Pit Bull Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pit Bull Family

A place for ALL pit bull owners to come and socialize.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New here

Go down 
+5
woody d
jamiewest33
pitmamma
lovemypits
Sally Pfitzer
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Sally Pfitzer

Female Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-01-02

New here Empty
PostSubject: Re: New here   New here Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 5:12 pm

Hello--This is my first post. I do not have a pit-bull at the present. I love the breed, and had three pits over a 25 year span. I am an old lady--72 years old. I live in the Sierra's of Northern California. I am at the 4000 ft. level. I have an English Bull Terrier, a vanilla girl with a black spot over her right eye. She is ten years old. She is deaf, can't see well any more, not many teeth left, and a bad back. She is raw fed. I grind her food. She is allergic to all grains. I love her heart and soul. I had my first pit-bull,Josie, aq brindle for ten years. My second, Maggie ,black and white, for five years. I gave her up to my vet for adoption when my husband died and I had to move. (The vet adopted her.), my third pit was Harry--a female, I named for my husband who had died, and I wanted to be able to say his name I missed him so. Harry was a brindle. She lived to be not quite nine. We were together every day from her puppyhood to the day I walked her to the vets to be put down. She had liver cancer. I was devastated. I was afraid that cancer was too common with the pits, and I love the bully breeds, so I called Bull Terrier Rescue and they were so kind as to provide me with Leyla a five year old with health issues. She had been neglected too. We rescued each other. When Leyla goes to the Rainbow bridge I have hopes of maybe returning to the pit-bulls. They are loyal, wonderful dogs. My children grew up having pits to play with, and they watched over the little ones too. (we never were burgled either.)smile.Thank you for accepting my membership. hugs, Sally/Leyla
Back to top Go down
lovemypits
Admin
Admin
lovemypits

Female Number of posts : 1708
Registration date : 2007-03-30

New here Empty
PostSubject: Re: New here   New here Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 5:26 pm

Welcome Sally! I hope you don't mind I split your intro out of Karla's to give you your very own!!
Back to top Go down
pitmamma
pitmamma

Female Number of posts : 1414
Registration date : 2007-06-22

New here Empty
PostSubject: Re: New here   New here Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 6:01 pm

Welcome Sally. You made me cry, what a touching story. It is very nice to have you here.
Back to top Go down
jamiewest33

jamiewest33

Female Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2007-10-22

New here Empty
PostSubject: Re: New here   New here Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 7:57 pm

Welcome Sally, I cried too.
Back to top Go down
woody d

woody d

Male Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2007-12-21

New here Empty
PostSubject: Re: New here   New here Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 10:49 pm

if it isnt a burden, i wanna hear some stories. its great to hear from someone with years experience with this breed. 25 years shows you have a soft spot for them, and it proves its not just a "macho" thing the media likes to portray. welcome, and i look forward to reading your posts Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Patch O' Pits

Patch O' Pits

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2007-12-27

New here Empty
PostSubject: Re: New here   New here Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 11:03 pm

Hello and welcome! sunny
Back to top Go down
midwest_showdogs
midwest_showdogs

Male Number of posts : 457
Registration date : 2007-10-27

New here Empty
PostSubject: Re: New here   New here Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 11:04 pm

glad your here Sally its a great thing that your here to be with us. I love that you still love the breed and want to be together with people that loves the breed as much as you do. I think that you will love the site. We are all a family here .
Back to top Go down
Dunlap
Site Owner
Site Owner
Dunlap

Male Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2007-03-04

New here Empty
PostSubject: Re: New here   New here Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 4:46 am

Thank you for joining us, I'll be looking forward to hearing stories from you Smile

If you need any help, just let me or one of the mods know and you'll get whatever you need Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.pitbull-family.com
Shell

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-01-04

New here Empty
PostSubject: Re: New here   New here Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 5:26 pm

Welcome sally. Thank you for sharing your stories they were really sweet. Pleased to meet you.
*Shell
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New here Empty
PostSubject: Re: New here   New here Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New here
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pit Bull Family :: Site Related :: Introductions-
Jump to: