankee If...   You Might Be A Yankee If... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 9:38 am

im gonna go get some moon pie from my wife right now i will be back in 15min
Back to top Go down
pitmamma
pitmamma

PostSubject: Re: You Might Be A Yankee If...   You Might Be A Yankee If... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 2:09 pm

Wow Game, you've never heard of a moon pie Very Happy They are yummy...
Back to top Go down
CoolHandJean

CoolHandJean

Female Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2007-11-02

PostSubject: Re: You Might Be A Yankee If...   You Might Be A Yankee If... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 7:00 pm

I find this funny but not quite accurate. I already put this in another forum that put this, but I'll add it here as well. lol...
It might be accurate for city yankees, but not country yankees...

"2) You think Heinz Ketchup is SPICY!" --I never heard of spicy heinz ketchup.

"5) You don't know what a moon pie is."--We had moon pies where I lived.

"Cool You eat fried chicken with a knife and fork."--I never saw anyone in my family eat fired chicken with a knife and fork. lol.

"9) You've never seen a live chicken, and the only cows you've seen are on
road trips."--Never been to PA, huh? Holsteins are very common to see. Plus many of my neighbors had chickens just running around their yards. lol.

"12) You don't see anything wrong with putting a sweater on a poodle." --That's definitely a city yankee thing.

"14) You would rather vacation at Martha's Vineyard than Six Flags."--I'd rather not go to either. lol. I'd rather go camping.

"15) More than two generations of your family have been kicked out of the
same prep school in Connecticut."--This is more of a Rich person thing. lol.

"18) You don't think Howard Stern has an accent."--He definitely has a New Yorkers accent.

"21) You don't have at least one can of WD*40 somewhere around the house."--We always had at least one can around.

"22) The last time you smiled was when you prevented someone from getting on an on*ramp on the highway."--I actually got more smiles and feeling greetings from the people in my hometown than I do in the town I'm living in now.

"24) The farthest south you've ever been is the perfume counter at Neiman
Marcus."--I don't know what a Neiman Marcus is. lol.

"26) You can't spit out the car window without pulling over to the side of the road and stopping." --My Dad is quite good at this. lol.

"31) You don't have doilies, and you certainly don't know how to make one."--We had doilies, and I can't make them, but my Grandmother could.

"32) You've never been to a craft show."--In my hometown, craft shows are like the most exciting things to do. lol. People go crazy about them.

"33) You get freaked out when people on the subway talk to you."--I actually had a pretty nice talk with a couple on the subway once.

The rest for the most part are true. Especially the BBQ one, though now I say "cook out", because I now know the greatest of Carolina BBQ. And I have had grain alcohol, but I did that once living in the South, so that one is pretty spot on.

"3) You don't have any problems pronouncing "Worcestershire sauce"
correctly."--I do, but I agree most Yankees don't.

"4) For breakfast, you would prefer potatoes au gratin to grits."--I used to eat grits when I was a kid, but also agree that most Yankees would want potatoes.

"7) You've never, ever, eaten Okra."--I have, but only once I can South, so this is pretty spot on.

"10) You have no idea what a polecat is."--This one is true. I don't know what it is.

"11) Whenever someone tells an off*color joke about farm animals, it goes
over your head."--This is more of a city yankee one, but most off color farm jokes I get.

"13) You don't have bangs."--I did as a kid, but not anymore. I don't really know how people wear their hair though. I usually don't pay attention, so you might be right on this one.

"17) Instead of referring to two or more people as "y'all," you call them "you guys," even if both of them are women."--This one is extremely true.

"19) You have never planned your summer vacation around a gun*and*knife show." --I haven't planned my summer vacation, but I have planned my weekends around a few. lol.

"30) You don't know anyone with two first names (i.e. Joe Bob, Billy Bob,
Bubba Kay Bob, Bob Bob)"--I have a cousin named Barbara Ann and a close friend named Jean-Marie.

That about covers it. lol.

"23) You don't have any hats in your closet that advertise feed stores."--This is true. We just have a bunch of hats advertising local plumbing supply places (my Dad is a Plumber/Electrician).

"27) You would never wear pink or an appliqued sweatshirt./28) You don't know what appliqued is." --This is very true, because I hate pink, and I don't know what appliqued is. lol.
Back to top Go down
marlenadee

marlenadee

Female Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: LMAO!   You Might Be A Yankee If... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 4:55 am

CoolHandJean wrote:
I find this funny but not quite accurate. I already put this in another forum that put this, but I'll add it here as well. lol...
It might be accurate for city yankees, but not country yankees...

"2) You think Heinz Ketchup is SPICY!" --I never heard of spicy heinz ketchup.

"5) You don't know what a moon pie is."--We had moon pies where I lived.

"Cool You eat fried chicken with a knife and fork."--I never saw anyone in my family eat fired chicken with a knife and fork. lol.

"9) You've never seen a live chicken, and the only cows you've seen are on
road trips."--Never been to PA, huh? Holsteins are very common to see. Plus many of my neighbors had chickens just running around their yards. lol.

"12) You don't see anything wrong with putting a sweater on a poodle." --That's definitely a city yankee thing.

"14) You would rather vacation at Martha's Vineyard than Six Flags."--I'd rather not go to either. lol. I'd rather go camping.

"15) More than two generations of your family have been kicked out of the
same prep school in Connecticut."--This is more of a Rich person thing. lol.

"18) You don't think Howard Stern has an accent."--He definitely has a New Yorkers accent.

"21) You don't have at least one can of WD*40 somewhere around the house."--We always had at least one can around.

"22) The last time you smiled was when you prevented someone from getting on an on*ramp on the highway."--I actually got more smiles and feeling greetings from the people in my hometown than I do in the town I'm living in now.

"24) The farthest south you've ever been is the perfume counter at Neiman
Marcus."--I don't know what a Neiman Marcus is. lol.

"26) You can't spit out the car window without pulling over to the side of the road and stopping." --My Dad is quite good at this. lol.

"31) You don't have doilies, and you certainly don't know how to make one."--We had doilies, and I can't make them, but my Grandmother could.

"32) You've never been to a craft show."--In my hometown, craft shows are like the most exciting things to do. lol. People go crazy about them.

"33) You get freaked out when people on the subway talk to you."--I actually had a pretty nice talk with a couple on the subway once.

The rest for the most part are true. Especially the BBQ one, though now I say "cook out", because I now know the greatest of Carolina BBQ. And I have had grain alcohol, but I did that once living in the South, so that one is pretty spot on.

"3) You don't have any problems pronouncing "Worcestershire sauce"
correctly."--I do, but I agree most Yankees don't.

"4) For breakfast, you would prefer potatoes au gratin to grits."--I used to eat grits when I was a kid, but also agree that most Yankees would want potatoes.

"7) You've never, ever, eaten Okra."--I have, but only once I can South, so this is pretty spot on.

"10) You have no idea what a polecat is."--This one is true. I don't know what it is.

"11) Whenever someone tells an off*color joke about farm animals, it goes
over your head."--This is more of a city yankee one, but most off color farm jokes I get.

"13) You don't have bangs."--I did as a kid, but not anymore. I don't really know how people wear their hair though. I usually don't pay attention, so you might be right on this one.

"17) Instead of referring to two or more people as "y'all," you call them "you guys," even if both of them are women."--This one is extremely true.

"19) You have never planned your summer vacation around a gun*and*knife show." --I haven't planned my summer vacation, but I have planned my weekends around a few. lol.

"30) You don't know anyone with two first names (i.e. Joe Bob, Billy Bob,
Bubba Kay Bob, Bob Bob)"--I have a cousin named Barbara Ann and a close friend named Jean-Marie.

That about covers it. lol.

"23) You don't have any hats in your closet that advertise feed stores."--This is true. We just have a bunch of hats advertising local plumbing supply places (my Dad is a Plumber/Electrician).

"27) You would never wear pink or an appliqued sweatshirt./28) You don't know what appliqued is." --This is very true, because I hate pink, and I don't know what appliqued is. lol.

This whole thread is very funny.Cool hand Jean you hit the nail right on the head!LoL
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=marlenadee
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You Might Be A Yankee If...   You Might Be A Yankee If... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

You Might Be A Yankee If...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pit Bull Family :: The Camp Fire :: General-
Jump to: