Pit Bull Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Weight pull Cruel?

Go down 
+3
jeremy @ aftershockennels
lovemypits
pitmamma
7 posters
AuthorMessage
pitmamma
pitmamma

Female Number of posts : 1414
Registration date : 2007-06-22

Weight pull Cruel? Empty
PostSubject: Weight pull Cruel?   Weight pull Cruel? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 5:14 pm

This is ignorant...

http://www.peta.org/about/victoryItem.asp?Victoryid=519
Back to top Go down
lovemypits
Admin
Admin
lovemypits

Female Number of posts : 1708
Registration date : 2007-03-30

Weight pull Cruel? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight pull Cruel?   Weight pull Cruel? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 6:14 pm

Arrrrggg.... damn webwasher at work won't let me read the article.... I do see peta in the address tho so I can only imagine Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
pitmamma
pitmamma

Weight pull Cruel? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight pull Cruel?   Weight pull Cruel? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 6:16 pm

Bar Cancels Dog Weight Pull-Contest

Gilchrist County Animal Control in Florida called PETA asking for help getting a dog weight-pulling event canceled at The Hitching Post bar in Trenton. Sadly, laws do not protect animals from being forced to participate in these types of events, which often serve as networking opportunities for dogfighters. After animal control officers told the bar's owner that PETA disapproved of the weight pull, we called the owner and secured the immediate cancellation of the cruel event.
Back to top Go down
pitmamma
pitmamma

Weight pull Cruel? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight pull Cruel?   Weight pull Cruel? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 6:20 pm

Maybe you guys are better than me BUT I usually can't force my dogs to do much, lol. How do you force a dog to weight pull? I thought they did it because they think it is fun and/or to please their master. When I put the harness and sled on Dozer the other day, he thought that was the funnest thing in the world, it was play time...
Back to top Go down
lovemypits
Admin
Admin
lovemypits

Weight pull Cruel? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight pull Cruel?   Weight pull Cruel? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 6:25 pm

Thanks Tami. Ummm.. force them? Put a gun to their head? Hold a steak in front of them? LOL .. I kid. Maybe someone needs to show PETA idiots some pics of dogs pulling kids.. or yard things. What about sled dogs? Oh yeah... they are against the iditarod too.. stupid PETA.
Back to top Go down
pitmamma
pitmamma

Weight pull Cruel? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight pull Cruel?   Weight pull Cruel? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 6:45 pm

Maybe we can send the PETA people to Alaska. If they can't use dogs to pull their sled maybe the PETA people would do it, I am sure someone could make a harness to fit, lol.
Back to top Go down
lovemypits
Admin
Admin
lovemypits

Weight pull Cruel? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight pull Cruel?   Weight pull Cruel? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 7:02 pm

Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down

Male Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2007-12-27

Weight pull Cruel? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight pull Cruel?   Weight pull Cruel? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 5:10 am

GAY!
Back to top Go down
SouthernStylePits

SouthernStylePits

Female Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2008-01-12

Weight pull Cruel? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight pull Cruel?   Weight pull Cruel? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 4:34 pm

It's PETA...I'm not surprised!
Back to top Go down
http://southernstylepitbulls.tripod.com
pitmamma
pitmamma

Weight pull Cruel? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight pull Cruel?   Weight pull Cruel? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 4:41 pm

Someone enlightened me, they said you can force a dog by way of cattle prod, etc.
I was talking about normal people...It is no different that the little league or pee-wee football dad the runs on the field and hits a child because they tackled his son, I was referring to normal people, not people of their damn rocker....
Back to top Go down
CoolHandJean

CoolHandJean

Female Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2007-11-02

Weight pull Cruel? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight pull Cruel?   Weight pull Cruel? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 7:14 pm

at all the weight pulls I have been to, I've only seen one dog that looked completely miserable to be pulling, and I felt bad for that dog, but the rest looked like they were in Heaven.
Back to top Go down
apbtproud

apbtproud

Female Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2007-12-27

Weight pull Cruel? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight pull Cruel?   Weight pull Cruel? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 9:50 pm

OMG!!! PETA again!
Come On - we as owners give our dogs jobs to do- so they can do something and not just lay around..
My club just started to offer weight pull classes, I am so excited- even though my dog is 2 1/2 yrs old he loved it and I am so proud of him..
I want to learn as much as I can about weight pulling and would like to later on buy a pup and put him on that..
Weight pull Cruel? 120170734425713
Back to top Go down
http://www.apbt.meetup.com/252
Masterpiece

Masterpiece

Female Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2007-11-06

Weight pull Cruel? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight pull Cruel?   Weight pull Cruel? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 12:04 am

are you kidding... i hate PETA they started off with a great purpose and a good idea now its turned to the worst.. let every thing get to there head or what ever... they lost sight in what they are originally doing...
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/midisandvictor
Sponsored content

Weight pull Cruel? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight pull Cruel?   Weight pull Cruel? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Weight pull Cruel?
Page 1 of 1